Tickover Day Part two....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Tickover Day Part two....

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: just rung me to say he got home ok and the car was sweet as a Nut .
Tickover done a super job . :beer:
That's great news, it's great to hear that Nick is happy with the work that's been done. I expect he's even happier that he missed the rain!
Hopefully we'll get to see some new photos of B112 tucked up safely in the garage.....and some of the newly refurbished parts too! :)

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Between me and you I think he’s sleeping in the garage tonight with B112 , funny thing is and it’s called the Tickover Dust what’s all over the car so a nice wash for B112 is being done I guess .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: it’s called the Tickover Dust what’s all over the car
Did he have to pay extra for that or do they throw it in for free? :)

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tickover Dust what’s all over the car so a nice wash for B112 is being done I guess .
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Did he have to pay extra for that or do they throw it in for free? :)
:lol: Have a guess what I am doing now....it includes that 'wet' stuff called water. Am trying to keep underneath dry :wave:

Andrew, Tickover are very reasonable. They dont charge for DD ( Dartford Dust ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote: Tickover Dust what’s all over the car so a nice wash for B112 is being done I guess .
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Did he have to pay extra for that or do they throw it in for free? :)
:lol: Have a guess what I am doing now....it includes that 'wet' stuff called water. Am trying to keep underneath dry :wave:

Andrew, Tickover are very reasonable. They dont charge for DD ( Dartford Dust ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is where a detail spray and microfibre cloths come in to play :wave:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Nick,

Been getting your up dates on the Moby, nice one. Time I logged back on though. Your car is looking great underneath now also Nick, so do I now have to wash up to get underneath her as I do to look at the engine??? :xd: :xd: :xd: Great Work fella.

Looking at Jason's pics and I must say Tickover have seriously cleaned their yard up!!!! Mate last time I was there you could not get close to where your car is parked for old wrecks and Nails in the ground etc!!! Hows the Pot Holes on the bend as you drive through the gates??? I bet you drove out of there will GREAT CARE if it's still the same as it used to be, imagine the crap bouncing off the underside!!!??? I might have to nip over tomorrow (Sun) for a look if your about??? Cheers Nick, all the best,

John...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Taff50ish wrote:Hi Nick,

Been getting your up dates on the Moby, nice one. Time I logged back on though. Your car is looking great underneath now also Nick, so do I now have to wash up to get underneath her as I do to look at the engine??? :xd: :xd: :xd: Great Work fella.

Looking at Jason's pics and I must say Tickover have seriously cleaned their yard up!!!! Mate last time I was there you could not get close to where your car is parked for old wrecks and Nails in the ground etc!!! Hows the Pot Holes on the bend as you drive through the gates??? I bet you drove out of there will GREAT CARE if it's still the same as it used to be, imagine the crap bouncing off the underside!!!??? I might have to nip over tomorrow (Sun) for a look if your about??? Cheers Nick, all the best,

John...

Hey John... :welcome: to the forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your kind words fella. B112 has had a lot done since The Ace mate. Great to have peace of mind the drive train has finally been sorted. You know that I was worried for a while about the prop/diff so its superb they have been refurbished as has the gearbox too. Clive said the gearbox was in good condition so real relieved by this too. He was not concerned at the tappets/wear so another big relief. All things that are out of sight but not out of mind so a big tick off my to do list !! AND they look great too John. Prop is like new and rear axle looks great too !! Yep Tickover is still a bit of an obstacle course John. Jason followed he out in his bus and could see me crawking out trying to decide to go left or right of the potholes. Hopefully this track will be sorted before it gets any worse but sooooo worth the pot holes dodgems as Gus and Clive do a cracking job ! Jason was there for his mot week before me and said they had a big clearout in their yard.

John I am about tomorro afternoon but its pissing down the whole day....heavy rain !!! But still be great to see you. If you are out and about give me a bell or text and pop over. As said be great to see you but after cleaning up B112 today not planning on bringing her out in the rain !!! :shock: :lol: I have cleared the garage though so bring your slippers....and gloves :wave: as ge great to show you what I have had done :)

Cheers John

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...