Opps !!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Opps !!

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Told Mrs Fordoholic Nick I was bringing the bins down to the bin shed tonight at 9pm....did not return till 10.15pm on a round trip that usually takes 4mins !!! :oops:

I decided to pop into the garage for 5mins then ended up giving B112 a bit of a post Ace clean down :lol: :lol: :lol:

On my return to the flat and just before Mrs F was gonna have a go I told her I had just seen an owl as I walked back...which was totally true and saved my bacon !!!! First time I seen an Owl in the wild. Stunning it was and I was almost right beside it before it flew off :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Opps !!

Post by Jasonmarie »

Your getting like me Nick ,” just be two mins dear wife “ and 2 hours later make a return .

Was it a barn owl you saw , it was only when we moved in to a village that I got to see barn owls in the wild large birds really and they can make a right old noise at night . Lovely thing to see .

There must be a Capri god looking after us to come up with a excuse for being so long
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:Your getting like me Nick ,” just be two mins dear wife “ and 2 hours later make a return
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I must admit I was thinking of you Jason as I made my way back up to the flat 1hr 10mins late !! :wave:
Jasonmarie wrote:Was it a barn owl you saw
Not sure mate. It was brown and about the size of a small cat. It was just perched on top of the railings beside a little spring that runs through our grounds. It was dark as i walked back and was sure i could see 'something' in the distance on top of the railings than when i got very close i seen it was an owl. It turned its head, looked at me than with a couple of big flaps it was off. Bleedin amazing to see Jason. I was well made up :)

You are right about the noise as Siobhan says she is always hearing them in the trees outside at night. Her hearing is better than mine. I love seeing wildlife like this in London :D

Cheers Jason :wave:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

You wouldn't love it so much if it crapped on your bonnet. :lol: :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote:You wouldn't love it so much if it crapped on your bonnet. :lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Didn't think of this Paul...now where is that fucking owl !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That is so funny about a owl crapping on the car .
Small secret when I did my mad leave the car on the drive when it was raining I kept checking to see if any birds had left me a message .
Know it is nice seeing wildlife we have had these green parrot type birds move in that make a strange noise .
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Bloody Owls, had a pair of them in the woods at the bottom of my garden making a right din last night, kept me awake for at least half an hour. :swear: :woot:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote:Bloody Owls, had a pair of them in the woods at the bottom of my garden making a right din last night, kept me awake for at least half an hour. :swear: :woot:
Are you sure it was owls you heard in the woods at the bottom of your garden Paul ? I have heard of another form of wildlife that can be a nuisance too...something called "dogging" ? :wave: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, back to the topic in question. What a stunning animal the Owl is. Amazingly beautiful :) Although maybe I should not have parked my car underneath it :shock: :shock: :shock:

Image2018-08-08_09-01-18 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20180804_150954 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That picture of the owl looks “ ACE “ nick .

:D
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:That picture of the owl looks “ ACE “ nick .

:D
Jason I am OWLING with laughter :lol: :lol: :lol: