Now I have heard it all....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Now I have heard it all....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Whenever I tell people (especially at work) I have a Capri I have got used to always being asked "Is it a 2 8 ?" as if this is the only Capri Ford actually ever made :lol:

But yesterday I got a slighty different response. A guy at work heard me talking about The Ace Capri Day and asked if I had a Capri. Told him that I did only for him to say..."Is it a Tickford ?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Now I have heard it all....

Post by Jasonmarie »

It is funny when they say that , I am always polite and say no it’s just a 2.0 . But in the day it was capris like Toms we all remember and everybody drove .
Like when people spell laser ........Lazer

Was a good day at the ace as I have been chatting non stop to family and anybody who walks past the house about it , marie said I need to get out more “ take that more Capri journeys . :heart:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Is it an injection?..........followed by " my mate used to carry a bag of cement/sand/paving slab in the boot"......... :doh: fucking yaaaaaaaawwwn :deadhorse:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: I am always polite and say no it’s just a 2.0 .
Hi Jason,
It's not just a 2.0. In my opinion, the 2 litre is as good as a 2.8, or any other Capri.... :D

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Just had the exact opposite today. Dropped in on a friend, who came out to see who'd parked a motorbike on his drive :D .
Side on, with word 'injection' clearly showing, he asks 'is it a 2.0S like you used to have?' & 'why hasn't it got fishnet headrests?'
His wife comes out next, relief over her face, as she thought her daughter had come home with her exhaust hanging off.
Some people just don't get it do they :doh:
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

If I ever hear that I need a bag of cement in the boot I’ll bury them in one! :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes your right andrew , I don’t think you can win with people sometimes Rob 2.0s or 3.0s would love to here somebody say is that a 1.3l also somebody did say that in the car park at south minns about the concrete in the boot ....
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Yeah the bag of cement comments really get tiresome, the car handles fine without it, infact I'd be willing to bet a bag of cement would make it handle worse due to the pendulum effect.
The one I ALWAYS hear without fault is "you don't see many of these anymore" or "I used to have a 3 litre in my day" or, usually if the person is of a certain Irish sounding dialect I usually hear "how much do you want for it" to which I usually say "you can't afford it".

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

I prefer the Brookford than the Ticklands :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote:I prefer the Brookford than the Ticklands :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

I have heard the "my mate had one of them 2.8 lasers" I have only had a handful of people approach or tell me stories of them having a 4 cylinder car way back when.

one when i was out and about was an old boy who was over 70 approached me telling me that he had a white c reg 1.6 laser from new that he used to go everywhere with his late wife in and he had to sell it due to his ill health so he couldnt drive it any more, he was all gooey eyed looking at mine, because he was a nice chap I told him feel free to have a sit in, when he did and got out he had a lump in his throat and a tear in his eye thanking me for bringing back happy memories of his wife
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Aww how sweet. Just goes to show how emotional a car can make you and the connections they can make in our lives.
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

Arya2.0S wrote:Aww how sweet. Just goes to show how emotional a car can make you and the connections they can make in our lives.
My 1st trip in a Capri is a strong memory for me. It wass 1978 and our next door neighbour bought an ex Demo, yellow 2.0GL Mk2 Capri and was proudly wiping it down on the Sarurday he got it. The sheer look of envy on my Dads face was there for all to see! He took us out in it and I will never forget seeing him sat right back in his seat with arms at full stretch - he must've felt like the king of the road! We only had a Hillman Hunter but soon after my Dad sold that and bought an Audi Coupe 100s in maroon.