Wheely excited....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Wheely excited....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

SmokeEm wrote:I think you will end up using 145lb -1" or 2" coils up front (Use rally design as much cheaper than Burtons) and -1.5" rear blocks. This will make it sit 'Just right' once new springs have settled. Then you need more POWER!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks very much for the info Dave. This is really helpfull mate as I was wondering on what springs I might use at the front end. I believe the multi rear springs are pretty new from the previous owner so rather than swapping for single leafs lowering blocks would be best at the back. When I fit the 15's I hope to get over to John at weekend to get an expert second opinion. This really is a mod I have wanted to do for a long time so watch this space :)

Thanks again for the info/advice Dave.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
SmokeEm wrote:I think you will end up using 145lb -1" or 2" coils up front (Use rally design as much cheaper than Burtons) and -1.5" rear blocks. This will make it sit 'Just right' once new springs have settled. Then you need more POWER!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks very much for the info Dave. This is really helpfull mate as I was wondering on what springs I might use at the front end. I believe the multi rear springs are pretty new from the previous owner so rather than swapping for single leafs lowering blocks would be best at the back. When I fit the 15's I hope to get over to John at weekend to get an expert second opinion. This really is a mod I have wanted to do for a long time so watch this space :)

Thanks again for the info/advice Dave.
Any time NIck as always. IMHO, you would find 195lb front springs a little 'Too stiff' so 145lb are a great compromise. If your multi leafs are really new, you might need 2" blocks but that is still no issue as long as your exhaust won't knock.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

SmokeEm wrote:Any time NIck as always. IMHO, you would find 195lb front springs a little 'Too stiff' so 145lb are a great compromise. If your multi leafs are really new, you might need 2" blocks but that is still no issue as long as your exhaust won't knock.
Cheers Dave. Yep 145lb sound good for me. Was just checking the CCI springs and they descibe theirs as uprated poundage for firmer ride so they must be more than 145. Seen the burton ones too mate and they do them 145lb. Will deffo look at rally dedign too. Cheers
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...