No matter how carefull and protective of ur car !

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: No matter how carefull and protective of ur car !

Post by andyd »

Looks good Mel.
As you say always something to do sooner or later......Oh well you won't be taking it to RS Day tomorrow then!!
I can't make it either, but looking at the forecast maybe just as well :?
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Post by tazla »

Cheers andy.no mate its not ready.i want it back now ha.i usually go for an half hour blast most days.ive ordered loom tape as well as im doing a bit of messing with the wiring undert bonnet.and ive got new track control ends as i put new on but they rusted within 6 months.ive painted the new ones this time.they must paper thin the paint on em.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looking good I bet you go for a spin over Dartmoor I use to meet the wife there at the two bridges hotel many moons ago as she is from Cornwall and I helped out on a farm in stowford just up from lydford gorge . Would love to live down that way but it’s work & the kids now up here in the rat race .
I think my old Capri never got time to rot underneath with all that cow poo . Also had to polish the left hand side as I got in close to all the bushes on the roads as they are really tight .

The good old days .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Also had to polish the left hand side as I got in close to all the bushes on the roads as they are really tight .
I do about an extra mile each way in the XR rather than use the narrow quicker route, as it is a pain if you meet an oncoming car !
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I don’t blame you andy as they do drive around fast them lanes and the locals say bloody holiday makers .. don’t get over
they would laugh at me on the farm as I washed my Capri saying we don’t wash cars around here as they get dirty to quick ..
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:I don’t blame you andy as they do drive around fast them lanes and the locals say bloody holiday makers .. don’t get over
Either they can't reverse into the wider part of the road so I have to go back twice as far, or they don't want to get too close to the hedge!
Ummm, neither do I.....So move over a little more and we can both get through scratch free.

Even worse when they don't say thankyou for moving :swear:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:I don’t blame you andy as they do drive around fast them lanes and the locals say bloody holiday makers .. don’t get over
Either they can't reverse into the wider part of the road so I have to go back twice as far, or they don't want to get too close to the hedge!
Ummm, neither do I.....So move over a little more and we can both get through scratch free.

Even worse when they don't say thankyou for moving :swear:
Don’t get me in not saying “thank you” it’s not hard just to put your hand up , I even say thanks for saying thanks to me .
And it’s all ages men and woman that don’t say thank you . :banghead:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Had the same thing happen to me. I parked up next to somebody last October, baring in mind I had only just restored the car for a second time after some moron pulled out Infront of me at a roundabout in October the year prior, so hadn't been back on the road for a whole year yet, and this idiot next to me in a POS Renault people carrier opens her driver's side door full tilt and slams it into the newly repaired left wing, chipping the paint down to metal and also denting it.
Needless to say this didn't go down well, but she owned up to it (would have been hard for her not to considering I was in the car at the time).
I took photos and I asked her for her insurance details and she refused, wanting to avoid insurance and just give me £50 on the spot.
I laughed in her face and told her it would cost at least £250 to repair, as I certainly wasn't going to do it again myself.
She scoffed at that, saying it was just a stonechip, being metallic I explained to her how much effort was involved in fixing the damage and how little she obviously knows about bodywork.
Anyway we agreed to get some quotes from body shops for her, and of course they all quoted exactly what I said, some wanted over £400!
When I gave her this information she got really stroppy about it, and accused me of being a con artist and that I couldn't have done a good job with the respray to begin with as the paint must have still been soft.
Yeah because that's the problem, not you and your moronic absent mindedness that slammed the edge of your door into my paint at full force.
At that point I told her to basically go f*@k herself and said I've tried to be nice and honest with you, but I've had enough and I'm going to do exactly what you didn't want me to do and contact my insurance.
Anyway after all that waiting 8 months I got the cheque for the repair come through today finally, so I've got to get mine booked in as well soon.
With people like this out there I understand why there's serial killers. Lol. F*#k people. I hope her insurance premiums go through the roof.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Arya2.0S wrote: At that point I told her to basically go f*@k herself and said I've tried to be nice and honest with you, but I've had enough and I'm going to do exactly what you didn't want me to do and contact my insurance.
Anyway after all that waiting 8 months I got the cheque for the repair come through today finally, so I've got to get mine booked in as well soon.
I hope her insurance premiums go through the roof.
Nice one, that's the only way some people learn that carelessness costs :roll:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

andyd wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote: At that point I told her to basically go f*@k herself and said I've tried to be nice and honest with you, but I've had enough and I'm going to do exactly what you didn't want me to do and contact my insurance.
I hope her insurance premiums go through the roof.
Nice one, that's the only way some people learn that carelessness costs :roll:
:agree: Not only that, if she had been more reasonable and accepted what she had done without all the aggressive argy-bargy then it needn't have gone as far as it did and her ending up with a claim on her record. Well done to for standing up to her Arya.

Paul.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Glad you stood your ground there Arya and now have the funds to get your Capri fixed . Nice one :cool:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Sorry to hear about what has happened to your car, but I'm glad that you can now get it fixed. I think that I'd probably be too scared to stand up to the mad woman in that situation....

Andrew.
tazla

Post by tazla »

Sorry to hear about your car .and glad youve been paid out.good news.theres some arseholes out there!
Mines not back yet.so to drown my sorrows
i had a bit of my time last night and all day today.night fishing.im home now.just ordered a curry and .washing it down with a few brandy n cokes. :beer:
tazla

Post by tazla »

Well shes back and im a picky fecker.cant fault it.its perfect .they done a chip on the rear quarter.and the wing and the front spoiler.well chuffed
Image Image Image ImageImage Image just need to do the sticker n badge.and front spoiler and bumper.jobs a goodn
andyd

Post by andyd »

tazla wrote:Well shes back and im a picky fecker.cant fault it.its perfect .they done a chip on the rear quarter.and the wing and the front spoiler.well chuffed
Looks great Mel :D
Be more careful next time :whistle: :lol:

I don't look for faults, they just seem to jump out at me.....It's horrible :o
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Looks great! Hope mine comes out as nice as that when they do it.
Thanks everyone, yeah I'm glad the insurance decided to rule in my favour because at the time due to all the hubbub I forgot to get more than a couple of photos, so I was worried they'd say that there wasn't enough evidence, but since it happened in a car park with CCTV I have a feeling they took notice of our recommendation to contact the appropriate people and requested a copy of the footage from that day.
Either way I'm very happy that I'm not the one having to fork out and repair it again myself and the person responsible is actually being held accountable for their actions. Nothing pisses me off more than people being at fault for something and getting away with it.
What's even better is the guy who's going to do the work said he'd fix a couple of small chips on the door as well as he'd need to paint it anyway to blend in the paint since it's metallic cobalt blue so if he only did the wing the paint wouldn't match properly.
I just hope he can work around the S decal as I really don't fancy reapplying those bloody things lol.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

andyd wrote:
tazla wrote:Well shes back and im a picky fecker.cant fault it.its perfect .they done a chip on the rear quarter.and the wing and the front spoiler.well chuffed
Looks great Mel :D
Be more careful next time :whistle: :lol:

I don't look for faults, they just seem to jump out at me.....It's horrible :o
I have the same problem lol. I see faults literally everywhere all the time.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Looking great Mel! What a terrific job they've done there. Once the bumper and spoiler is back on it will look just as good as it did before.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes looking back to normal and looks a very good match .
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cheers chaps :mrgreen: