Stolen!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.

Re: Stolen!

Postby Paul G » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:05 am

I believe the "victim fine" is the fact that the thieving gits MK2 (Police) charge the owner of the car for towing it to the Police pound.

andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Postby andyd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 am

Paul G wrote:I believe the "victim fine" is the fact that the thieving gits MK2 (Police) charge the owner of the car for towing it to the Police pound.

:spank: :spank: :spank: That's bad :swear:

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:10 am

Paul G wrote:I believe the "victim fine" is the fact that the thieving gits MK2 (Police) charge the owner of the car for towing it to the Police pound.

Thanks for the explanation Paul, that's something that I've never really thought about. I know the insurance company will pay the fee, but talk about kicking a person when they are down....

Andrew.

andyd

Postby andyd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:13 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote: talk about kicking a person when they are down....

Andrew.

And no effort will be made to catch the scum that took it, just claim on your insurance get the money (eventually?) and that's it :doh:

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:41 am

andyd wrote:My mate who had his Focus RS stolen last May, as off last Sunday still hasn't had the insurance pay out even though it has been to court and sorted

Hi Andy,
Out of interest, do you know why the payout from the insurance is delayed? It seems like a clear case of theft to me.

Andrew.

Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.

Postby Paul G » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:07 am

They do drag their heels. Back in 1989 I had a Sierra Cosworth and it was stolen one night. The bastards broke into the house via a small downstairs toilet window and took the keys whilst my mum and dad were sleeping upstairs. The car was found two days later but had been stripped to a shell, no doubt to make a cossie copy out of a 1.3L.

Anyway the scumbag insurance company took nearly 8 months to pay out for it after a full investigation to see that I hadn't done it myself. As if I'd do that to my parents, mum was scared witless after knowing someone had been in the house.

andyd

Postby andyd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:My mate who had his Focus RS stolen last May, as off last Sunday still hasn't had the insurance pay out even though it has been to court and sorted

Hi Andy,
Out of interest, do you know why the payout from the insurance is delayed? It seems like a clear case of theft to me.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,
I have no idea why he hadn't been paid when I saw him nearly 2 weeks ago now :? As you say it's all sorted so no excuse!!
Paul G wrote:They do drag their heels. Back in 1989 I had a Sierra Cosworth and it was stolen one night. The bastards broke into the house via a small downstairs toilet window and took the keys whilst my mum and dad were sleeping upstairs. The car was found two days later but had been stripped to a shell, no doubt to make a cossie copy out of a 1.3L.

Anyway the scumbag insurance company took nearly 8 months to pay out for it after a full investigation to see that I hadn't done it myself. As if I'd do that to my parents, mum was scared witless after knowing someone had been in the house.

That's terrible!
It seems the victims get all the grief and the lowlife carry on :banghead: I know most victims would like 2 minutes with the scumbags :twak: :twak:

andyd

Postby andyd » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:01 am

Not a good headline :( https://www.classiccarweekly.co.uk/buy- ... march-2018

Organised gangs are mainly responsible, and apparently the South East is a hot spot as the car can be in a shipping container quickly after the theft.

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi Andy,
Having read the headline, I will definitely buy the magazine for the full story. It may have some information or advice to help protect our cherished classics.

Andrew.

andyd

Postby andyd » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:

Hi Andy,
Having read the headline, I will definitely buy the magazine for the full story. It may have some information or advice to help protect our cherished classics.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,
A mate has a copy and it says install a tracking system, fit CCTV cameras where you park it, park with wheels pointing into kerb etc nothing much else.....It seems some people are leaving classics unattended and in view for a few days at a time therefore an easy target.
It also says the rise in prices is pretty much to blame (Surprise, Surprise).

In the case with the XR4i, they arrived in a VW with false plates, did what they needed to do and drove it away :roll:

Disklok, wheelclamp or both will definitely slow them down, and worth using imo.

ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Postby ollyw » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:48 am

Now this is what I call a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey3XDc27RCw

What a crying shame its no longer made.

I'm watching this hither green burglary story with keen interest.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... s-funeral/

Olly W

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:47 pm

ollyw wrote:Now this is what I call a solution.
What a crying shame its no longer made.

I don't want to "shock" anyone by saying I would have bought one of those! :)
Andrew.

Return to “Rant and Rave”