Wheeler Dealers Mercury Capri

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Wheeler Dealers Mercury Capri

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:I am no metal worker but good skills on those bumpers. I always think the Mercury looks a bit half ar*ed with those twin headlights and MK2 type grille thing but maybe it's let down by the rest of the US spec I don't know. I really like the MK2 with square type lights, uaed to be the hated or forgotten Capri but I really like it now.
I'm not saying I don't like the European-spec mark 2, but I think the US-spec cars with the twin round headlights look a little better. I must admit that I really like those orange sidelight things that American market cars have fitted to the wings, they look great when they are lit up at night. I can understand how they wouldn't be to everybody's taste, but wouldn't it be a boring world if we all liked the same things?

Andrew.
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Personally I like the mk2 with bits European square headlamps and indicators and really dislike to see mk2's with the 'startled' look of mk3 twin headlamps.......
(Erm.....sorry, mk2 facelift twin headlamps) :sarcasmalert:
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:I am no metal worker but good skills on those bumpers. I always think the Mercury looks a bit half ar*ed with those twin headlights and MK2 type grille thing but maybe it's let down by the rest of the US spec I don't know. I really like the MK2 with square type lights, uaed to be the hated or forgotten Capri but I really like it now.
I'm not saying I don't like the European-spec mark 2, but I think the US-spec cars with the twin round headlights look a little better. I must admit that I really like those orange sidelight things that American market cars have fitted to the wings, they look great when they are lit up at night. I can understand how they wouldn't be to everybody's taste, but wouldn't it be a boring world if we all liked the same things?

Andrew.
Oh yeah I agree, makes the world go around.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

pbar wrote:You can also watch it, correctly, here -

https://cloudvideo.tv/n9r5ryv5rwk0
Hi Paul,

I finally got around to watching the full episode tonight using this link you posted as my you tube links kept getting taken down !!! I really enjoyed it and thought Ant did a terrific job, especially on those bumpers he hand crafted. They looked superb...sooooo much better than those horrible American safety things !!!! Keeping the round headlights deffo worked with this one rather than the "pyrex dishes" as Mike called them :lol: I really like the Mk2's with the square headlights as well though. I know a lot has been said about Edd being so great on Wheeler dealers I the past and I agree he has, but I really like Ant. He really enjoyed working on this Capri and it showed ! Was funny when he said its a car that you just cannot but help fall in love with as his Grandad loves Capris, his Dad loves Capris, he loves Capris and his eleven year old loves Capris :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway thanks for the link Paul. Nice one mate :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Glad you enjoyed it Nick :)