New Car Programme on TV Soon

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Just watching the Mazda episode, and what's parked outside the workshop? Only the Alfa that was scrapped in a previous episode! They must film several episodes simultaneously, just like Car SOS. Interestingly, there was also a yellow Mercedes Sprinter parked outside the workshop too. I thought it looked familiar...…
https://twitter.com/thepaulbrackley

Andrew.
I didn't notice any of that :?

Metro next week, which I think is the last episode......
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Metro next week, which I think is the last episode......
Yes, episode 10 of 10. Despite the criticisms I've made of the show, I'll be sad to see this show go. Hopefully it will be back for a second series. In the meantime, there's always repeats of Wheeler Dealers and Classic Car Rescue on Quest.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Just watching the Mazda episode, and what's parked outside the workshop? Only the Alfa that was scrapped in a previous episode! They must film several episodes simultaneously, just like Car SOS. Interestingly, there was also a yellow Mercedes Sprinter parked outside the workshop too.
andyd wrote:I didn't notice any of that :?
Hi Andy,
Alfa:

Paul's Sprinter:

They still like to spend money needlessly though. In the Mercedes episode, they even stopped in the motorway services on the way home to buy a tea. That would have knocked a huge hole in their profits! :lol:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:

They still like to spend money needlessly though. In the Mercedes episode, they even stopped in the motorway services on the way home to buy a tea. That would have knocked a huge hole in their profits! :lol:

Andrew.
:agree: and taking the MX5 to its new owner and getting home again (Obviously someone in the team took them)
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

There was a white 2 ltr S at the end of Strippers 'tother night.........wondered if it was any of you chaps? :burnout:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

So it’s 10.10 at night on a Sunday and I am ready to watch “ flipping Bangers “ it’s a yellow mini metro. So I will keep my eye out for the white S .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

So they sold the little yellow metro and made some money what must be a first I enjoyed how he fixed the badge and forgot that the end was blue .
Also great fix of the bumper . And did laugh about they kept there keys in the boot when shutting the boot . I thought your lucky to get a fob now adays on a new car .
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Jasonmarie wrote:So it’s 10.10 at night on a Sunday and I am ready to watch “ flipping Bangers “ it’s a yellow mini metro. So I will keep my eye out for the white S .
No it was Strippers not Flipping Bangers.........they went to a bike meet to off load a v6 engine to a trike builder.
I enjoyed the metro episode......sold it too cheap though in my opinion, that said.. I think they robbed it in the first place.
I ran one of them in the 80s when I was skint after crashing my first Laser...... it was a good little run around apart from the bright ginger interior... :turd:
andyd

Post by andyd »

timfromull wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:So it’s 10.10 at night on a Sunday and I am ready to watch “ flipping Bangers “ it’s a yellow mini metro. So I will keep my eye out for the white S .
No it was Strippers not Flipping Bangers.........they went to a bike meet to off load a v6 engine to a trike builder.
I enjoyed the metro episode......sold it too cheap though in my opinion, that said.. I think they robbed it in the first place.
I ran one of them in the 80s when I was skint after crashing my first Laser...... it was a good little run around apart from the bright ginger interior... :turd:
Only saw the first 10 minutes of Strippers........

I was surprised they got the Metro for £350 :o

Drove one in the late 80s, but didn't like the driving position.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

What a donut I am I was looking for a 3.0s and thought Christ perhaps it drives past when they are in the metro .
So it’s on strippers . Well I never saw strippers I had it on with the rolls Royce and jag were being stripped but was working on a watch so never really saw it .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The metro episode was good. I hope this programme will return for another series.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:The metro episode was good. I hope this programme will return for another series.

Andrew.
:agree:

I just watched Classic Car Rescue series 2 Fiat 500.
It is filmed in the UK (London area I presume), but is narrated by an American and all the costs are in dollars :shock: :shock:

I can roughly work it out, but why not in ££ :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: I just watched Classic Car Rescue series 2 Fiat 500.
I've been watching these, and I will confess that I quite enjoy it. However, it's another restoration show with exaggerated for the TV drama. There is almost always an unforseen setback that results in a comedy confrontation between Bernie and Mario, or sometimes even Bernie and another worker. Do you remember the Mini episode where there some recovery guys who were going to take the shell to the paintshop to be painted? They had a falling out with Bernie because they wanted payment up front. The end result was that they rolled the shell off the side of the recovery truck onto the ground, crushing the roof. That's not reality documentary footage, it's a soap opera plot. Happens every day in real life...... :)

Looking at the Wiki page, I never realised that so few episodes have been made. Only 14 so far.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Car_Rescue

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: I just watched Classic Car Rescue series 2 Fiat 500.
I've been watching these, and I will confess that I quite enjoy it. However, it's another restoration show with exaggerated for the TV drama. There is almost always an unforseen setback that results in a comedy confrontation between Bernie and Mario, or sometimes even Bernie and another worker. Do you remember the Mini episode where there some recovery guys who were going to take the shell to the paintshop to be painted? They had a falling out with Bernie because they wanted payment up front. The end result was that they rolled the shell off the side of the recovery truck onto the ground, crushing the roof. That's not reality documentary footage, it's a soap opera plot. Happens every day in real life...... :)

Looking at the Wiki page, I never realised that so few episodes have been made. Only 14 so far.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Car_Rescue

Andrew.
:agree: Andrew, it's watchable but sometimes far from reality.

Mario often has a bad and ignorant attitude, I wouldn't be spoken to like it on of off camera.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

It's another show that would be far more watchable without the tosser extra presenter such as Mario. He's this show's Mike Brewer, Tim or Drew.

Oh I just wish there would be a show where the person doing the work was the one and only presenter and the work done was the centrepiece of the programme rather than a clash of ego's amongst the presenters.

I agree the little Fiat looked great when it was finished but far more money was spent on it than was needed to make a good profit.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:It's another show that would be far more watchable without the tosser extra presenter such as Mario. He's this show's Mike Brewer, Tim or Drew.

Oh I just wish there would be a show where the person doing the work was the one and only presenter and the work done was the centrepiece of the programme rather than a clash of ego's amongst the presenters.

I agree the little Fiat looked great when it was finished but far more money was spent on it than was needed to make a good profit.
People that watch it because they are interested in cars, probably take more notice of the annoying aspects rather than someone that watches it for what it is :?

Yes the 24bhp Fiat did look good especially the wheels.....I still wouldn't want one though.

In the last episode Mario went to pick up some parts and he said "Im the guy that spoke to you on the phone", the other chap says "Oh yes the Yank"! :lol: :lol: :lol: That didn't go down too well.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: In the last episode Mario went to pick up some parts and he said "Im the guy that spoke to you on the phone", the other chap says "Oh yes the Yank"! :lol: :lol: :lol: That didn't go down too well.
Mario: "No, Canadian"

Other chap: "Same difference......" :lol:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: In the last episode Mario went to pick up some parts and he said "Im the guy that spoke to you on the phone", the other chap says "Oh yes the Yank"! :lol: :lol: :lol: That didn't go down too well.
Mario: "No, Canadian"

Other chap: "Same difference......" :lol:

Andrew.
That's it :lol: :lol:

Apparently Canadians don't like to be classed as American and vice versa....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:It is filmed in the UK (London area I presume), but is narrated by an American and all the costs are in dollars :shock: :shock:
I can roughly work it out, but why not in ££ :?
That is annoying. It wouldn't have cost much to record a different narrator for the UK market.
The series filmed in the UK was at an genuine garage, Canons Park Motors in North London.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

A new car show is soon to be aired on the "Dave" TV channel.
Judging by what is shown on the trailer, it focuses on buyers who have to decide whether to buy a classic or modern car. It's called Modern Wheels or Classic Steals, the first series has twenty episodes and starts on the 17th at 8 PM.

Andrew.