"We're gonna need bigger tyres Gus"

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

"We're gonna need bigger tyres Gus"

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Just been watching the latest episode of Flippin Bangers. Gus and Will have a Mercedes 190 that has been slammed down to the ground so they source some original second hand springs to try to get it sitting at a better height. Check out how it turned out with the wheels/tyres that were fitted..... :lol:

Click on the picture below to hopefully bring up the video from my flickr

Listen to Will tell Gus ( who is cracking up with laughter ) "We're gonna need bigger tyres" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image20180529_165529 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Fair play though as Gus does indeed fit bigger tyres and the result is much better...just !!

Image2018-05-29_05-07-49 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Jeepers I hope that Tickover don't get the opposite result after lowering B112 so they cant open the bleedin doors :lol: :lol:

I really do like Flippin Bangers as the guys are so likeable and they do actually seem know their stuff most of the time, but there is no way they make a living on the 'profits' they make on each car before all the overheads involved...but I do wish them all the best in their business :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: "We're gonna need bigger tyres Gus"

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I really do like Flippin Bangers
Hi Nick,
Yes, it's a great programme. It's fortunate that I just happened to be watching a trailer for the show before the run of episodes started, and because of that I was able to give a heads up to the forum members. Lucky really, as before that, most people didn't seem to know that the Blaze channel even existed! :D

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

I watched this one last Friday.
:agree: It was stupidly low and much better when finished :)

Despite all the moans we have I will miss this when it's finished :(
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny as all these reddish cars need bigger wheels , yes did enjoy this one and they made a profit , I think next week it’s a mini metro which apart from the Mazda 5 is one of the worse cars I have ever driven . But did see a mini metrol 6R4 or something like that flip at Lydd race track back in the 80s with the RS200. That was a day out .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

I love these big old Bavarian barges........ I'd have kept it gangsta though :lowrider:

I'm looking forward to the Metro episode, as I also have a soft spot for shite British tin.......
Sausage Sellers is currently my fave motor show.....