What....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

What....

Post by andyd »

a fantastic, unbelievable, gifted, talented bunch of :wank:ers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGfLtBj-s30

Each to their own I suppose, and admittedly many of the cars have modern running gear, but it's still not right to me! :?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: What....

Post by Jasonmarie »

I witness this first hand at this years Capri club international when a very young , good looking bloke drove in and just wheeled spun his Capri with mud going everywhere , just no need to do this type of thing .... ....... .....

:whistle: over to Andrew :whistle:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I just think they're a load of dickheads. Just not my idea of fun and I can't afford to keep buying tyres and don't want to spend hours getting moulton rubber off my paintwork.

I know I'm a grumpy old man but each to their own.
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

I'm donning my flameproof suit when I say this but at least they are out there being given a bit of stick rather than being stared at in the garage wrapped in bubble wrap like most are
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:I just think they're a load of dickheads. Just not my idea of fun and I can't afford to keep buying tyres and don't want to spend hours getting moulton rubber off my paintwork.

:cheers: :wave:
fordperv wrote:I'm donning my flameproof suit when I say this but at least they are out there being given a bit of stick rather than being stared at in the garage wrapped in bubble wrap like most are
I think there is somewhere in the middle of storing them and this :D

Sadly, this will go wrong sometime/somewhere and these events will not be held anymore :(
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Sadly, this will go wrong sometime/somewhere and these events will not be held anymore :(
It very nearly did on a few of those clips, especially #1.

I sort of understand why young men in their nice cars feel the need to show off in front of a crowd, but these sorts of exits from car shows annoy the local residents and then the number of complaints to the Police increase. That results in an increase of Police presence at the event, and the next thing you know, it's too much bother for the organisers to continue holding the event. A great event is then lost forever. Exactly what happened to Queen Square........

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Sadly, this will go wrong sometime/somewhere and these events will not be held anymore :(
It very nearly did on a few of those clips, especially #1.

I sort of understand why young men in their nice cars feel the need to show off in front of a crowd, but these sorts of exits from car shows annoy the local residents and then the number of complaints to the Police increase. That results in an increase of Police presence at the event, and the next thing you know, it's too much bother for the organisers to continue holding the event. A great event is then lost forever. Exactly what happened to Queen Square........

Andrew.
Police were at Haynes in July along with a 'please leave responsibly' sign, after previous months exploits.
Nothing like that there in August, but still some idiots :doh:
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

andyd wrote:
Paul G wrote:I just think they're a load of dickheads. Just not my idea of fun and I can't afford to keep buying tyres and don't want to spend hours getting moulton rubber off my paintwork.

fordperv wrote:I'm donning my flameproof suit when I say this but at least they are out there being given a bit of stick rather than being stared at in the garage wrapped in bubble wrap like most are

Sadly, this will go wrong sometime/somewhere and these events will not be held anymore :(
Yeah I agree there, the thing is I reckon they are only show boating for the camera anyway
andyd

Post by andyd »

fordperv wrote:
andyd wrote:

Yeah I agree there, the thing is I reckon they are only show boating for the camera anyway
Not worth shredding your tyres for, and risking a fine and/or points on your licence imo :headscratch:
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

This sort of thing is nothing new..... it's been going on for decades.
As a lad in the 80s, we all used to leave the Doncaster Custom Show slightly earlier on the Sunday in order for the show cars to put on a show on the road outside Doncaster race course.
We'd stand by the pedestrian crossing pressing the button to stop the traffic and give them an excuse to stop.
I wouldn't waste my tyres or run the risk of damaging my car nowadays though.....let alone pissing off the boys in blue/local residents.
Look up the fails on YouTube of cars leaving shows..
Some make themselves look such bell ends, especially in maga buck super cars :wank:
andyd

Post by andyd »

timfromull wrote:This sort of thing is nothing new..... it's been going on for decades.
As a lad in the 80s, we all used to leave the Doncaster Custom Show slightly earlier on the Sunday in order for the show cars to put on a show on the road outside Doncaster race course.
We'd stand by the pedestrian crossing pressing the button to stop the traffic and give them an excuse to stop.
I wouldn't waste my tyres or run the risk of damaging my car nowadays though.....let alone pissing off the boys in blue/local residents.
Look up the fails on YouTube of cars leaving shows..
Some make themselves look such bell ends, especially in maga buck super cars :wank:
We've all done things like it in the past, but when you get to a certain age it really doesn't appeal anymore and pees you off.....

These are old cars now regardless of modifications, and to me it's like watching an old person getting :twak: :?

I don't like watching footage of fails and poor driving, as it unnerves me even more about what I'm sharing the road with :doh:
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Here was me thinking tools were useful! The only exit these idiots want is from about 38000 feet without a parachute.
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

A lot of them are Ryka's cafe, Jolly Farmer pub, and Box Hill (I think) near me. I'd worry too much about damaging something, or just the amount of £ I'm burning away on tyres. A spirited exit from a meet is ok ime, if done safely, but a lot of these don't look that safe, and are a bit excessive. That amount of tyre smoke is a bit antisocial too.
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
andyd

Post by andyd »

-JC- wrote:A lot of them are Ryka's cafe, Jolly Farmer pub, and Box Hill (I think) near me. I'd worry too much about damaging something, or just the amount of £ I'm burning away on tyres. A spirited exit from a meet is ok ime, if done safely, but a lot of these don't look that safe, and are a bit excessive. That amount of tyre smoke is a bit antisocial too.
It comes across the owners don't care about their cars, but that's probably not the case at all....

Exiting up to the speed limit is fine, and if your car or bike can do it in 2 seconds then fair play, but rolling burnouts etc are just :bullshit: imo :!:
-JC-
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

andyd wrote:It comes across the owners don't care about their cars, but that's probably not the case at all....
I'm sure it can't be. They care enough to get it looking "good" (subjective depending on tastes, but usually they've put effort into it one way or the other), and running well, as well as taking it to a meet with other like minded individuals. Probably just they they've either: got the money to replace anything that breaks / they're confident it's been well engineered to handle it / they care more about showing off than the damage they're doing.
andyd

Post by andyd »

-JC- wrote:
andyd wrote:It comes across the owners don't care about their cars, but that's probably not the case at all....
I'm sure it can't be. They care enough to get it looking "good" (subjective depending on tastes, but usually they've put effort into it one way or the other), and running well, as well as taking it to a meet with other like minded individuals. Probably just they they've either: got the money to replace anything that breaks / they're confident it's been well engineered to handle it / they care more about showing off than the damage they're doing.
They just like buying new tyres I think :)
-JC-
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Maybe it's a conspiracy dreamt up by tyre shops. "psst, cool guys do the longest burnouts"
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

-JC- wrote: Probably just they they've either: got the money to replace anything that breaks / they're confident it's been well engineered to handle it / they care more about showing off than the damage they're doing.
:agree: Some young lads feel the need to show off in front of a crowd.
I suppose we were all young once (a long time ago in my case...) and we've probably all made a fool of ourselves in public at one time or another, although not necessarily in a car. I suppose all it needs to kerb this sort of behaviour is one copper stood at the exit of shows, but obviously Police forces don't have the budget available for that.

Andrew.
-JC-
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: :agree: Some young lads feel the need to show off in front of a crowd.
I suppose we were all young once (a long time ago in my case...) and we've probably all made a fool of ourselves in public at one time or another, although not necessarily in a car. I suppose all it needs to kerb this sort of behaviour is one copper stood at the exit of shows, but obviously Police forces don't have the budget available for that.

Andrew.
I know that police forces do that quite regularly in Oz and the US. I'm quite glad that we're a bit less of a police state than those places though really.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Not worth shredding your tyres for, and risking a fine and/or points on your licence imo
:agree: As you could probably tell from my leisurely getaway on Sunday! :D

Andrew.