Bird poop: What a load of s#*t!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Bird poop: What a load of s#*t!

Postby Arya2.0S » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:41 pm

So I've been slacking off on keeping my car clean lately, and a few birds had left their marks.
When I finally cleaned the car yesterday, to my horror I found that they had left marks in the lacquer. Most were so bad I actually had to rub the spots down with wet and dry and buff them out with rubbing compounds and a mop!
I seem to vaguely remember people discussing the best waxes and stuff to use to help protect against this problem but I can't find the thread.
I seem to remember Autoglym being mentioned a lot, but doing a search on Amazon there seems to be tons of different ones and I want to make sure I get the best one as they're not cheap.
Which one would you guys recommend?
I was thinking of this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-Rapid ... ref=plSrch

andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Re: Bird poop: What a load of s#*t!

Postby andyd » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Bird crap is a nightmare if left too long on paintwork :doh:

My son uses a Ceramic Wax, will find out which one.

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:49 pm

I can highly recommend Autoglym High Definition Wax. It's reasonably cheap at Carparts4less (Eurocarparts) at the moment.
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/ ... C7EALw_wcB
As you have found out, bird deposits should be washed off immediately. I always keep some cleaning stuff and some cloths in the car so I can wipe it off straight away if I am away from the house.

Andrew.

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver

Postby Jasonmarie » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Yes I agree with all on here with autoglym the rapid wax can only be used when the paintwork is wet as I use with the final rinse and then spray on and towel . Afterwards I use atoglym super rasin polish then wax . You can buy bird wipes from autoglym
Autoglym Bird Dropping Wipes, x10 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0028HCGFA/ ... oBbTW6JE0Z

But as you say a little water on the area and use the rapid wax . Have to watch out for seeds in the poo as they can scratch really bad so wet down as must as you can so not to mark the paint work .

I can say I have used autoglym for 30 odd years now and have never had a problem with bird poo .

One thing I will share ( sun cream lotion ) now that does mark the paint work as years ago my oldest son put his hand on our car and it stayed on the car for years . As it almost burns the paint to a white mark .

Andrew that’s a good price for the wax amazon it’s over £40 I think . Nice find mate .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.

Postby Paul G » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:51 am

With bird turds I just put a wet sponge on them until they are loosened off the bodywork. Then I just finally wash and dry off the area followed by a coat of auto - glym.

I don't keep rubbing at them because as Jason says the little seeds in them can scratch the paint.

andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Postby andyd » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:47 pm

andyd wrote:
My son uses a Ceramic Wax, will find out which one.

This is the one he uses http://www.jayswax.co.uk/product/jayswa ... t/#reviews

Also available on ebay and the cheapest on there atm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jayswax-Sio2 ... SwtG9bBIiK

:goodluck:

timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Postby timfromull » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:58 pm

A bird crapped on my bonnet once..............
That was the end of that relationship.... :whistle:

Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Postby Arya2.0S » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:57 pm

timfromull wrote:A bird crapped on my bonnet once..............
That was the end of that relationship.... :whistle:

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for all the suggestions. Think I'll go with the Autoglym spray on wax as can't afford to burn £40 on the posh stuff right now.

Return to “Rant and Rave”