It's been a while

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ThatGuy
Car(s): 1986 2.0 laser

It's been a while

Post by ThatGuy »

I used to be on this forum alot more but since I've finally started working on my Capri again i thought I'd say hi.

So my capri's been sat for probably about 4-5 years I last drove it to the 45th at brooklands but before that I daily'd it for 6 months until the fuel senser packed up. It's taken me this long to do anything to it as I just got abit bored and interested in other cars and projects and having a child took up alot of my time (and still does).
Since seeing that the 50th anniversary is next year I figured it's time to sort my shit out and finally get my Capri to how I always wanted it. Of course with having a child and trying to buy a house my budget isn't huge but after toying with engine swap ideas for many years I've decided on what route to take.

So I'm sure you'll all be hearing alot more from me in the future asking alot of questions and annoying everyone, and if your lucky I may even start a build thread that I said I'd start many, many years ago :D
Cheers all :)
Ratty as fuck
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: It's been a while

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Tom,
It's good to have you back on here and congratulations on the birth of your child. That may be a little belated, but you don't say how long ago the birth was!
You might not remember me, but I met you at the 45th anniversary bash at Brooklands. I enjoyed speaking with you, and I am pleased to hear that your plans for the car may now, finally, come to fruition! :D
For old times sake, here is your car as it was on that day....

ImageFord Capri 2.0 Laser D770RFV by Andrew 2.8i, on Flickr

I look forward to seeing how your dream Capri build progresses.

Andrew.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

Ofcourse I remember you Andrew, I think you, Nick and Jon were the only people i spoke to from this forum at brooklands. I'm glad to see all of you are still here and still have Capri's :) I see jon from time to time around Guilford in his Capri which is always nice.
And thank you my son was 2 this March so as you can imagine he took up alot of my time and it's only now I'm getting some time off to work on my car haha
It's going to be slow progress but I've already got the donor car for the engine swap and everything I need so it's just a matter of doing it.
Luckily I just happened to check capripower the other week and see about the 50th anniversary otherwise I'd still not be working on my Capri and would have alot less time to get it sorted
Also thanks for that picture I always enjoy seeing pictures of my car that I havnt got or seen in a while so that definitely made me smile :)
Ratty as fuck
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: I look forward to seeing how your dream Capri build progresses.
:agree: It would be great to see another build thread started, good luck Tom.

Also, you must have an amazing collection of Capri pictures over the years Andrew, plus a good memory to find that so quick :applaud:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hey Tom your're back !! Nice one fella.

:welcome: to the forum. You will find lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk here :lol: :lol: :lol: :sorry:

Mate brilliant to see you back on the forum. I deffo remember talking to you at Brooklands mate and seeing your Capri. Great stuff !! Its great you still have it and got plans for it too....very exciting for you and for us !! :)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and look forward to seeing some updates as and when :cool:

When you see me at the 50th I expect you to say I dont look a day older :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best Tom

Nick

PS....
ThatGuy wrote:So my capri's been sat for probably about 4-5 years
For a min Tom I thought Cripes !! 45yrs is a long time to have a Capri sat around !! :lol: :wave:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Tom,
As Nick says, it's great that you still have the Capri. The last we heard from you was that your parents wanted you to sell it as it was stored on their driveway. Thank goodness that you managed to persuade them out of it!

Andrew.
ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy »

Nick I'm sure you havnt aged a day haha

And Andrew persuaded isn't really what I would say, more like annoyed them until they gave in haha, my dad's been trying to get me to sell it for years now and I just did nothing about it until he gave up :D he still makes comments about me getting rid of it but they always end up with "well I'm keeping it anyway" haha
Ratty as fuck