The Flying Rug !!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

The Flying Rug !!

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

So, me and the wife decided to treat ourselves to a nice new rug for our lounge but as hard as we looked we could not find one that we liked. So onto the internet we went and found a great company called "iRugs". We seen their office was in Trafalgar Square so yep seemed a nice local company to order from. So we ordered a nice rug on Tues evening. Weds we got an email giving us details of the tracking by DHL. Thought it was a bit strange to use DHL for such a local delivery but this is the actual tracking for our rug...

Weds Jan 24th
18.58 Shipment picked up CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, USA
21.53 Processed in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina USA
21.55 Depart Facility in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina USA
23.27 Transferred through GREENSBORO, North Carolina USA
23.30 Departed facility in GREENSBORO, North Carolina USA

Thurs Jan 25th
02.33 Arrived at sort facility CINCINNATI HUB, Ohio USA
04.28 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB, Ohio USA
06.32 Departed facility in CINCINNATI HUB, Ohio USA
12.45 Customs status updated EAST MIDLANDS, UK
20.24 Clearance Processing Complete at EAST MIDLANDS, UK

Fri Jan 26th
01.08 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS, UK
02.35 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS, UK
05.12 Arrived at Delivery Facility in LONDON HEATHROW, UK
09.20 With Delivery Courier
11.50 Delivered - Signed for by Mrs Fordoholoic Nick :wave:

And we thought when we ordered this rug it was coming from a local warehouse :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe next time we might just do some more research into the company we are ordering from but tbh the service from iRugs was incredible when you think of it. We ordered it just before midnight on Tues and it had arrived before 12pm on Friday ! The detail of its journey was great to see too.Thankfully its just what we wanted cause the thought we might have to return it to CHARLOTTE, USA for a refund :o :o :o

Just had to share this with someone and no better place than amongst friends here for those of you who did not :sleepy: :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: The Flying Rug !!

Post by Paul G »

Just looked on Google maps and there is a Trafalgar Place in Charlotte. Mind you DHL got that here quicker than Ali Ba Ba could have flown it!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Paul G wrote:Just looked on Google maps and there is a Trafalgar Place in Charlotte
:lol: Nice one Paul. I just told the missus and she laughed. She thought it said Trafalgar Square ENGLAND !!
Still really impressed with the speed of delivery mate. I ordered a £4 plastic container off ebay two days before we ordered the rug and thats not arrived yet and its a uk seller !!!

Yep Ali Ba Ba would be very impressed with iRugs Paul. Not sure about the 40 Thieves though :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I can guess what you both went for .................

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: