Happy daddy’s day to all

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Happy daddy’s day to all

Post by Jasonmarie »

So it’s daddy day today and I was surprised by my 3 kids , dog & cat that they bought me these two .

The autoglym high definition wax and auto finesse glass cleaner

Have been always wanting to try the autoglym wax as I have loved the products they have . Now with little surprise I only wash my Capri once a year but might treat it to another full detailed wash before the ace cafe just so I can use my new wax .

I don’t know if any one else uses the full autoglym wash with the clay bar followed by super resin polish ?

Will post up results after, as normal .

Also happy daddy day to all you Capri daddy’s ........ :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Happy daddy’s day to all

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Jason,
What a great present!
I don't use the Autoglym wash, but I do annually use the clay bar, followed by resin polish and finally a coating of high definition wax. The paintwork feels silky smooth afterwards. I think dark coloured cars will respond especially well to the treatment, so yours should come up a treat. Looking forward to seeing some photos.
However, I'm not sure if the wax is any good at protecting against mud up the sides, so you'd better cut down on wheelspinning across wet fields.... :whistle: :D

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Nice one Jason :D
I got a big bar of Galaxy chocolate :D :guitar:

My son uses some Auto Finesse products for his mobile valeting.

I have Autoglym resin polish but hardly ever use it now, as after I use the car it gets a detail spray that contains carnuba wax, so it's well protected :D
Last edited by andyd on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes still laugh at myself for spinning on the mud as it’s one of my pet hates but what a entrance I made .

Yours look amazing and I knew you used the autoglym stuff but never new you had the wax , yes using the clay bar really makes the paint work so smooth I even use it on the glass and it’s amazing how many little chips you find .
Only tip on anybody wanting to clay there car is keep everything really wet and use detailing spray yes it’s about £8 for the autoglym detailing spray but it does a grand job . I only need to wash and do the full treatment once a year and just using the wax spray to remove the odd dust bits .

Funny as I now use all the same stuff as you but it works and does a good job . Andrew how many times do you clay and wax a year ? :beer:

Update
Great to here andy and enjoy that chocolate yes I use a carnuba detail spray as it just gets the dust of but keeps that wax shining .also how lucky are you to have a son who does detailing . :cool:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:
Update
Great to here andy and enjoy that chocolate yes I use a carnuba detail spray as it just gets the dust of but keeps that wax shining .also how lucky are you to have a son who does detailing . :cool:
:cheers: He doesn't do the XR :o I wont let him :lol: Although he did the wheels last autumn :)
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Jasonmarie wrote:So it’s daddy day today and I was surprised by my 3 kids , dog & cat that they bought me these two .

I'm very impressed that your dog & cat chipped in too. None of my pets ever did that.
Glad you enjoyed your day, kids have good taste :cheers:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I always do a little list for them on the fridge where the sweets are kept , also my daughter who is 11 has to take a book to school every Tuesday and I take her book out and swap it with a Capri club magazine ( the teachers think she’s in to cars ) :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote:I'm very impressed that your dog & cat chipped in too. None of my pets ever did that.
I'm going to get a dog if he'll buy me some Autoglym High Definition wax every year. That stuff is flipping expensive...... :)

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I was surprise but Iam sure my daughter got it on my wife’s Amazon’s account as she has one click buy on her iPad so easy to do . My wife will say soon do you know how much that wax was I can say no have not got a clue .

Everyman should have a dog and a cat . :beer: