Jumping like a kangaroo?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Jumping like a kangaroo?

Post by Jasonmarie »

So my daughter wanted a run out today so we took a trip to maidstone then come back threw Sevenoaks all ok till I was near my mum & Dads and she started to play up I had been stuck at traffic lights where they were doing road works for about 20 mins Engine was warm and only half way up on temp gauge .
So when we come to a slight incline she would not pull and was jumping like the points were playing up , but I have the electric set up .
To cut a long story short I gave up and limp her to my mum and dad’s .

Took a look and can not see anything , so as my legs & back are shot I phoned the number one boys ..( Tickover )
Don’t Laugh she’s book in for the afternoon of the 21st June as they have a Capri that wants lowing and is in 15” wheels ( who could that be )
So will have to try her next week and see if she is still the same as it could be anything . I did spray the wd40 everywhere like the old days just to see if it’s a lead ?

Will keep you posted but looks like I might have to use the RAC
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Jumping like a kangaroo?

Post by Peter-S »

Check the fuel filter, including the one under the brass nut on the carb inlet and if you have one try a different fuel pump.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Ok peter thanks for that tip I don’t have a spare fuel pump but that was new 2 years ago but I will give that a look next week , it just felt like the points were playing about and i did get a misfire .
It’s all the fun in owning a classic Capri and most of the time it’s something stupid .
It was ticking over fine and when I reved the car in the garage it was fine . I never tried stating it again so will try from cold .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote:she’s book in for the afternoon of the 21st June as they have a Capri that wants lowing and is in 15” wheels ( who could that be )
Hmmm....wonder who that is.... :wave: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...