Tickover Day Again....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Tickover Day Again....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps

Yep, got B112 booked in with the excellent Gus and Clive again this time to drop out the prop and rear axle to be completely refurbished. The prop had been playng up a tad recently so want to get it properly refurbished. I also had plans to get the rear axle refurbished too so might as well get them done together ! This is stage one of "project underside resto" I want to get the whole underside all refurbished so will do it section by section starting from back to front and as and when I save up the money to get it each stage done. Thing is when its all done I fear I will be spending just as much time cleaning underneath as I do above :shock: :wave: :lol:

Mon 8th Oct is Tickover Prop/Axle day..... :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Tickover Day Again....

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Sounds great! What better place to take your car than Tickover? The chaps are sure to do a grand job.
You'll have your own reserved parking space down there before too long.... :D

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

They will make B112 all better , as I said nick will check nearer the date as I could pick you up and take you to the best train station as one goes to London Bridge or you might want victory station have a check mate . Also when you pick up I could pick you up mate .

Mines in for mot on the 2nd October so we almost booked our cars in the same time again .

Was going to say lastnight in a text that if your worried about the prop that much driving and if your in the AA or RAC they will relay your car to Tickover for you , it does depend what policy you have .

Catch up later
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Sounds great! What better place to take your car than Tickover? The chaps are sure to do a grand job.
You'll have your own reserved parking space down there before too long.... :D
Thanks Andrew, tbh mate I have been meaning to get the prop/axle done for a while now but just wanted to get the car set up first as I want re the suspension and stance. Now I am very happy with that and also the engine bay I can finally turn my attention to the underside. Was toying with whether to start from front to back but as the prop has been making a noise and not sure when the rear axle last had a check I might as well start from back to front. Tickover will have B112 for the week as want to get them to paint the axle too. Very exciting. They are great chaps and really know there stuff and have an great workshop with Capri's everywhere !!

But having said all this there is still lots to be keeping me busy !!! Might make a start today tidying up the spare wheel area today in prep for my 'project transparent ;)

All the best Andrew

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:They will make B112 all better , as I said nick will check nearer the date as I could pick you up and take you to the best train station as one goes to London Bridge or you might want victory station have a check mate . Also when you pick up I could pick you up mate .

Mines in for mot on the 2nd October so we almost booked our cars in the same time again .

Was going to say lastnight in a text that if your worried about the prop that much driving and if your in the AA or RAC they will relay your car to Tickover for you , it does depend what policy you have .

Catch up later
Hey Jasons,

Wow ! Thanks very much for the amazing offer of getting me to and from the station when i drop off and pick up from Tickover. Very good of you indeed mate but only if you can mate. Dont put yourself out for me J.

Yep, Clive and Gus really do know their stuff dont they and are very helpful and friendly too as I now know for myself after the superb suspension work they done on mine. Glad I rang them yest to book it in as they are completely booked up till end of Sept so the week I am off work in Oct I was able to book. Very exciting :)

Reckon should be ok to drive to them mate as its onlyba 45min drive and it was ok driving back from The Ace so will just take it easy but yep I have RAC Relay so thanks for the advice.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your rest down in Dorset mate. Weather looks great !! Always nice to get away but I bet you are missing your Laser :lol:

All the best and thanks very much once again for the offer of helping me out mate. Very much aporeciated.

All the best :)

Nick
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Good luck with this Nick, best get some mirrors soon to show off underneath. Does halfords sell axle wax ?? :wave:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Rob your right think nick will be doing the ramps and mirrors under the car , yes I do sometimes think I should bring the Capri on holiday with me but I would be to worried where to park . I think everybody is having a holiday down here it’s very busy . I am just down here with the wife and my daughter as my eledest is waiting for exams results and my other son is in a holiday retreat for a few weeks . So I am having reading time as they do girl things .
Yes October is a few months away , your be driving around all over winter now nick when it’s done . She’s really getting looked after this year with new boots and springs .

( just looked on line of ordering johns sound system it’s funny how much we can spend on these cars )
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: