Wedding Day Pictures

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wedding Day Pictures

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

H,

I was going through some pictures of my wedding back in 2013 and :D seen these of the Capri on the day. We used it for the wedding car :D
Don't think I ever posted them up so thought I would post them now as our 5th anniversary is this Oct :shock:

My mate picked up Siobhan and drove her to the church. He was very nervous driving the Capri but did a grand job
ImageFB_IMG_1526416391427 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Parking up at the Church
ImageFB_IMG_1526416397653 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

ImageFB_IMG_1526416403914 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Then it was my turn to drive me and Mrs Fordoholic Nick to the reception after the Church do
ImageFB_IMG_1526416408500 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

ImageFB_IMG_1526416413090 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

ImageFB_IMG_1526416417043 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

ImageFB_IMG_1526416420899 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Anyway just wanted to share them as was really great looking through them and have fantastic memories of the day....especially the drive in B112 !

Sorry to bore you with these :wave:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Wedding Day Pictures

Post by andyd »

Nice pics Nick :D

Car look as good now as it did then :applaud: Apart from the new 15" wheels and loosing the sunstrip :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Some great pictures there Nick and your two loves in your life in one place .
Think it wood for your 5th anniversary so you could get a wooded. Dash ? And a chopping board for the wife ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote:Nice pics Nick :D

Car look as good now as it did then :applaud: Apart from the new 15" wheels and loosing the sunstrip :D
Hi Andy, Thanks very much mate :)

Well spotted old chap ! Yep removing that sunstrip was after a second opinion from Andrew at the time and B112 does look better now without...and as you say now sits on new 15's too :D :D :D

I like to think all the mods I have done since 2013 have enhanced rather than detract. Every one I have done I am very happy with especially the quad lights and 15" wheels !!. I still have some more tricks up my sleeve...watch this space :wave:
Jasonmarie wrote:Some great pictures there Nick and your two loves in your life in one place .
Think it wood for your 5th anniversary so you could get a wooded. Dash ? And a chopping board for the wife ?

Cheers Jason. It was great looking through the pictures again...the ones of the Capri of course :lol:

As said this was the first ever outing for the then brand new 7x13's I fitted the day before !!! I was well made up how the car looked on the day with the new wheels and the wedding bands on the car. We got lots of attention driving it from the Church to Muswell Hill Golf Club for the reception. My missus felt like the Queen :)

Hmmm...a chopping board for the wife...never thought of this mate. She will be over the moon with this...thanks for the advice :lol:
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

looks great in the pictures Nick!

I got my Dad a personalised wooden chopping board on ebay a few years ago. Great product, great price too.

Got this done for my Wife for our 1dt Anniversary (Coz I'm a dope and thought it was wood for the 1st!!)

http://i.imgur.com/e5KoZsh.jpg
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

Post by SmokeEm »

I should say that the above hunk of solid mahogany is NOT a chopping board lol. It was laser burnt to look like a JD bottle by a guy in a shed.

Cost a pretty penny but it is unique.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

SmokeEm wrote:looks great in the pictures Nick!

I got my Dad a personalised wooden chopping board on ebay a few years ago. Great product, great price too.

Got this done for my Wife for our 1dt Anniversary (Coz I'm a dope and thought it was wood for the 1st!!)

http://i.imgur.com/e5KoZsh.jpg
Hey Dave. Think I am a dope cause I just been wondering why everyone is going on about frigging wood !! Only just dawned on me that 5th is Wood :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought it was a bit strange Jason was going on about wooden dash and chopping board then you come on talking about wooden chopping boards and lumps of mahogany too !! :oops: :sorry:. :lol:
SmokeEm wrote:I should say that the above hunk of solid mahogany is NOT a chopping board lol. It was laser burnt to look like a JD bottle by a guy in a shed.

Cost a pretty penny but it is unique.
That sounds well cool Dave. What a lovely gift for your wife as was that personalised chopping board for your Dad. :)

Do you think I will get away with buying the missus a box of matches instead...even tho neither of us smoke. They are 'wood' and its the thought that counts and I am saving up for some hi-spec 4-pot front brake upgrades for the Capri. Surely my loving wife will understand :)

Anyway cheers guys and apologies I did not realise you were giving very good marital advice to a relative 'newbie' still learning.... ! :wave:

All the best

Nick
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

Post by SmokeEm »

Swan Vestas will be fine mate 8-)

The Hi-Spec kit is good too. A little expensive compared to upgrading using parts from the Ford bin but you get what you pay for. Willwoods are my personal favourite but cost ££££.

One small but great tip for those of you running a std laser on std brakes - Upgrade your Pads to Ferodo D2500 - Easily as good as a princess 4pot upgrade and a better pedal feel IMHO - all for £70odd - Available from Burtons. (Deffo better than EBC IMHO)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Great photos. Your car looked just as stunning back then, even with the diddy 13" wheels!
I expect your mate was so nervous about driving the Capri in case he accidentally drove through a puddle and got some grime on the paintwork..... :D

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

SmokeEm wrote:One small but great tip for those of you running a std laser on std brakes - Upgrade your Pads to Ferodo D2500 - Easily as good as a princess 4pot upgrade and a better pedal feel IMHO - all for £70odd - Available from Burtons. (Deffo better than EBC IMHO)
Dave I might give these a go mate. Cant see Burton listing them as D2500 but am guessing these are the ones as the only Ferodo pads for the mk2/3 that burton list

http://www.burtonpower.com/parts-by-cat ... 7&brand=38

Are these the same ???

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1 ... p167h.html

Cheers
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Great photos. Your car looked just as stunning back then, even with the diddy 13" wheels!
I expect your mate was so nervous about driving the Capri in case he accidentally drove through a puddle and got some grime on the paintwork..... :D .
Cheers Andrew ! My mate was just nervous driving it full stop :lol:

I told him to keep away from the kerb when parking up which did not help his nerves. He did a superb job on the day :D
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Great wedding pics Nick. Had a boring old Rolls to take my wife to church, a Capri would have been sooooo much cooler 8-) :D
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Good stuff Nick. Through a foggy haze I can remember taking Mrs S to our wedding in a white MKII. Doubt she thought there would still be Capris parked on the drive more than 30years on - probably I didn't either if I'm honest!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote:Great wedding pics Nick. Had a boring old Rolls to take my wife to church, a Capri would have been sooooo much cooler 8-) :D
Cheers Rob :)

Yep it was always going to be the Capri mate, along with my Blue mod suit with cherry doc martens. These were the conditions of marriage....ermmm I mean Mrs F let me wear this :lol:

Nothing wrong with a Rolls fella. Bet it was great !

All the best Rob
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Good stuff Nick. Through a foggy haze I can remember taking Mrs S to our wedding in a white MKII. Doubt she thought there would still be Capris parked on the drive more than 30years on - probably I didn't either if I'm honest!
Thanks Peter :)

Wow ! White MKII sounds spot on for a wedding car. Nice one !!!

:lol: I hope I still have my Laser in 30yrs time mate but I aint told the boss this :lol:

Cheers !
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

The pictures look great there's something about a capri in ribbons, years back my mates best man who also happened to be his brother didn't sort him a car out for his wedding which I thought was terrible, after hearing about it at the last minute I rallied around and got some ribbons chucked a bucket of water over my capri got dressed and showed up for him, he didn't have a clue what I was doing for him until I turned up went in and told him to look outside, he was choked by the gesture and the capri became a focus point random people photographing it etc which was nice because it was used daily condition

Here it is with the car that his mrs went in
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

fordperv wrote:Here it is with the car that his mrs went in
Fella thats a brilliant story and superb picture too !!! :D

What a great gesture from you to help out your mate at the last min...and your Capri looked well cool with the ribbons and bows. He must have been well chuffed indeed. No wonder it got all the attention. It looked the dogs !! Job well done fella. Nice one :applaud:

Thanks for putting up the picture. Its great. Love it !! :)

All the best mate

Nick
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

Post by SmokeEm »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
SmokeEm wrote:One small but great tip for those of you running a std laser on std brakes - Upgrade your Pads to Ferodo D2500 - Easily as good as a princess 4pot upgrade and a better pedal feel IMHO - all for £70odd - Available from Burtons. (Deffo better than EBC IMHO)
Dave I might give these a go mate. Cant see Burton listing them as D2500 but am guessing these are the ones as the only Ferodo pads for the mk2/3 that burton list

http://www.burtonpower.com/parts-by-cat ... 7&brand=38

Are these the same ???

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1 ... p167h.html

Cheers
The 2nd ones are deffo the right ones. If Burton aren't listing them as DS pads then they probably aren't. Even at £97, they are well worthwhile as the pedal feel is so much better IMO.
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

Post by SmokeEm »

Bearing in mind it was a good 3/4 years ago that I bought mine, it's possible that Burtons no longer do them but they were deffo DS2500 as just looked up. I fitted them with a new set of stock discs and bedded them in correctly and I couldn't believe how much better they felt. Nice strong bite with progressive stopping without fading. Less dust over stock too. They won't match the Hi-spec obviously but a major improvement over stock.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Due to some other wedding, I for one will be avoiding BBC1 and ITV on Saturday!!