New Car Programme on TV Soon

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Andy.
Part 2 of series 12 are all the UK ones I think. The USA episodes are alright, but it just isn't the classic Wheeler Dealers as we know it, in my opinion.

Andrew.

I haven't seen Tim from Car SOS do much presenting of other programmes on TV, but he's on Channel 5 presenting a competition of model railroad layout constructing. That sounds really boring, but actually I'm quite enjoying the series. :D
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5368
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby andyd » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Tonights MWCS, Is it bad T Shirt episode Man Boob special :roll: :oops:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:44 pm

andyd wrote:Tonights MWCS, Is it bad T Shirt episode Man Boob special :roll: :oops:

Dunno, but for once Elo seemed to have listened to the brief. The Corvette sounded nice.

Do you think they vet the potential buyers to make sure they're not timewasters or dreamers? I don't think they do....

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5368
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby andyd » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Tonights MWCS, Is it bad T Shirt episode Man Boob special :roll: :oops:

Dunno, but for once Elo seemed to have listened to the brief. The Corvette sounded nice.

Do you think they vet the potential buyers to make sure they're not timewasters or dreamers? I don't think they do....

Andrew.

Hard to tell with the sound off :lol:

I wonder if they are real buyers at all or just random people to make the shows :?

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 pm

andyd wrote:I wonder if they are real buyers at all or just random people to make the shows :?


If they were looking for genuine buyers, I think they should have advertised in Autotrader magazine or something, not on a casting website.
https://www.backstage.com/casting/moder ... ls-229211/
They're probably just people who want a day out at the expense of the production company, like the couples they get on Escape to the Country. :roll:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1785
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Jasonmarie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Might send me dad up as I can see him in one of them T shirts ! What was he thinking of wearing that .

Seems to be getting worse as the show goes on .

Talking USA wheeler dealers I can normally get it early on my ( magic box ) but I can get it to stream for some reason so might have to try another build as they say .

Nice find there Andrew
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Not a new car show, I know, but it has been announced that the new presenters of Top Gear will be Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness.
I'm not sure how Freddie will fare, as he is a bit of an unknown quantity, although he does come across in interviews like an interesting and likeable chap. Paddy could make the show as he was very good in Stars and Their Cars and seemed to be genuinely interested in cars.
As ever, I'll give it a shot. It can't be any worse than when Matt LeBlanc was presenting, he was more wooden than a wooden thing.....

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1785
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Jasonmarie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Not a new car show, I know, but it has been announced that the new presenters of Top Gear will be Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness.
I'm not sure how Freddie will fare, as he is a bit of an unknown quantity, although he does come across in interviews like an interesting and likeable chap. Paddy could make the show as he was very good in Stars and Their Cars and seemed to be genuinely interested in cars.
As ever, I'll give it a shot. It can't be any worse than when Matt LeBlanc was presenting, he was more wooden than a wooden thing.....

Andrew.


Yes I also thought I will watch this try at Top Gear I never could stand that Chris evens and that Matt Le plank from friends made me want to hang my balls in a Hot cup of Tea and singing God Save the Queen . ( please note video might be out xmas for that one )

I am sure I did see Paddy do a classic car programme a few years ago and I did enjoy that . :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:I am sure I did see Paddy do a classic car programme a few years ago and I did enjoy that . :cool:

Was that Stars and Their Cars on Travel channel?

I must remember never to have a cup of tea at your house. Especially while Top Gear is on.......

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5368
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby andyd » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:I am sure I did see Paddy do a classic car programme a few years ago and I did enjoy that . :cool:

Was that Stars and Their Cars on Travel channel?

I must remember never to have a cup of tea at your house. Especially while Top Gear is on.......

Andrew.

I watched the programme, but can't remember the channel....

And yes i'll bring my own PG Tips JM :cheers:

Pas28i
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:51 pm
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Pas28i » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:05 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKWomwsNctw

Maybe the BBC should employ this fella reviewing his dads lovely 3000E!

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Pas28i wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKWomwsNctw
Maybe the BBC should employ this fella reviewing his dads lovely 3000E!

My word, what is he wearing?
Very nice car though! 8-)

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:29 pm

For my sins, I'm still watching Modern Wheels.
Chap with brillo pad on his head: "I want a 4x4 or an SUV"
Elo: "Here's a Mercedes 190E" :doh:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1785
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Jasonmarie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Yes that is what’s it is called stars in there cars . Yes just watching the old boy with the hat , I bet he goes for the Stag o know it will blow his hat off . ( I am so bad )

Always welcome for a cup of tea lads . But no PG tips here it’s yorkshire real tea here and we have a large T pot with it’s own special cover and we always warm the pot .
Choice of milks is “ cow “ almond “ & oat milk . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:I bet he goes for the Stag o know it will blow his hat off . ( I am so bad )

It was obvious he was going to choose that Golf, he was amazed to see the self-parking in operation...
Talking about self-parking, how's this for being flash?



Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1785
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Jasonmarie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:22 pm

I thought to my self I have seen this video before , and it played after you Tunnel run . Yes I was going to say that is one great Toy . I have never driven one off them cars that parks it self ... great video Andrew
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5368
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby andyd » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:I bet he goes for the Stag o know it will blow his hat off . ( I am so bad )

It was obvious he was going to choose that Golf, he was amazed to see the self-parking in operation...
Talking about self-parking, how's this for being flash?



Andrew.

Has anyone picked a Elo car since the first episode was it :?

Not for me but the Tesla is clever stuff..... But if it all goes Pete Tong :doh:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11728
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:31 pm

andyd wrote: But if it all goes Pete Tong :doh:

The Tesla will end up stuffed in the railings...or worse.
I prefer to have control of the car too. Although self parking does make a good show, at the end of the day it's just an expensive gimmick.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5368
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby andyd » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: But if it all goes Pete Tong :doh:

The Tesla will end up stuffed in the railings...or worse.
I prefer to have control of the car too. Although self parking does make a good show, at the end of the day it's just an expensive gimmick.

Andrew.

:agree:
Call me old fashioned, but anyone with a driving licence should be able to park their car :?

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1785
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Postby Jasonmarie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:38 pm

What does make me wonder if the owner of the Teala was showing people and say it did hit another car I wonder who would be in the wrong because there was no driver .
I have read that in London they will have driverless Cabs by 2021 . I thought you need eyes up your bum with the people and bikes it’s a nightmare during the week .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: