Goblin Works Garage

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3099
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Jasonmarie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 pm

I never knew you was on here “ Doc” yes when you drove in to the CCI meet we all looked as that noise was just something a Morden Car could never get .
Yes I think your sell it but old fords just seem to be going up and up like a old escort rs1600i as we was talking on here for just on £100k

One big burning question is what is she like on petrol ?

I noticed that your doing some big Capri shows this year as you want to sell after October but I bet somebody at the European shows will snap it up.

I will say it’s the only ford capri I like with out bumpers as it’s been done right all the best in your selling .. :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

peranaman
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:11 am
Car(s): Capri 280 TT, Gunston Capri Perana V8

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by peranaman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:I never knew you was on here “ Doc” yes when you drove in to the CCI meet we all looked as that noise was just something a Morden Car could never get .
Yes I think your sell it but old fords just seem to be going up and up like a old escort rs1600i as we was talking on here for just on £100k

One big burning question is what is she like on petrol ?

I noticed that your doing some big Capri shows this year as you want to sell after October but I bet somebody at the European shows will snap it up.

I will say it’s the only ford capri I like with out bumpers as it’s been done right all the best in your selling .. :beer:
Hi Jason

The Coyote engine is running a Ford Racing ECU and harness. It's all pre-programmed and I can't adjust one thing on it!!

She does about 25 on a long run. Just did the Laon Historique classic tour in France. 1200 miles and went like a dream.

I'd say it's a tad better on fuel than my V8 Perana was, which incidentally sold at Luxembourg Capri event in 2015. If this Coyote was a LHD model it would probably sell there too.

I spent 10 weeks refining it to make it driver friendly, almost like a normal Capri.

Took it out for a blat today and the number of people who had to look under the bonnet etc was amazing. One guy is probably going to call me about the car as I told him it was for sale.

I love my Capris. I've kept the Legend Alive for over 30 years and 50 Capris. If you know anyone who's done more - let me know.

Trust me the Goblin Capri is not a reflection of the TV show...........

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3099
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Jasonmarie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 pm

Hello Doc
Sounds like you have had some very nice capris and yes who ever gets the goblin works Capri can not be a shy person as it really turns heads . Also sounds like it’s good on petrol as well .
I always find that the Capri turns heads because so many people have happy memories and that’s worth more then anything . As all of us have had is when you say to them do you want to sit in the car and I had one bloke who said it took right back to a child when he was with his Mum and dad .
So Doc what was your first Capri ? As I can’t see you ever having a normal car .
also would love to see your pictures of your travels .

All the best

Jason
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by andyd » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 am

Currently being scammed on Ebay at £2800 by galanton-2008
K
Selling on behalf of my uncle.Please direct all your questions to: [email protected]

PLEASE INCLUDE THE ITEM TITLE ( COPY ITEM TITLE AND SEND A EMAIL )

WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOUR MESSAGE THROUGH EBAY BECAUSE I ONLY POSTED THE LISTING

Excellent condition

23 Parker Court
portslade
West Sussex
Bn412ft
United Kingdom


Along with 100 other ads......Do these :wank: think other people are as stupid as they are :roll:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3099
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Jasonmarie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:31 pm

This seems to be getting worse I can not make out how they get the people’s ebay account and why eBay are not doing anything .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by andyd » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:19 am

New series of Goblin Works starts on Quest August 22nd at 9pm.

First episode is a Mini.

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3099
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Jasonmarie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Great find there mr Andy I wonder why just a mini series then . So what about 10min long :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by andyd » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:14 pm
Great find there mr Andy I wonder why just a mini series then . So what about 10min long :lol:
:wave: 10 minutes might be long enough!

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4733
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:52 pm

andyd wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:19 am
New series of Goblin Works starts on Quest August 22nd at 9pm.

First episode is a Mini.
Nice one Andy. Thanks mate. Will set the Tivo to tape it :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4733
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:55 pm

andyd wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Jasonmarie wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:14 pm
Great find there mr Andy I wonder why just a mini series then . So what about 10min long :lol:
:wave: 10 minutes might be long enough!

Unless they have another 2.8i shell and try to fit the whole mini inside the engine compartment. This might take them half an hour :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
pbar
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by pbar » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:52 am

Recently found this. Contains some interesting snippets of the TV magic involved, with mentioning things like an expert team of mechanics, the editing techniques used and multiple takes of repeated dialogue.

Still, it's a fun enough show to watch -

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/factual- ... 18.article

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by andyd » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:01 pm

pbar wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:52 am
Recently found this. Contains some interesting snippets of the TV magic involved, with mentioning things like an expert team of mechanics, the editing techniques used and multiple takes of repeated dialogue.

Still, it's a fun enough show to watch -

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/factual- ... 18.article
Good find Paul.

I watch it if I can, although very extreme projects which aren't really my thing and seem to divide opinion.

User avatar
MinesGT
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:14 pm
Car(s): 2008 Bullit Mustang, Capri 32V V8 X Pack
Location: Chester le Street

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by MinesGT » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:04 pm

peranaman wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 pm
Jasonmarie wrote:I never knew you was on here “ Doc” yes when you drove in to the CCI meet we all looked as that noise was just something a Morden Car could never get .
Yes I think your sell it but old fords just seem to be going up and up like a old escort rs1600i as we was talking on here for just on £100k

One big burning question is what is she like on petrol ?

I noticed that your doing some big Capri shows this year as you want to sell after October but I bet somebody at the European shows will snap it up.

I will say it’s the only ford capri I like with out bumpers as it’s been done right all the best in your selling .. :beer:
Hi Jason

The Coyote engine is running a Ford Racing ECU and harness. It's all pre-programmed and I can't adjust one thing on it!!

She does about 25 on a long run. Just did the Laon Historique classic tour in France. 1200 miles and went like a dream.

I'd say it's a tad better on fuel than my V8 Perana was, which incidentally sold at Luxembourg Capri event in 2015. If this Coyote was a LHD model it would probably sell there too.

I spent 10 weeks refining it to make it driver friendly, almost like a normal Capri.

Took it out for a blat today and the number of people who had to look under the bonnet etc was amazing. One guy is probably going to call me about the car as I told him it was for sale.

I love my Capris. I've kept the Legend Alive for over 30 years and 50 Capris. If you know anyone who's done more - let me know.

Trust me the Goblin Capri is not a reflection of the TV show...........
Hi

What were the actual mods you carried out to make it more driver friendly ? I have a Coyote in mine, hence the interest !!

Cheers

Kevin

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4733
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Fordoholic Nick » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:36 pm

I just love this Capri. So different to anything that's out there but you still instantly know its a Capri. A lot don't like it but I seen it in the flesh and it's just superb! The quality of the work done is amazing and how they got that 5. 0 in there is a marvel.! Not seen it in the flesh yet sitting on the new wheels which I think just set it off spot on. What a great modification on a very modified Capri. Love it.! The pictures really don't do this car justice. to be honest . Can't wait to see it do Test Hill on Sunday :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by andyd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 am

MinesGT wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:04 pm
peranaman wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 pm
Jasonmarie wrote:I never knew you was on here “ Doc” yes when you drove in to the CCI meet we all looked as that noise was just something a Morden Car could never get .
Yes I think your sell it but old fords just seem to be going up and up like a old escort rs1600i as we was talking on here for just on £100k

One big burning question is what is she like on petrol ?

I noticed that your doing some big Capri shows this year as you want to sell after October but I bet somebody at the European shows will snap it up.

I will say it’s the only ford capri I like with out bumpers as it’s been done right all the best in your selling .. :beer:
Hi Jason

The Coyote engine is running a Ford Racing ECU and harness. It's all pre-programmed and I can't adjust one thing on it!!

She does about 25 on a long run. Just did the Laon Historique classic tour in France. 1200 miles and went like a dream.

I'd say it's a tad better on fuel than my V8 Perana was, which incidentally sold at Luxembourg Capri event in 2015. If this Coyote was a LHD model it would probably sell there too.

I spent 10 weeks refining it to make it driver friendly, almost like a normal Capri.

Took it out for a blat today and the number of people who had to look under the bonnet etc was amazing. One guy is probably going to call me about the car as I told him it was for sale.

I love my Capris. I've kept the Legend Alive for over 30 years and 50 Capris. If you know anyone who's done more - let me know.

Trust me the Goblin Capri is not a reflection of the TV show...........
Hi

What were the actual mods you carried out to make it more driver friendly ? I have a Coyote in mine, hence the interest !!

Cheers

Kevin
Not sure if he is on here now, but Chris Williams is on Capri World Facebook if you want to contact him there.

:cheers:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by andyd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 am

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:36 pm
I just love this Capri. So different to anything that's out there but you still instantly know its a Capri. A lot don't like it but I seen it in the flesh and it's just superb! The quality of the work done is amazing and how they got that 5. 0 in there is a marvel.! Not seen it in the flesh yet sitting on the new wheels which I think just set it off spot on. What a great modification on a very modified Capri. Love it.! The pictures really don't do this car justice. to be honest . Can't wait to see it do Test Hill on Sunday :)
Looking forward to seeing the Coyote tomorrow :D

He asked me if I wanted to buy it last year, but bought HAY from him instead.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 12799
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:10 am

andyd wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 am
He asked me if I wanted to buy it last year, but bought HAY from him instead.
Good idea. I expect your horse was hungry after riding all the way from Devon.... :lol:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by andyd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:38 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:10 am
andyd wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 am
He asked me if I wanted to buy it last year, but bought HAY from him instead.
Good idea. I expect your horse was hungry after riding all the way from Devon.... :lol:

Andrew.
:applaud: :wave:

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1645
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by Caprifan Rob » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:56 am

Looking forward to seeing the coyote (&the horse ;) tomorrow ( if Corey doesn’t kill me on the track day today :o) .
Can’t wait to see all the cars/owners I haven’t seen & catch up with the ones I have. See you tomorrow :wave:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 6609
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Goblin Works Garage

Post by andyd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:56 am
Looking forward to seeing the coyote (&the horse ;) tomorrow ( if Corey doesn’t kill me on the track day today :o) .
Can’t wait to see all the cars/owners I haven’t seen & catch up with the ones I have. See you tomorrow :wave:
No too many jokes chaps you'll have none left for tomorrow :wave:

My mate is at Llandow today :)

Post Reply