Solar Gold 3.0S & Ghia

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
QuadCamCapri
Car(s): Capri 'Classic Thundersaloon'
5.0 32V Cobra V8 and E34 Touring

Solar Gold 3.0S & Ghia

Post by QuadCamCapri »

Having owned a Solar Gold 2.0S and an Oyster Gold 3.0S it was nice to see a Solar 3.0 Ghia appear locally which looked in pretty good unrestored shape.

So whilst bored at work had a nosey on Google and found it was auctioned last year....

But then saw a Solar Gold 3.0S in the same auction which seems to have fallen from grace rather quickly as it was at the 45th only 3 years earlier looking a million dollars...
My in-car race video Cadwell Park 1995 Capri V6 vs 2x V8's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUSBcLhI ... gvD3_PeHIA
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Solar Gold 3.0S & Ghia

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

That's a rather spiffing photo of GMO903W at Brooklands that you've found on the internet! :whistle:

It doesn't look too bad in the auction photo either, just in desperate need of a good clean and a little TLC.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
It doesn't look too bad in the auction photo either, just in desparate need of a good clean and a little TLC.

Andrew.
For the price of a cheap indoor car cover, I can't understand why people don't fit one :?
In some car programmes you see a barn full of cars with an inch of dust on them :doh:

Nice colour though as is Tibetan Gold.
QuadCamCapri
Car(s): Capri 'Classic Thundersaloon'
5.0 32V Cobra V8 and E34 Touring

Post by QuadCamCapri »

Yes nice pic Andrew, saw it was one of yours on flickr :D

Just seemed to have got quite dusty in a short space of time, agree why no cover.

Ah yes Tibetan Gold, I also like, but not Champagne Gold looks a bit washed out.

My 2 in 1986...
Last edited by QuadCamCapri on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My in-car race video Cadwell Park 1995 Capri V6 vs 2x V8's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUSBcLhI ... gvD3_PeHIA
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:For the price of a cheap indoor car cover, I can't understand why people don't fit one :?
In some car programmes you see a barn full of cars with an inch of dust on them :doh:
I think that's some kind of auction storage facility in the photo, as both the Capris are in the same shed. Looking through the auction catalogue, all the lots seem to be in the same dusty condition. I can't see that's condusive to obtaining the best possible sale price. Have a look at that blue Morris pick-up sandwiched by the two gold Capris. There is a photo on the auction website of it looking very clean and shiny, presumably at the sellers address before being entered into the auction. Then here it is in the auction looking like crap. Hardly Sotheby's is it? :D

Andrew.