Drive it Day

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Drive it Day

Postby andyd » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:23 am

Never heard of it before, but was made aware last week so I decided to go last Sunday, and it was a great day out helped by the dry weather :) Around 200 cars attended our local event a static display on the green at Dawlish, a 35 mile round trip and a good first run for the XR this year.

Got a pic of my car in this too :D https://www.classiccarweekly.co.uk/buy- ... april-2018

Looking forward to this event in 2019.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10511
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi Andy,
That does sound like a brilliant day out, and a nice 35 mile spin is probably just what your car needs to clear the cobwebs after the winter lay-up.
Congrats on getting your car into the mag. 8-)

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Drive it Day

Postby andyd » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:36 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
That does sound like a brilliant day out, and a nice 35 mile spin is probably just what your car needs to clear the cobwebs after the winter lay-up.
Congrats on getting your car into the mag. 8-)

Andrew.

Ran like a dream Andrew :D

:cheers:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:20 pm

andyd wrote:Never heard of it before, but was made aware last week so I decided to go last Sunday, and it was a great day out helped by the dry weather :) Around 200 cars attended our local event a static display on the green at Dawlish, a 35 mile round trip and a good first run for the XR this year


Hey Andy, I had a copy of CCW in my hand today at Sainsburys. Sneaked off for a quick read while Mrs F was in the vegetable section ;)

Yep i seen the article on Drive it Day. In fact the first 8/10 pages were full of it with loads of pics of cars taking part. If I get a chance I must pop back and get a copy. Thing is I usually do do what made me put it back on the shelf I will never know :doh:

Great your XR got into this issue. Did you check behind you to check if I was photo bombing you mate :wave: :lol:

Glad you had s good day and faultless drive. Nice one mate
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Drive it Day

Postby andyd » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:Never heard of it before, but was made aware last week so I decided to go last Sunday, and it was a great day out helped by the dry weather :) Around 200 cars attended our local event a static display on the green at Dawlish, a 35 mile round trip and a good first run for the XR this year


Hey Andy, I had a copy of CCW in my hand today at Sainsburys. Sneaked off for a quick read while Mrs F was in the vegetable section ;)

Yep i seen the article on Drive it Day. In fact the first 8/10 pages were full of it with loads of pics of cars taking part. If I get a chance I must pop back and get a copy. Thing is I usually do do what made me put it back on the shelf I will never know :doh:

Great your XR got into this issue. Did you check behind you to check if I was photo bombing you mate :wave: :lol:

Glad you had s good day and faultless drive. Nice one mate

Hi Nick,
I'm on page 18 as are many more from the Dawlish show! The photographer insisted we had to stand next to our cars :doh: so you photo bombing would have been the least of my worries :)

I checked first to make sure I was in it before spending £2.99 :lol:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 pm

andyd wrote:The photographer insisted we had to stand next to our cars :doh: so you photo bombing would have been the least of my worries :)


:lol: But Andy you are normally sitting in a foldable chair enjoying a Mr Whippy aren't you!!! :wave:

I must get a copy of CCW now and send page18 to you to autograph for me please :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Drive it Day

Postby andyd » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:19 am

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:The photographer insisted we had to stand next to our cars :doh: so you photo bombing would have been the least of my worries :)


:lol: But Andy you are normally sitting in a foldable chair enjoying a Mr Whippy aren't you!!! :wave:

I must get a copy of CCW now and send page18 to you to autograph for me please :lol: :lol: :lol:

:applaud: Form an orderly queue :wave:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Admin Member for 11 years on the smaxownersclub
Location: Kent

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 am

The wife needs a new walking dog coat and she taking me to bluewater today so will be going straight to W H Smith for a copy .
No it’s nice that these magazines are reporting like the old days at events .

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:30 am

Jasonmarie wrote: will be going straight to W H Smith for a copy.


Perfect !! Jason can you photocopy page 18 for me and send it to me :wave: :)

This will save me £2.99 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking of course. Andy you are worth the £2.99...
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Drive it Day

Postby andyd » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote: will be going straight to W H Smith for a copy.


Perfect !! Jason can you photocopy page 18 for me and send it to me :wave: :)

This will save me £2.99 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking of course. Andy you are worth the £2.99...

:poke: :boxing:
Although I did think about tearing that page out myself :whistle: :D

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10511
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:55 pm

I tried to find somewhere that sold CCW, but without success.
Hopefully somebody will post the photo on here.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Admin Member for 11 years on the smaxownersclub
Location: Kent

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Here we go .

Image


And a close up

Image


Wife just said it’s not normal to take pictures of papers

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Drive it Day

Postby andyd » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:Here we go .

Image


And a close up

Image


Wife just said it’s not normal to take pictures of papers

Fame at last :wave:

Your wife might be right :?

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 10511
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi Andy,
Your car looks stunning, and how fortunate that you happened to be wearing a Ford T-shirt that day!
Judging by those few photos shown here, that show you went to looks like it had some very tasty cars there.
Thanks for posting the photo, Jason.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Drive it Day

Postby andyd » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
Your car looks stunning, and how fortunate that you happened to be wearing a Ford T-shirt that day!
Judging by those few photos shown here, that show you went to looks like it had some very tasty cars there.
Thanks for posting the photo, Jason.

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew,
Shame about the lump on the passenger side..... :lol:

Re; T Shirt, you should get one :D https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Never-U ... CiBKkSq2uA

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Drive it Day

Postby Caprifan Rob » Wed May 02, 2018 5:00 pm

andyd wrote:Got a pic of my car in this too :D https://www.classiccarweekly.co.uk/buy- ... april-2018

:applaud: Nice one.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: Drive it Day

Postby andyd » Fri May 04, 2018 7:47 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:Got a pic of my car in this too :D https://www.classiccarweekly.co.uk/buy- ... april-2018

:applaud: Nice one.

:cheers: Rob


Return to “Rant and Rave”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests