CRaP 2018? And update on me

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

CRaP 2018? And update on me

Post by dan the capri fan »

Hi everyone long time no speak I hope were all ok. Bit of an update on myself Im still working in the parts department of a Hyundai dealership in Birmingham, Ive still got my Capri which is still going ok touch wood. I own a White 1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 1.8 LX which Ive had for about a year and a half now, Its up for sale now because Ive gotten a bit bored with it and dont have the time for both my classics at the same time as well as I dont want to own 3 cars anymore mainly because of the expense of it. I just want the Capri as my one classic for the shows and weekends etc. I would like to put some more money into doing it up a bit which I can when the Sierra sells. If anyone's interested or knows someone whos after a tidy Sierra Sapphire let me know. I also own a 2008 Ford Fiesta mk6 1.6 Zetec S Celebration Edition in the bright Green colour they did them in with the chequered roof and with the extras they come with, Thats my daily driver which is nice and sporty and is quite nippy. My other hobby Ive recently started doing even though Ive had a massive interest in it for years is WW2 reenacting. Ive got all the uniform and most of the equipment etc, I portray the 2nd Battalion of the South Staffordshire Regiment who from 1941 were part of the 1st airlanding brigade attatched to the 1st Airborne Division. In 1943 they fought in Sicily and Italy and then in September 1944 they arrived in Arnhem in Gliders. They lost a lot of men at the battle, It was called the regiments "Waterloo" by Major R.H Cain VC who won his VC at the battle. He was 1 of 5 VC winners at arnhem to survive his action, 2 of which were men of the "south staffs". This is Major Cain's story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGr-iGYSQ7M I go to 1940's weekends in my uniform which are great fun they've got a really good atomosphere makes you very proud.

Anyway my main reason for posting this thread was to find out if our annual capri gathering "CRaP" is on this year in molesworth on the first weekend in July as Ive been going to this great event every year since joining the forum in 2012. If anyone could update me with whats happening about it I would appreciate it as Ive seen nothing advertised on here about it thanks.

Here's some pic's of my Capri, Sierra, Fiesta and me in my uniform with some famous faces at some of the 1940's weekends Ive attended so far this year. Enjoy :D

Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: CRaP 2018? And update on me

Post by Peter-S »

dan the capri fan wrote: Anyway my main reason for posting this thread was to find out if our annual capri gathering "CRaP" is on this year in molesworth on the first weekend in July as Ive been going to this great event every year since joining the forum in 2012. If anyone could update me with whats happening about it I would appreciate it as Ive seen nothing advertised on here about it thanks.

]
Hi Dan,
Good to hear from you again.
Yes, CRaP is on, see the events section, been posted up for a while now. Most of the gang will be there as usual.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: CRaP 2018? And update on me

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Dan,
It's great to read an update of what you've been up to.
The Sierra looks like a corker, good luck with the sale.
It's also good to see some of those war re-enactment photos. Next time you see Churchill, ask him about a discount on your car insurance renewal.......... :whistle: :D

Andrew.