A Sign of the Times

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: A Sign of the Times

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
D366Y wrote:No more Man of the Match in Cricket either, it's now player of the match :shock: It's men playing it so what's the issue :?
It is unbelievable as that's not offensive at all. Who's got enough time on their hands that they feel the need to complain about it? :roll:

Andrew.
Who takes notice of the complaints is more of a concern Andrew :o

We all have things we don't like or agree with....Can't change everything in life (Yet)
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Who's got enough time on their hands that they feel the need to complain about this stuff?
In the main it is people who are employed in non productive roles, often jobs which did not even exist years ago, and are desperate to prove their worth and career existence. After all if they didn't do such things, then they are pointless and worthless.

Examples of such jobs would be health and safety officers, human resource managers, marketing this, executive that, logistical other, and so on.

There are so many inflated job titles at the moment, and those roles are just as inflated.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

pbar wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Who's got enough time on their hands that they feel the need to complain about this stuff?
In the main it is people who are employed in non productive roles, often jobs which did not even exist years ago, and are desperate to prove their worth and career existence. After all if they didn't do such things, then they are pointless and worthless.

Examples of such jobs would be health and safety officers, human resource managers, marketing this, executive that, logistical other, and so on.

There are so many inflated job titles at the moment, and those roles are just as inflated.
I voted to leave at the Brexit referendum but must admit having my reservations now having realised that this country, once a world leader, now doesn't actually make and manufacture a fraction of what it did 40 or 50 years ago. It was to replace the jobs lost in the steel works, mines, shipyards and a lot of this manufacturing that is the reason for the upsurge in these useless petty jobsworth type of jobs. Finding jobs for the boys as they used to say.

I know we are still what's regarded as a high wage economy which was partly (along with Red Robbo & co!) the reason for a lot of the old, inefficient industries closing but we really need to get some proper productive industries back up and running if we are to really thrive after leaving the bastion of efficiency otherwise known as the EU. Germany, France, Japan, America and South Korea are high wage economies too but they still manufacture a hell of a lot of stuff both for internal consumption and more importantly export. Even Italy does, look at the size of the Fiat empire and also all the ships that are built there.

It's because of the made up jobs that the Chancellor and the Govenor of The Bank of England keep chirping on about the lack of productivity in the country - we now need to really shift the emphasis of the country back to actually making stuff if we really want to thrive after this Brexit balls up is sorted out. It should start in the schools.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
D366Y wrote:No more Man of the Match in Cricket either, it's now player of the match :shock: It's men playing it so what's the issue :?
It is unbelievable as that's not offensive at all. Who's got enough time on their hands that they feel the need to complain about this stuff? :roll:

Andrew.
It is all pretty mental isn't it? I saw a lot of people commenting on the article about gent's relish that they couldn't care less about the name of Gentleman's relish, or 'man-sized' tissues but I think it's not the quantity of people complaining that forces the hand, more like one crazed Feminist who insists on kicking up a fuss, and the respective company on the receiving end are then so concerned about looking like a bunch of racists/sexists/homophobes they just bow to the pressure to avoid any bad press on such sensitive issues
Paul G wrote:It's because of the made up jobs that the Chancellor and the Govenor of The Bank of England keep chirping on about the lack of productivity in the country - we now need to really shift the emphasis of the country back to actually making stuff if we really want to thrive after this Brexit balls up is sorted out. It should start in the schools.
Without wanting to start too much into the whole Brexit lark as I know it is divisive, I can't help but think it's also down to the upbringing more than a school... maybe I can't really comment, I was in a good school and pushed to work hard and go to uni, and I was frowned upon as being one of the only pupils who left after doing A-levels without going to a university. None of the kids I went to school with are bumming around, but we all had a good upbringing; if you grow up on a council estate with no hope or expectations in your life I can imagine its a lot harder to actually motivate yourself to do well in a negative environment?

I grew up on a council estate for the first 11 years of my life but was lucky enough to escape!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
andyd

Post by andyd »

My message to 'crazed Feminists', go and do some housework :sarcasmalert:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:My message to 'crazed Feminists', go and do some housework :sarcasmalert:
I shouldn't laugh at that comment in case the crazed feminists burn my house down...........but I will! :lol:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:My message to 'crazed Feminists', go and do some housework :sarcasmalert:
I shouldn't laugh at that comment in case the crazed feminists burn my house down...........but I will! :lol:

Andrew.
This is what happens when you let women out of the kitchen :wave:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have even let marie have a table with chairs to keep her happy out in the Kitchen , what we do for them
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:I have even let marie have a table with chairs to keep her happy out in the Kitchen , what we do for them
I hope she appreciates it JM.
I bought the Mrs a bag of coal last Christmas, she threw it straight on the fire :roll:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Just read another one on facebook, some wacky feminist has accused the classic Disney film Aladdin of being sexist and wants other fairytales to be re-written as well...

Ironically she has written a book called "Feminists don't wear pink" but she has bright pink hair :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

D366Y wrote: I saw a lot of people commenting on the article about gent's relish that they couldn't care less about the name of Gentleman's relish, or 'man-sized' tissues
Bird's custard should have to change it's name as it's not just for birds, blokes can eat it too! :lol:

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

D366Y wrote:
Ironically she has written a book called "Feminists don't wear pink" but she has bright pink hair :lol:
Sounds like she definately doesn't have enough housework to do!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andy you bought the wife a whole bag of coal :lol: love it you can’t beat the old jokes .
Christ snowwhite will have to be Gay Mohamed with 7 around the world ladyboys . And ban the songs as they may upset the kids .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Andy you bought the wife a whole bag of coal :lol: love it you can’t beat the old jokes .
Christ snowwhite will have to be Gay Mohamed with 7 around the world ladyboys . And ban the songs as they may upset the kids .
:wave:
Father Christmas....Now there's a dilemma :?
Maybe Fluid Christmas as he (?) doesn't know what he (?) wants to be for the other 364 days of the year :shock:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Want to know what's worse than an extremist feminist? (let's not paint women who fight for equal rights and rightfully stand up to injustices put in place by male politicians who think it's reasonable to tax their periods to the crazy vocal minority SJW types who are offended by literally everything here)
The extreme opposite. Men's rights activists (yes such a preposterous thing exists) and the AntiSJW types (don't get me wrong, extreme SJWs do my head in too) who cry and whine the second any sort of media, film, TV, videogames etc feature a woman or an ethnic minority in the lead role. Case in point: the new doctor who for example.
Because we haven't had enough of the white male savour type being the centre of attention in every single story in history.
Or the type of "man" who calls himself an "incel" because no woman wants to date him, usually because he's too toxic and a horrible person, but instead of looking at changing the reasons why no one wants to touch him with a ten foot pole, he blames "feminists" and women as a whole for him being an absolute undateable caveman instead.
Then again when a known sexual predator can become president despite saying things like "grab em by the pussy" during his election campaign, why bother being a decent human being? Society has proven it rewards scum, rapists, and racists so what's to incentivize better?
Now that's a true sign of our times if I ever saw one.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Some people really know how to kill the mood of a light-hearted thread...…

Andrew.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Some people really know how to kill the mood of a light-hearted thread...…

Andrew.
:lol:
Yeah it was well light hearted, to keep things on topic the subject of the thread started from a negative reaction to a question that didn't affect the OP's life in any way shape or form, yet for some reason warranted a "sign of the times" comment in a negative context.
The implications of which do not suggest a "light hearted" thread, not in any way.

Throwing in comments about "crazy people" just added to what was already a toxic conversation.
My advice is perhaps people should not talk about potentially controversial topics that they might not understand if they don't want to be challenged by it?
If one is not challenged by others from a different walk of life and experience nobody learns from anything.

A light hearted conversation would be what somebody had for dinner last night, or whatever happened in the latest sporting events and the like, not what certain language means on an online form, and then proceed to call such marginalized people who might use such a thing "filth" or "crazy", both of which suggesting something much darker and sinister than a "light hearted" conversation.

People have a right to exist regardless of anyone's opinion so long as they themselves aren't breaking the law or hurting anyone in the process.

And for everyone's information those "types" of people have existed for centuries around the world, it's nothing new and certainly not anything to do with a "sign of the times".

I have close friends that people in here would describe as "filth", they are wonderful, normal people who just want the same rights as everyone else and not have to live their life under constant fear of discrimination, violence and or death so you're damn right I'm going to shoot that sort of nonsense down when I see it!

Sorry if that "ruins the mood", but the mood was sour to start with.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Arya2.0S wrote:
People have a right to exist regardless of anyone's opinion so long as they themselves aren't breaking the law or hurting anyone in the process.

And for everyone's information those "types" of people have existed for centuries around the world, it's nothing new and certainly not anything to do with a "sign of the times".
:agree: People have a right to be and believe in what they want, and what they do in their own home is none of my business.

But, I'm fed up with Pride and religious marches etc, I don't go around the streets announcing my sexual preferences and neither do other straight people and I don't care what God you believe in either.
It appears we are being forced to accept things that we don't neccesarily like/agree with and those marching are convincing themselves imo....
And then they wonder why they often get abuse or beaten up :?

I'm fed up with social media giving 'nobodys' a platform to air their views which would otherwise be between them and their friends.
Life is too short to be taking selfies and comparing how great/bad your life is to others.

It is an age related opinion, and if younger people have no problem then good on them. I'm glad I grew up in the decades I did as I'm sure 1000's of others are too, not always great times but imo far better for many reasons.

Anyway that's my view and I shall not be commenting on this thread again :cheers:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Let's bring this back to being a nice light-hearted thread...

I went for a job today at a factory that makes rubber buttons for computer keyboards. I only applied because they have flexible shifts! :xd:

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Let's bring this back to being a nice light-hearted thread...
Ermm....bit late for this Andrew :lol:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I went for a job today at a factory that makes rubber buttons for computer keyboards. I only applied because they have flexible shifts! :xd:
Oh Dear.... :shock: ....full marks for trying though mate :applaud:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...