Goblin Works Garage

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Paul G »

What they've done to that Merc is just as big, if not a bigger, crime IMHO. So's the dick that drives it in the advert.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Paul G wrote:What they've done to that Merc is just as big, if not a bigger, crime IMHO. So's the dick that drives it in the advert.
I've got that one taped ready to watch, sounds like I'm in for a treat then Paul!
pbar

Post by pbar »

Peter-S wrote:I'm fascinated by the performance that can be achieved from some of the old WWII fighters
I know that you're into your classic aircraft too Peter. Did you know that our old friend Martin Shaw has an interest in them also. Think he even owns his own plane.

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Coyote500 wrote:

Enjoy the summer and say Hi if you see the Coyote at a gig. Just walk straight up, do not show any fear whatever you do!

Would like to see it at some point. What part of the UK you in? (Not the South West I bet)

You can look at my weedy 2933cc V6 too :sarcasmalert: :)
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

pbar wrote: Think he even owns his own plane.
He does Paul, he owns a Stearman. Saw an interesting restoration programme about it after it was flipped upside on landing.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
pbar

Post by pbar »

Thanks Peter. I read that the pilot at the time wasn't injured, goodness me, very lucky then. Think that's Martin Shaw in the pic on the left.

andyd

Post by andyd »

Engine Addict with Jimmy de Ville is repeated tonight at 6.00 on Quest and hour later Quest + 1.

Quote;
In Engine Addict with Jimmy De Ville, Jimmy will explore abandoned factories, junk yards and deserted airfields to unearth an incredible range of combustion engines across the globe.

Drawing on the guidance of local engine experts, Jimmy will uncover the history and heritage behind these iconic engines and the vehicles they powered, and modify them for use in his own extreme hand-built vehicles.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

andyd wrote:Engine Addict with Jimmy de Ville is repeated tonight at 6.00 on Quest and hour later Quest + 1.

Quote;
In Engine Addict with Jimmy De Ville, Jimmy will explore abandoned factories, junk yards and deserted airfields to unearth an incredible range of combustion engines across the globe.

Drawing on the guidance of local engine experts, Jimmy will uncover the history and heritage behind these iconic engines and the vehicles they powered, and modify them for use in his own extreme hand-built vehicles.
Keeping forgetting to set this up on the recorded, looks good so will hunt it out later cheers.
andyd

Post by andyd »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:
andyd wrote:Engine Addict with Jimmy de Ville is repeated tonight at 6.00 on Quest and hour later Quest + 1.

Quote;

Keeping forgetting to set this up on the recorded, looks good so will hunt it out later cheers.
:cheers:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Jimmy will uncover the history and heritage behind these iconic engines and the vehicles they powered
When's the Cologne episode on? :D

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote: Jimmy will uncover the history and heritage behind these iconic engines and the vehicles they powered
When's the Cologne episode on? :D

Andrew.
Or Essex :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Re; Engine Addict, the Volvo engine is a good episode imo
bendeneo
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia

Post by bendeneo »

Hi all, its been a while since I have been here.

AH... just watching this Goblin crap as we speak.... I am just getting angry at their statements every few moments:

- I just keep thinking of my granny as she had one
- it was a failed attempt at a muscle car
- that v6 block has got to go
- this engine when it was new was pretty lame
- lets make it the muscle car it never was

Ahhhhhhh...... these 'hey we're so hip, and we know so much about cars' people are so annoying.....

And an 'E' reg.... what were they thinking.....?
Image[/URL]
Hooks
Car(s): Capri 2.0 s

Post by Hooks »

I wonder if the previous owner knew what was going to happen to the Capri, would he or she have sold it, not a true cap fan to have done that
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

£44K eh?

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Holy Wonder Woman knickers £49000 pounds O.M.G . No sorry I love the Capri yes it did sound good and yes it won Gold after turning up late and I know there’s was one owner with £20 quid stuck to his window who won gold as well :
But I don’t think it’s worth that but I guess somebody will buy it and it’s Dr Brooklands selling the car .

Well this will be worth watching ,back at the very start when the car was first up for grabs it could have been had for £30k
Then they sold for £40k so I wonder what Dr Brooklands paid for her .

Now the sos Capri what was at the CCI meet as well yes that was nice and could make a fair mint .

Nice find there Andy I bet you fell of your chair when you saw the advert .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:I know there’s was one owner with £20 quid stuck to his window who won gold as well
That cunning plan worked! :D

Andrew.
peranaman
Car(s): Capri 280 TT, Gunston Capri Perana V8

Post by peranaman »

Have a look at my lovely pictures.

http://www.brooklands280.com/COYOTE_CAPRI_GALLERY.HTML

I know it's not a Laser, but it's getting some massive appreciation from a lot of people who really know cars.

Waiting for a serious player to come along and tear it out of my hands. It'll sell for exactly what it's worth.

It won't sell til October hopefully.

I missed a bargain last week, the Capri was on ebay again for £2,800. Wow if I'd seen it I'd have bought it again and saved £xxxxx amount :ebay:
peranaman
Car(s): Capri 280 TT, Gunston Capri Perana V8

Post by peranaman »

Hooks wrote:I wonder if the previous owner knew what was going to happen to the Capri, would he or she have sold it, not a true cap fan to have done that
I've owned and restored 50 odd Capris in the last 30 years. 37 of which were 280's.

I never once asked the new owners what they intended doing with the car they just bought. That would have been well out of order. One of my old 280's that I bought for 9,300 in 2007 sold at Silverstone Auctions last November for 47,250.

I was pleased for the owner. If he'd made a garden ornament out of the car, that's none of my business. A deal is a deal. It finishes at the point of sale.

Having said that, most of my old customers keep in touch from time to time, to tell me how their Capri's are doing.