Garage prep for B112

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Garage prep for B112

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

So in preparation for the return of B112 from Tickover later today I had a good clean up of the garage this week as the dreaded clutter of unnecessary crap had built up. Was very rewarding getting it all cleaned up and ready for the Laser. Once the clutter had been cleared I had more space to put the good stuff back tidy ! The floor is now pretty much set for painting but as I was up in West Yorkshire visiting my parents too this week did not have the time. Might get it done in the next week or so before the frost kicks in making it too cold to paint. So for now the floor has had a bleedin good scrub with a hard brush and I have laid out some unwanted rugs, carpet on the floor. Am fitting a Garage Defender to it soon too !

So anyway a few pics of the garage both before and after...

Image20181008_143040_001 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image2018-10-12_02-27-56 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20181011_183748 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20181011_183731 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20181011_185027 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20181011_185036 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20181011_185009 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20181011_184959 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

So as said was great to get it cleaned out while B112 was away. Shuold look better with the floor painted.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Garage prep for B112

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nice job Nick!
It must have taken a while as it was daylight when you started the job and dark by the time you finished it..... :)

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Nice and tidy and clean in there Nick :) Quite long garages those aren't they, just how long is it?
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Good job Nick.....I saw pics on FB last night.

Those garage defenders are great too :D

Our garage is the opposise, very wide so room at the sides :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

pbar wrote:Nice and tidy and clean in there Nick :) Quite long garages those aren't they, just how long is it?
Thanks Paul. Was great to de-clutter mate. Lots more room and I know where things are now.

Paul for en-bloc garages mine is a a very good size. The bloc opposite mine are smaller so I am lucky. Mine faces South too so in the Winter it gets any Sun and keeps damp away.

Dimensions are 5.3 x 2.7m It tapers up to a good height at the back too. Going to fit a Garage Defender security to it hopefully next week.

Thanks for asking mate. All the best :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Shuold look better with the floor painted.
It will be interesting to see how you get on with the floor paint. I would recommend cutting some squares of carpet to have under the tyres when the car is parked. If you don't, you may find that you will have to leave the car outside the garage for quite a while to ensure that the tyres cool down properly. Parking warm tyres on a painted garage floor can result in them peeling away the paint when you next move the car.

Andrew.
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

:agree: im sure he wouldn't want to get his tyres dirty :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Shuold look better with the floor painted.
It will be interesting to see how you get on with the floor paint. I would recommend cutting some squares of carpet to have under the tyres when the car is parked. If you don't, you may find that you will have to leave the car outside the garage for quite a while to ensure that the tyres cool down properly. Parking warm tyres on a painted garage floor can result in them peeling away the paint when you next move the car.

Andrew.
That’s very interesting as I was talking with nick as my dad keeps on saying he wants to paint the garage floor and somebody mention to nick the paint comes of with the tyres . So it’s the heat “ who would have thought that “
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Paint on a floor will always wear. If you go to any garage or workshop or industrial unit which has painted floors, you will always see parts where it has worn away or been scraped or faded.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: So it’s the heat “ who would have thought that “
The heat can be a contributing factor to the paint coming off on the tyres. Parking in the same spot for a long time will also do it. When I did mine, I waited two weeks for the paint to fully harden before putting the cars back in the garage and the paint still peeled off on the tyres. :banghead:
If a longer time is taken to prep the floor prior to painting, the end result will be more durable. Perhaps clean the floor first with an acid etch cleaner and then use a primer. Of course, all this takes time that we don't have, so I thought it would be a better option just to repaint the floor every few years.

Andrew.