Ford Capri on TV

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Ford Capri on TV

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:As Ant's name made an appearance earlier in this thread, I'll mention that he's been banned for 20 months (big deal!) and fined a record £86,000. It sounds like a lot of money, but as fines are now linked to earnings, that is only a third of his weekly income.

Andrew.
I saw it on the news too Andrew.
As you say no big deal for him money wise and I'm sure he can afford a taxi or chauffeur for 20 months....
But his insurance will be increased when he does get his licence back.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

5 days pay £86k that’s 2.6 million pound a year .
My kids watch BGT on Saturday and yes I did watch bits but he looked like a drinker then . I don’t think his mate Dec could see it .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:But his insurance will be increased when he does get his licence back.
How long does a drink driving conviction stay on record as far as insurance companies are concerned?
As Ant is reportedly worth £62,000,000 it won't be much of a hardship for him to employ a driver for a few years until the situation has calmed down a bit.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:5 days pay £86k that’s 2.6 million pound a year .
That's not right. HIs income has been revealed in court in order for the magistrate to set the fine. Last year, Ant supposedly earned £130,000 a week. That works out as nearly £7 million. Worth every penny! :sarcasmalert:

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:But his insurance will be increased when he does get his licence back.
How long does a drink driving conviction stay on record as far as insurance companies are concerned?
As Ant is reportedly worth £62,000,000 it won't be much of a hardship for him to employ a driver for a few years until the situation has calmed down a bit.

Andrew.
Will affect insurance and must be declared for 5 years, but will stay on licence for 11 years and can only be removed after that.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

£7 million that’s worse then my bad maths estimate.

I would love to say that I hope he has learnt his lesson but perhaps he does not live in our world and only the world of the super rich .
I could say so much now but as my wife says to me relax and don’t worry about it and I can say as a happy person that I can take the Capri out anytime ( well as long as it’s dry and not raining ) and have that big smile on my face with people looking and putting there thumps up . He can’t do that . :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:£7 million that’s worse then my bad maths estimate.

I would love to say that I hope he has learnt his lesson but perhaps he does not live in our world and only the world of the super rich .
I could say so much now but as my wife says to me relax and don’t worry about it and I can say as a happy person that I can take the Capri out anytime ( well as long as it’s dry and not raining ) and have that big smile on my face with people looking and putting there thumps up . He can’t do that . :cool:
Money certainly hasn't brought him happiness......You can have mental issues rich or poor!

For cheaper insurance in 20 months time, maybe he needs to get a classic :ford: :) I could do him a deal on a nice Sierra for £200k :lol: