Janspeed Exhausts

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Janspeed Exhausts

Post by andyd »

Found this on Capri World from Steve (Elliecharlie);
"Janspeed are no longer making exhausts for the capris 2.8 and 3.0 there is no stock left in the uk"

Expensive but great sound.....Maybe only custom made stainless steel systems from now on :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

That's a disappointment as it was always my plan to get a Janspeed once my Sportex gave up the ghost.
Oh well.... :crying:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:That's a disappointment as it was always my plan to get a Janspeed once my Sportex gave up the ghost.
Oh well.... :crying:

Andrew.
Someone has said they are still available, so who knows :doh: Wll keep you updated :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Someone has said they are still available, so who knows :doh: Wll keep you updated :)
Burton list them as unavailable and the Ebay seller that always had them (something or other racing, if I remember correctly) now don't list them.
In fact, I've searched and can't find any suppliers that currently stock them.

It looks like you might have had the last one, Andy! :D

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: Someone has said they are still available, so who knows :doh: Wll keep you updated :)
Burton list them as unavailable and the Ebay seller that always had them (something or other racing, if I remember correctly) now don't list them.
In fact, I've searched and can't find any suppliers that currently stock them.

It looks like you might have had the last one, Andy! :D

Andrew.
Roadrunner Motorsport still do the manifolds. Steve spoke to them and they said they have no more systems in stock.

Yes, the Doc put his last old stock one on my car :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Roadrunner Motorsport
That's who I was thinking of. :doh:
It looks like a custom built stainless is going to be the only option for the future. That or a Sportex.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Just spoke with Janspeed Exhausts 01722321833.

They are going to make batches of these systems to cover orders as long as they are required! But they will not be made indefinatly!

If a group order was required that would be best option for now, and order through Janspeed as Roadrunner Motorsport are no longer selling them!

EDIT
From a FB Member after my above comment this morning;
Email from Janspeed this morning: "Hello John,
We can still make these, I have emails from 4 other people asking the same question, so if everybody confirms they want a system we will produce a batch of minimum of 5,if anyone else is interested in a system we could do a batch of 10 ,price is £441.77 plus UK delivery is £17.50 both prices plus vat, lead time is 4 to 6 weeks, payment will be needed upon placement of order.
Thanks
Andy Bryant"

So around £551 inc delivery and vat....

Steve (Elliecharlie) is finding out how many of his customers are interested in a system, so if you wanted to 'piggy back' his order (?) here are his contact details;
[email protected]
Tel: 07927 577356
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Andy,

Yep I have been reading this with interest too both hete and CW. Sounds like Janspeed just dont want to make 2.8 systems to have them on the shelf for immediate despatch. Suppose you cant blame them if they are still happy to produce them when they have deffo orders. Sadly its a sign of the times I suppose. Companies not willing to produce items out of fear they end up out of pocket but surely the demand for Capri Janspeeds is still very healthy....although alot of you guys John, Steve, Neil, Mark and yourself already have them fitted to your V6's so if many others like you do too and sadly with fewer Capris on the road maybe they think demmand is drying up ??

On another note did Janspeed ever make a single Pinto system ?? I dont recall this ? I would have been interested in one of these but not top of the list. I like Dannys system which looks very nice indeed !

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi Andy,

Yep I have been reading this with interest too both hete and CW. Sounds like Janspeed just dont want to make 2.8 systems to have them on the shelf for immediate despatch. Suppose you cant blame them if they are still happy to produce them when they have deffo orders. Sadly its a sign of the times I suppose. Companies not willing to produce items out of fear they end up out of pocket but surely the demand for Capri Janspeeds is still very healthy....although alot of you guys John, Steve, Neil, Mark and yourself already have them fitted to your V6's so if many others like you do too and sadly with fewer Capris on the road maybe they think demmand is drying up ??

On another note did Janspeed ever make a single Pinto system ?? I dont recall this ? I would have been interested in one of these but not top of the list. I like Dannys system which looks very nice indeed !

All the best mate

Nick
Hi Nick,
As you say, once you have one in theory you won't need another....
I would appear many people still want them though, and personally I would get one soon and keep it in the garage until needed :)

Don't recall a Pinto system either :?
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

andyd wrote:Don't recall a Pinto system either :?
I called Janspeed to ask if they could make them and said that they would only do it for orders of five or more, whether they realised I meant a pinto manifold or not I don't know! I'm still waiting for them to call me back with a price though :roll:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: and personally I would get one soon and keep it in the garage until needed :)
Sounds like a great plan! :D

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

D366Y wrote:
I called Janspeed to ask if they could make them and said that they would only do it for orders of five or more, whether they realised I meant a pinto manifold or not I don't know! I'm still waiting for them to call me back with a price though :roll:

Jumping in With the word Pinto ...... so not 2.8i but hey may make a manifold and exhaust for a pinto ? In stainless steel ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: and personally I would get one soon and keep it in the garage until needed :)

Andrew.
At £550 that's not bad for a twin pipe system....My Longlife Custom CRX single system was £390 (albeit fitted).
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Jasonmarie wrote:
D366Y wrote:

Jumping in With the word Pinto ...... so not 2.8i but hey may make a manifold and exhaust for a pinto ? In stainless steel ?
Well - they said maybe they would, would need a minimum of five orders though and never came back to me with a price, and when I mentioned it on here no-one responded saying they would be interested so I didn't bother following them up :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I must have missed that one Dan only remember the Dagenham one ....
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: On another note did Janspeed ever make a single Pinto system ?? I dont recall this ?
I guess they must have in the past:

http://www.burtonpower.com/janspeed-sta ... ss639.html

Part number (exhaust) SS639 (manifold) EM321. I imagine the manifold was mild steel, the same material as the 2.8 item.

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Jasonmarie wrote:I must have missed that one Dan only remember the Dagenham one ....
Was a while back, don't worry about it, would still have needed three more people and wouldn't have been cheap!
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:

Andrew.
Hi Andrew,
Out of interest, does your car have Sportex manifolds/downpipes or the standard cast iron and kidney boxes like mine?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Out of interest, does your car have Sportex manifolds/downpipes or the standard cast iron and kidney boxes like mine?
Hi Andy,
I have the Sportex manifolds. If I bought a Janspeed exhaust, I would have to buy their manifold as well.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Out of interest, does your car have Sportex manifolds/downpipes or the standard cast iron and kidney boxes like mine?
Hi Andy,
I have the Sportex manifolds. If I bought a Janspeed exhaust, I would have to buy their manifold as well.

Andrew.
Not neccesarily.
My Black 2.8 had Sportex downpipes and the chap at Powerflow managed to fit them to the Janspeed system with some of thier stainless pipe.

If you were doing it at home then probably easier to get the right manifolds rather than sleeve fit your existing downpipe, but it's still possible.

Looking on Ebay, Roadrunner no longer do the manifolds either.....I think there has been a fall out between them and Janspeed :?