Cool Dash Update Nov 2018

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Cool Dash Update Nov 2018

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote:From Cool Dash FB page;
"In order to progress in what we do, we've listened to our customers and we now send out boxed or tubed" :)
Yep, just as Andy has said the team at Cool Dash have changed their method of delivery from jiffy bag to either a box or tube. Its brilliant when a company hears what customers are saying and does something about it. Whilst I still think the jiffy bag was not too bad the new box/tubes will be better so I say Well done Cool Dash. :applaud:

Image2018-11-11_09-41-43 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:From Cool Dash FB page;
"In order to progress in what we do, we've listened to our customers and we now send out boxed or tubed" :)
Yep, just as Andy has said the team at Cool Dash have changed their method of delivery from jiffy bag to either a box or tube. Its brilliant when a company hears what customers are saying and does something about it. Whilst I still think the jiffy bag was not too bad the new box/tubes will be better so I say Well done Cool Dash. :applaud:

Image2018-11-11_09-41-43 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
The problem with the jiffy bag was folding the mat causing creases which are still there :(
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:The problem with the jiffy bag was folding the mat causing creases which are still there :(
Yep mine did have some fold creases too mate but it dont seem too bad now Andy. I had mine on the window sill for over a week where the sun could hit it then i laid sone books on the fold areas and as said it aint too bad at all now. I have it sitting on the dash. I run my hand over it back and forth and the folds are not that noticeable.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

One night under the mother in laws mattress and it’s as flat as it can possibly be .... only trouble now think it may be to flat :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:The problem with the jiffy bag was folding the mat causing creases which are still there :(
Yep mine did have some fold creases too mate but it dont seem too bad now Andy. I had mine on the window sill for over a week where the sun could hit it then i laid sone books on the fold areas and as said it aint too bad at all now. I have it sitting on the dash. I run my hand over it back and forth and the folds are not that noticeable.
Have just put mine on a flat surface with some weight on it, Will give it a few days then it's going in the car. Hopefully any sun we get next year will also improve :cheers:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:One night under the mother in laws mattress and it’s as flat as it can possibly be .... only trouble now think it may be to flat :lol:
:D
Daz-RSK
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.8i Special

Post by Daz-RSK »

andyd wrote:
Daz-RSK wrote:Thanks for raising this Nick. I am not on fb so would never have known.

I should have read this thread further, instead of just Nick's OP and then asking the company the question. You guys would probably be able to answer.

Can this be used permanently ? Does it have the weight to stay on the dashboard whilst the car is moving - or will it slide off ?

It really is a menace, the dashboard on mine. Apart from the seats, which I'm having refurbed anyway, the top of the dash is cracked in the usual spot, by the speaker grill. I would love a tailored version that looks good enough to sit permanently on the top there. It would be good if a company then made one that was tailored for a permanent fit and cut outs for the screen vents.

You chaps may already know this. :cool:
Hi mate,
I haven't used the Capri mat yet, but I had one on my XR4x4 and kept it on all the time. It sits in place no problem, only thing is it does block the screen vents, but as I don't drive in wet or damp weather it's not really a problem.
Due to the shape of the dash the Capri mat is a little thinner above the glovebox area than the Sierra, but hopefully it stays on whilst driving....
Thanks for that Andy. Helpful stuff there.

I have also had a response back from Colin and he said that permanent style covers are being looked at next. These don't have the cut out for the screen vents, as you said Andy. But plans are afoot.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Also the holes need to be there as that old stereo really needs them to keep cool , so don’t drive with the cover on ..
I remember back in the late 80s burning my hand on that what was new stereo. And when I put in a Panasonic headhunt in the 90s the guy even said that’s why the dash cracks because of the heat .
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Also the holes need to be there as that old stereo really needs them to keep cool , so don’t drive with the cover on ..
I remember back in the late 80s burning my hand on that what was new stereo. And when I put in a Panasonic headhunt in the 90s the guy even said that’s why the dash cracks because of the heat .
I don't tend to use a radio, but good tip.
Tbh, as long as the mat is used when sun is strong, I don't think it matters if it wasn't used all the time when driving.... i.e Early morning and tea time/evening....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:I don't tend to use a radio
The sweet sound of the V6 is all the music you need! :D
andyd wrote:Tbh, as long as the mat is used when sun is strong, I don't think it matters if it wasn't used all the time when driving.... i.e Early morning and tea time/evening....
:agree: Makes sense.
It's great that Colin at Cool dash has listened to customer feedback and resolved the packaging issues.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:I don't tend to use a radio
The sweet sound of the V6 is all the music you need! :D

Andrew.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I tried playing a tape in it, but it was raaaaaaaaaather sloooooooooooow so don't think i'll bother again incase it eats one :doh:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I am still waiting to do a update on mine as I love music and the drive and johns set up was the dogs what nots .
It’s going to be a new petrol tank and fuel lines or headunit update ? Also going to get that little bit of paint work sorted ....
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Daz-RSK wrote:Thanks for raising this Nick. I am not on fb so would never have known.

I should have read this thread further, instead of just Nick's OP and then asking the company the question. You guys would probably be able to answer.

Can this be used permanently ? Does it have the weight to stay on the dashboard whilst the car is moving - or will it slide off ?

It really is a menace, the dashboard on mine. Apart from the seats, which I'm having refurbed anyway, the top of the dash is cracked in the usual spot, by the speaker grill. I would love a tailored version that looks good enough to sit permanently on the top there. It would be good if a company then made one that was tailored for a permanent fit and cut outs for the screen vents.

Hi mate. No problems :) Yep I only do fb for Capri related stuff. I am only in closed Capri groups. I don't do 'public' fb mate. Cant be bothered with all the crap this entails so I just keep it simple and keep it Capri !! :lol:

Yep I was talking with Colin at Cool Dash this afternoon and he deffo has plans to see if he can make up a mat with vent holes. He was telling me he had an enquiry so am guessing this was probably you fella :) With regards to using them as a permanent fitting as Andy has said about his previous XR 4X4 one he had that fitted so well he used it all the time, these Capri ones really are a great fit too and sit very solidly on the dash but as we know the passenger side of the dash on our beloved Capri is quite a bit narrower than the main bit but it still sits very well on this. You might want to look at undoing the passenger side column trim and tucking the end of the mat underneath and refitting the trim panel to make it even more secure as there is about a couple of inches to play with. Just a thought as the dash does go under this trim panel anyway so worth just seeing if you can do this if you want to keep it on all of the time

All the best mate

Nick

Nick
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:

Hi mate. No problems :) Yep I only do fb for Capri related stuff. I am only in closed Capri groups. I don't do 'public' fb mate. Cant be bothered with all the crap this entails so I just keep it simple and keep it Capri !! :lol:

Yep I was talking with Colin at Cool Dash this afternoon and he deffo has plans to see if he can make up a mat with vent holes. He was telling me he had an enquiry so am guessing this was probably you fella :) With regards to using them as a permanent fitting as Andy has said about his previous XR 4X4 one he had that fitted so well he used it all the time, these Capri ones really are a great fit too and sit very solidly on the dash but as we know the passenger side of the dash on our beloved Capri is quite a bit narrower than the main bit but it still sits very well on this. You might want to look at undoing the passenger side column trim and tucking the end of the mat underneath and refitting the trim panel to make it even more secure as there is about a couple of inches to play with. Just a thought as the dash does go under this trim panel anyway so worth just seeing if you can do this if you want to keep it on all of the time

All the best mate

Nick

Nick
Maybe some velcro strips would help secure it so it's more permanent...You might be able to fix it forward a little so the vents are clear too :?:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Ford Capri Mk1 Cool Mats now available...

Image2018-11-13_11-24-20 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
andyd

Post by andyd »

From Cooldash FB Page today;

Did someone say Cyber Monday????
One day only, £5 off all dash covers. Offer starts from midnight till the stroke of 12 Tuesday, get yours.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So my Matt has been wrapped up in the bag in the boot all winter and today as it’s nice I have had a good run out then as we say been playing on the drive with the Capri and I think the Matt looks the same as it did when I got it .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:So my Matt has been wrapped up in the bag in the boot all winter and today as it’s nice I have had a good run out then as we say been playing on the drive with the Capri and I think the Matt looks the same as it did when I got it .
Hi Jason,
It looks to be a little wrinkled. Almost exactly the same as mine, in fact.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I thought that was because I left mine rolled up for 6 months so yours still the same . I wonder how everybody else are getting on ?
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: I wonder how everybody else are getting on ?
Similar to yours......Been laid flat since it arrived and been on the dash a fair while now.