That late evening/ night drive

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: That late evening/ night drive

Post by Jasonmarie »

So we had another run out lastnight as the heat is just to much , even down on the coast it was Hot . Parked up in a car park with the Capri yesterday and A lady had to have her picture with the car as it brought back so many memories of her late Dad that she started crying . Because of my legs I was sat on the wall not far from the car with my daughter and we just kept quite .

I use to drive the Capri when the weather was nice now you can take the car out anytime any day I am waiting for it to cool down .

Don’t capris look small in a parking space .

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Looks great Jason. Is that a photo of a scale model? It's so tiny parked next to those modern cars....

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Looks great Jason. Is that a photo of a scale model? It's so tiny parked next to those modern cars....

Andrew.
Out of shot, he's holding the remote controls ;)
That shows how those parking spaces were measured on the older cars. They're certainly tight for modern ones. Nice pic Jason.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Your right it does look like I had a model . The cars just look so big next to the Capri . I think because we all park up together you don’t notice but in a normal car park . Christ I bet a old mini would look small . :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Looks great Jason. Is that a photo of a scale model? It's so tiny parked next to those modern cars....

Andrew.
That shows how those parking spaces were measured on the older cars. They're certainly tight for modern ones. Nice pic Jason.
:agree:
Jason, you have bigger Cojones than me parking it there :shock:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I was watching and it’s my first time , but I parked over as my daughter could open the door and the car next to my side was very close I thought how the hell am I going to get in with my spine and legs , thank god they had a look around for 10mins then left so I got in the car quick or I think I would have been there all night .

Yes I need the door all the way open or my spine would fall apart , need to take a blow up car to park next to mine then all will be safe . Might have to go on dragons den with that one .
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

That's a great pic to show how fabulous that Capri looks, and how damn awful modern cars are, big bloated rounded off horrid things.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:That's a great pic to show how fabulous that Capri looks, and how damn awful modern cars are, big bloated rounded off horrid things.
:agree: Paul,
All modern cars have the same look with no character, due to all the safety devices they are full of :roll:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

You just don’t realise how small the Capri is and how big cars have become also I did notice is I can just put my arm over to the lock the passengers side but would never revanchist in the bus but then it locks it’s self .
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So I did it again , said to the wife just going to put something in the boot of the Capri for next weeks meet up at the Ace cafe .. ( nick will tell all after the meet up ) 4 hrs later I think all I better phone the wife and say I went out and also my daughter was with me .
Thank god for the I phone as she can track me , went down and see my grandad . Also saw two capris on the way home a.green Mk1 and a Mk3 blue Capri . Waved out and did the flash of the lights .

Going out next Saturday then holiday time ..... so should get this Saturday drive out my system ......

Few pictures

andyd

Post by andyd »

Looking good Jason :D
As I've said before, Mercury Grey is the dogs :cheers:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

I have been lucky enough to have had a drive in Jasons Laser when we met on "Tickover Day" few weeks back and it really is every bit as superb as it looks in the pics. I agree with Andy as in the flesh Mercury Grey is a stunning colour and Jasons paintwork is flawless on his...lucky sod :lol:

Jason glad you had a good run out to your Grandads mate. Seeing two Capris as well must have been the icing on the cake for you ! Thanks for loading that item into your boot mate. We shall keep the forum in suspense till after The Ace but I will say is Jason has been very generous indeed :D

Looks like I might be buying a few breakfasts as Neil also has been very generous too. Maybe I should bring a transit van instead of the Capri :lol:

Seriously though when i first joined this forum someone did say that its like a big family and everyone looks out for each other which has been so true over the years. Whenever i can help i will but when you are on the receiving end of lovely gestures i feel humbled that they want to help me :D

Anyway Jason once again glad you and your daughter had a nice drive. I get into trouble when i say I am going to put the bins out and come back 45mins later after popping in to see B112 , but I take my hat off to you sir for going out just to put something in the boot ( ;) ) then going for a 4 hour + round trip :applaud: :lol:

All the best mate and see you at South Mimms next Sat !

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: said to the wife just going to put something in the boot
:shock: Are you in the Mafia?....... :lol:

Your car looks superb, as ever, but what's with the striped lines on your photos?

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: but what's with the striped lines on your photos?
You had better be careful what you say Andrew or it might be you going into Jasons boot next :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

It does look like it has a strip line must be the way my phone camera caught the light in a strange way . Yes what is in the Boot ....... we could have a competition. ? Nick I do have a little laquer run on the front wings or if it’s not that a bubble of that really bad stuff capris get . John did have a look for me at the CCI .
Yes can not wait for next week . Don’t know if our photos will be as good as Andrews but we will all try our best ..