Janspeed Exhausts

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Janspeed Exhausts

Postby andyd » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Found this on Capri World from Steve (Elliecharlie);
"Janspeed are no longer making exhausts for the capris 2.8 and 3.0 there is no stock left in the uk"

Expensive but great sound.....Maybe only custom made stainless steel systems from now on :?

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11830
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:48 pm

That's a disappointment as it was always my plan to get a Janspeed once my Sportex gave up the ghost.
Oh well.... :crying:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby andyd » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:That's a disappointment as it was always my plan to get a Janspeed once my Sportex gave up the ghost.
Oh well.... :crying:

Andrew.

Someone has said they are still available, so who knows :doh: Wll keep you updated :)

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11830
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 pm

andyd wrote:Someone has said they are still available, so who knows :doh: Wll keep you updated :)

Burton list them as unavailable and the Ebay seller that always had them (something or other racing, if I remember correctly) now don't list them.
In fact, I've searched and can't find any suppliers that currently stock them.

It looks like you might have had the last one, Andy! :D

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby andyd » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Someone has said they are still available, so who knows :doh: Wll keep you updated :)

Burton list them as unavailable and the Ebay seller that always had them (something or other racing, if I remember correctly) now don't list them.
In fact, I've searched and can't find any suppliers that currently stock them.

It looks like you might have had the last one, Andy! :D

Andrew.

Roadrunner Motorsport still do the manifolds. Steve spoke to them and they said they have no more systems in stock.

Yes, the Doc put his last old stock one on my car :)

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11830
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 pm

andyd wrote:Roadrunner Motorsport

That's who I was thinking of. :doh:
It looks like a custom built stainless is going to be the only option for the future. That or a Sportex.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby andyd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:17 am

Just spoke with Janspeed Exhausts 01722321833.

They are going to make batches of these systems to cover orders as long as they are required! But they will not be made indefinatly!

If a group order was required that would be best option for now, and order through Janspeed as Roadrunner Motorsport are no longer selling them!

EDIT
From a FB Member after my above comment this morning;
Email from Janspeed this morning: "Hello John,
We can still make these, I have emails from 4 other people asking the same question, so if everybody confirms they want a system we will produce a batch of minimum of 5,if anyone else is interested in a system we could do a batch of 10 ,price is £441.77 plus UK delivery is £17.50 both prices plus vat, lead time is 4 to 6 weeks, payment will be needed upon placement of order.
Thanks
Andy Bryant"

So around £551 inc delivery and vat....

Steve (Elliecharlie) is finding out how many of his customers are interested in a system, so if you wanted to 'piggy back' his order (?) here are his contact details;
[email protected]
Tel: 07927 577356

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4013
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi Andy,

Yep I have been reading this with interest too both hete and CW. Sounds like Janspeed just dont want to make 2.8 systems to have them on the shelf for immediate despatch. Suppose you cant blame them if they are still happy to produce them when they have deffo orders. Sadly its a sign of the times I suppose. Companies not willing to produce items out of fear they end up out of pocket but surely the demand for Capri Janspeeds is still very healthy....although alot of you guys John, Steve, Neil, Mark and yourself already have them fitted to your V6's so if many others like you do too and sadly with fewer Capris on the road maybe they think demmand is drying up ??

On another note did Janspeed ever make a single Pinto system ?? I dont recall this ? I would have been interested in one of these but not top of the list. I like Dannys system which looks very nice indeed !

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby andyd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi Andy,

Yep I have been reading this with interest too both hete and CW. Sounds like Janspeed just dont want to make 2.8 systems to have them on the shelf for immediate despatch. Suppose you cant blame them if they are still happy to produce them when they have deffo orders. Sadly its a sign of the times I suppose. Companies not willing to produce items out of fear they end up out of pocket but surely the demand for Capri Janspeeds is still very healthy....although alot of you guys John, Steve, Neil, Mark and yourself already have them fitted to your V6's so if many others like you do too and sadly with fewer Capris on the road maybe they think demmand is drying up ??

On another note did Janspeed ever make a single Pinto system ?? I dont recall this ? I would have been interested in one of these but not top of the list. I like Dannys system which looks very nice indeed !

All the best mate

Nick

Hi Nick,
As you say, once you have one in theory you won't need another....
I would appear many people still want them though, and personally I would get one soon and keep it in the garage until needed :)

Don't recall a Pinto system either :?

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby D366Y » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:17 pm

andyd wrote:Don't recall a Pinto system either :?


I called Janspeed to ask if they could make them and said that they would only do it for orders of five or more, whether they realised I meant a pinto manifold or not I don't know! I'm still waiting for them to call me back with a price though :roll:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11830
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:59 pm

andyd wrote: and personally I would get one soon and keep it in the garage until needed :)

Sounds like a great plan! :D

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Jasonmarie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:02 pm

D366Y wrote:
andyd wrote:Don't recall a Pinto system either :?


I called Janspeed to ask if they could make them and said that they would only do it for orders of five or more, whether they realised I meant a pinto manifold or not I don't know! I'm still waiting for them to call me back with a price though :roll:



Jumping in With the word Pinto ...... so not 2.8i but hey may make a manifold and exhaust for a pinto ? In stainless steel ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby andyd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: and personally I would get one soon and keep it in the garage until needed :)

Sounds like a great plan! :D

Andrew.

At £550 that's not bad for a twin pipe system....My Longlife Custom CRX single system was £390 (albeit fitted).

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby D366Y » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
D366Y wrote:
andyd wrote:Don't recall a Pinto system either :?


I called Janspeed to ask if they could make them and said that they would only do it for orders of five or more, whether they realised I meant a pinto manifold or not I don't know! I'm still waiting for them to call me back with a price though :roll:



Jumping in With the word Pinto ...... so not 2.8i but hey may make a manifold and exhaust for a pinto ? In stainless steel ?


Well - they said maybe they would, would need a minimum of five orders though and never came back to me with a price, and when I mentioned it on here no-one responded saying they would be interested so I didn't bother following them up :lol:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Jasonmarie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:24 pm

I must have missed that one Dan only remember the Dagenham one ....
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11830
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:On another note did Janspeed ever make a single Pinto system ?? I dont recall this ?

I guess they must have in the past:

http://www.burtonpower.com/janspeed-sta ... ss639.html

Part number (exhaust) SS639 (manifold) EM321. I imagine the manifold was mild steel, the same material as the 2.8 item.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby D366Y » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 am

Jasonmarie wrote:I must have missed that one Dan only remember the Dagenham one ....


Was a while back, don't worry about it, would still have needed three more people and wouldn't have been cheap!

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby andyd » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: and personally I would get one soon and keep it in the garage until needed :)

Sounds like a great plan! :D

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,
Out of interest, does your car have Sportex manifolds/downpipes or the standard cast iron and kidney boxes like mine?

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11830
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 pm

andyd wrote:Out of interest, does your car have Sportex manifolds/downpipes or the standard cast iron and kidney boxes like mine?

Hi Andy,
I have the Sportex manifolds. If I bought a Janspeed exhaust, I would have to buy their manifold as well.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Janspeed Exhausts

Postby andyd » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Out of interest, does your car have Sportex manifolds/downpipes or the standard cast iron and kidney boxes like mine?

Hi Andy,
I have the Sportex manifolds. If I bought a Janspeed exhaust, I would have to buy their manifold as well.

Andrew.

Not neccesarily.
My Black 2.8 had Sportex downpipes and the chap at Powerflow managed to fit them to the Janspeed system with some of thier stainless pipe.

If you were doing it at home then probably easier to get the right manifolds rather than sleeve fit your existing downpipe, but it's still possible.

Looking on Ebay, Roadrunner no longer do the manifolds either.....I think there has been a fall out between them and Janspeed :?