That late evening/ night drive

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

That late evening/ night drive

Post by Jasonmarie »

Just got back from the coast tonight with my daughter as we thought we would have a run out , was Great brought back many happy days years ago when me and Marie would always have the sunroof open and look at the stars . We stop at a roundabout where people were outside the pub and starting shouting OMG look there’s a Capri I have not seen one for years “ give it a burnout mate “ ( I did think Andrew there was no mud to help me perhaps they have heard ) but I just did my Miss dasiy bit and went slow .
But just had a great little drive . :beer:

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: That late evening/ night drive

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Jason,
That sounds like a wonderful drive in glorious summer weather. Your car looks superb, no wonder it attracted the attention of the drinkers outside the pub! 8-)
With all these drives to the coast, it wouldn't surprise me if you rack up the highest annual mileage on the forum again this year.... :)

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Jason.

That sounds like a great little drive you and your daughter had last night and you did it at the right time of the day when it was cooling down. Far too hot to have done this in the afternoon heat !! Glad you enjoyed it fella and as Andrew said no surprises it got all that attention en route. You have a stunning Laser Jason that I have been lucky enough to have had a drive in :)

The evenings are deffo the best time to go for a dtive and the coast always seems much more charming in the early evening...especially in such an iconic car such as our beloved Capri !!

I presume your Dad stayed at home to watch the Portugal game mate ?? :lol: :lol:

Anyway not long to The Ace. Am praying its not as hot as it is now as the cafe is like a bleeding greenhouse when its this hot during the day...but then again I dont want rain either...I'm a fussy old sod aint I !!!!

Anyway mate as said really glad you enjoyed your drive. Was better than mine....a double decker around north london :wave:

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

It great fun just going for a drive and the weather has been so kind , yes I think since last MOT Andrew I am have done 1250 Miles ,
Nick thank you for your kind words I also can not wait for the ace the the drive there will be good with all of us in a convoy . The old fella was sitting watching football with his Gin & Tonic , now I have not been on a bus for about 20 odd years but do they have Air Con now ? I take my hat of to you for driving in London as you must have a book full of story’s of idiots on the road .
I also left the Capri in the drive lastnight as it’s so warm will need a little wash as all them insets are everywhere . :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jason your Laser is a credit to you mate so deserves all the praise that it gets !!!

:lol: Me and your Dad will get on great mate. Cant wait to meet him...talk cars and Arsenal :woot:

Now.....about all this talk of buses having air con...who the dickens put this idea in your head mate :lol: Nope, the company deem it not necessary to recharge the air con for us drivers. They are :wank: and we are just numbers to them. Thankfully we don't get these very hot spells for too long so most of the time its fine but in this hot weather it gets bleedin hot for both us the drivers and the passengers too. I think its a disgrace that TfL don't tell these privat companies that run London buses to get their heads out of their arses and get air con working in ALL the buses. They have air con mate but the companies don't deem it financially visible/necessary to recharge the systems !!!!!!!

Now...the stories I can tell you....would still be here next week typing !!! But just a quick insight. More recently I seen a man lying dead on the floor being photographed by the gang who just stabbed him to death in a gang feud and sadly this is becoming far too often and close to home where I work. Sooooo many incidents now around Wood Green, Turnpike Lane, Edmonton all of which are on the route I drive :shock:

On a more funny side of things on Thurs I had to get out of my drivers cab and chuck about 40 schoolkids off the bus who were causing a mini riot ! Bleedin shits they were. Some drivers would not want the confrontation and let it go but I don't stand for that bollocks so told them all to fuck off to the amusement of the nice passengers who were having to put up with their disgraceful behaviour. NOT ON MY BUS !!!!!!

Then yesterday again had to get out of my cab on a very hot and packed bus as two grown women were fighting over getting their prams on the bus as I only have room for two if no wheelchair user needs it. Already had one pram on then at the busiest stop one more was getting on at the front which is fine but some selfish lady sneaked hers on the back doors and into the space so now the two were having a big row between themselves. Bleedin pathetic really as when our parents used buses they had no option but to fold their buggies ( which were much smaller and basic ) but these days the prams are so dam big, coupled with the arrogant attitudes some are just not prepared to fold. So anyway out I get and had to tell the lady who got on the back to get off but she was having none of it. Thus, this went on for 5/10mins which on a packed bus is a long time to be sitting at a stop, but I was having none of it and after refusing to do as I said she finally got the message and got of the bus again to he amusement of the other passengers who were giving me the thumbs up :lol: When other annoyed passengers then get involved it can get very funny indeed !!!! I can call the police on my red button but never do as don't want these stupid knobs to waste police time coming out to deal with them. Yep when actual fighting breaks out then yep I go Code Red and Police are usually on scene in mins !

Never a dull day on London Buses Jason :wave:

Mate I have incidents every single week but suppose it keeps things interesting !! The secret is not to back down !!! When I have situations where people just think they can take the piss out of me I just tell them I can sit all bleedin day and go nowhere and get paid for every single min of it. The more overtime dockets the more I get paid :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason I know what you mean about parking your Capri outside last night. I am in flats so would not gamble on leaving on the road more for prangs than anything else so every night this week after work I have been going down to open the garage door for half an hour to 'air' the Capri and garage. The wife thought I was bonkers until she came down with me last night at midnight and seen for herself why I do it :lol:

Cheers fella :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I can’t belive what you have to put up with mate , also I thought all modern buses had air con how wrong was I . I take my hat of to you mate as I use to drive the lorries in to London in my 20s and once got held up at London Bridge due to a bomb scare for 8hours and run out of driving time what caused a right mess and thought I can’t keep coming up here anymore I took a job in side the office .
Is the little cab bit safe so no one can get in ? Just thought if things got really bad you have somewhere to go .

Back to heat yes it’s far to hot I just gave my Capri a good wash again with the autoglym wax ( think I should have waited a little longer as it was hard to get of really and left lots os white powder on the car .

Think we need to win that lotto mate and have air con garage for the summer and heating for the winter . .

Don’t work to hard mate . :beer:

Also yes Dad can talk football and cars all day long
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote: I just gave my Capri a good wash again with the autoglym wax ( think I should have waited a little longer as it was hard to get of really and left lots os white powder on the car .
Hi Jason,

I presume you were waxing the car inside the garage mate ??? And the cars panels were nice and cool ??? Applying Autoglym in sunlight or onto hot or even warm car panels results in it becoming very difficult to wax off if left too long as it just turns to a hard, dry powder form rather than staying 'wax like' if this makes sense ? Very hot and humid conditions are not the best times to wax mate but if you do then the quicker you 'wax off' the better so it has no time to turn powder form so best to do very small sections at a time, which takes longer though but less chance of the results you got. If you were waxing your Capri whilst being inside the garage and the panels were cool then it could just be down to the extreme weather why you got powdery results ??Autoglm is top quality stuff so its most likely application/conditions issues. Hope you don't mind me saying mate. You prob already know this anyway fella :)

Jason when I go up to Mum and Dad in West Yorks I could easily see myself driving a bus around the lovely Yorkshire roads one day ! Arm out the window, looking at the horses and cows and sheep and tractors and hills and road lined stone walls ……………………………

All the best

Nick
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

At almost 49 years old I did do the chair in the drive and thought it should be ok to do out here now . . . . . .

Your right it’s to warm to wax you need a cool day with cloud . I was not even going to wash her but I started cleaning the wheels then just hit the car with the hose to just watch the beading of the water and get the bugs of the window and front .
Then thought let’s get the foam spray out and went full monty , towel down with some autoglym rapid wax spray in with the water .
Then had a cold Diet Coke in the chair and did the let’s just try a small amount of this autoglym wax on the side .

Yes your right to hot and the sun did hit the car at one point and I thought all I should have not got carried away .

Now see if we both lived nextdoor to each other you could have come out to me and said what the hell was you thinking man . Then had a 6 hour conversation of why I should have waited to now to wax the car .
I did laugh at one point taking the wax of the bonnet thinking Christ thank god I did not do a photo of the waxed bonnet as it’s to hot .

Yes the Yorkshire moors in the village bus , you would like pick up Mrs Smith on Tuesdays and Thursday take all the OAPs to bingo and the kids would say thank you and please , with the only gang taking pictures would be the WI naked calendar for the year mate . ( only about 150 miles apart but different worlds . ) :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:More recently I seen a man lying dead on the floor being photographed by the gang who just stabbed him to death in a gang feud
:shock: It sounds like you drove your bus through Compton or The Bronx by mistake.....
It's shocking what has become of this country.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Was just talking with my wife outside saying how bad things have got and it’s bad for nick to have to go threw it . As always we see on the news moped attacking oaps it’s all wrong , anyway nick , Marie said you should follow your dreams and go for Yorkshire mate ( I don’t know if they have eletricty yet also you might have to wear a flat cap )
Also out of it the boss said we might go down to family next week so might be going past Andys also we have got to pick something up in Dorset ( west bay ) then get down to Redruth before 3pm and my Mum & Dad are having the kids and pets so will get away from the rat race for a few days ( will hide the Capri keys from my dad )
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Great pics Jason,I have to agree the late evening is definitely the best time to go out. I don't like the heat one bit when its like this, becomes incredibly difficult though at least you can benefit from a window wound down if moving!

The trouble I have is that where I am in London, it's about 30 minutes drive to get to the edge of the place, where you can actually start moving at a decent rate and there are country lanes to put your foot down on. My hope is to move further out but that wouldn't be for a while yet. Also many places don't have garages these days!

Nick, I'm often travelling onthe buses (though the W7!) and had noticed the air con is often on the blink, not helped by folk leaving Windows open negating the cooling effect! Surely part of the contract should be that the system should be properly maintained although I rarely see a bus inspector these days so they probably never find out.
Now if anyone has ever fitted A.C. to a Capri....!!

And as for the stabbings I found the end of the road cordoned off this evening and looking at the news an 11 year old has been arrested for attempted murder...yes...11 year old...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

tejb1 wrote:
And as for the stabbings I found the end of the road cordoned off this evening and looking at the news an 11 year old has been arrested for attempted murder...yes...11 year old...
With this 'gang culture' and moped crime, London is getting well out of control (as are some other cities).
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

tejb1 wrote: I found the end of the road cordoned off this evening and looking at the news an 11 year old has been arrested for attempted murder...yes...11 year old...
Tom is this Fairbridge Road Holloway mate ? Heard a 14yr lad ran out of his home to help his Dad who was confronting some lads over an incident the day before. The poor lad was stabbed numerous times with a kitchen knife in front of his Dad ! A 14 and 15 yr old been arrested. An 11yr was also arrested but freed today. The 14yr old is fighting for his life.

Its got fucking ridiculous now. These school kids are walking around with knives and the scary thing is they use them !!

Hope the lad pulls through ok !

All the best Tom
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
tejb1 wrote: I found the end of the road cordoned off this evening and looking at the news an 11 year old has been arrested for attempted murder...yes...11 year old...
Tom is this Fairbridge Road Holloway mate ? Heard a 14yr lad ran out of his home to help his Dad who was confronting some lads over an incident the day before. The poor lad was stabbed numerous times with a kitchen knife in front of his Dad ! A 14 and 15 yr old been arrested. An 11yr was also arrested but freed today. The 14yr old is fighting for his life.

Its got fucking ridiculous now. These school kids are walking around with knives and the scary thing is they use them !!

All the best Tom
Yep all pretty f*cked up. Hopefully the victim pulls through as you say, it is very weird to have stuff like this happen on your doorstep.

In slightly happier news, went out this evening myself following the inspiration on this thread... definitely setting off at 8pm is the time to do it, dead quiet roads, quick blast up the A1 - A1M - A414 - A405 - M1 - A1, lovely!

Looking forward to seeing you and the others at Ace by the way, got an e-mail last week saying slot confirmed, hurrah!
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Is yours a 2.8 or a 3.0? Because burnouts in anything less are pretty much impossible without a wet road lol
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

tejb1 wrote:In slightly happier news, went out this evening myself following the inspiration on this thread... definitely setting off at 8pm is the time to do it, dead quiet roads, quick blast up the A1 - A1M - A414 - A405 - M1 - A1, lovely!

Looking forward to seeing you and the others at Ace by the way, got an e-mail last week saying slot confirmed, hurrah!
Nice one Tom. Yep it cooled down nicely by 8pm. Perfect time to go for a blast in your Capri. Glad you enjoyed it mate.

I tried to tinker with the Capri earlier today but gave up as was far too hot so came back indoors to watch the world cup footie !!!!

Great news re The Ace Tom ! Glad you got your place in car park confirmed. Another forum Capri !!! Look forward to seeing you too fella along with everyine else :)

Cheers Tom
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looks like we are going to have a great turn out at the Ace .

Watch football ? What’s that :D
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:

It's about time this government got more Police back on the streets, stiffer penalties for all offenses (whatever the age), and what's the Lord Mayor of London doing about it :wank:

Human Rights = The victims are screwed :? Bring back the birch and flog the scum in public.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So off down to Dorset then Cornwall tommorow morning and I said to the wife I will check the oil on the bus . 2 hours later and a good run around the block in the Capri ( why more like 38miles later ) I check the oil the new way on our bus ,You press a button inside.
Walk in ,,,,,,,,Yes in the bad books now for being to long . :sorry:

Will wave out to you when we join the M5 from the A303 Andy . Also I might try a mad dash over Dartmoor . Will drop kids of at school at 9am then M25 next M3 then might take the M27 or A303 it’s that Stonehenge bit I bet stuck on then drop down to bridport in Dorset pick up the A303 for Exter then might take the A30 to okhampton or Plymouth road for Redruth . And try and get there for 3pm .

Cruise control on 70mph with some War on drugs CD and I should do it .
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:So off down to Dorset then Cornwall tommorow morning and I said to the wife I will check the oil on the bus . 2 hours later and a good run around the block in the Capri ( why more like 38miles later ) I check the oil the new way on our bus ,You press a button inside.
Walk in ,,,,,,,,Yes in the bad books now for being to long . :sorry:
:lol: Nice one Jason....boys will be boys :applaud: :lol:

Glad the oil check went well ;) ;) :lol:

Jason I hope you and Marie have a great holiday mate. You got brilliant weather for it and a lovely part of the world you are going too. Lucky you !!!

Have a safe trip fella and please give my regards to Marie. See you at The Ace !!!

All the best mate

Nick