Really?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Bug
Car(s): Some

Re: Really?

Post by Bug »

andyd wrote:
Bug wrote:
Takes me back to my RAF apprenticeship days
TYPICAL!!!
Usually around midday I am in front the front room having a well earned cuppa, but yesterday thanks to an unexpected phone call I was a little behind, and doing something else.
The Mrs suddenly shouts Quick, Quick Plane, so I got to the front door and heard it, but thanks to our neighbours 60 ft Conifer trees I couldn't see a thing :banghead: Then another came over missed that too :banghead: :banghead:

Pi**ed off, I went back in and she said did you see them they had swept back wings and one banked over and I saw the top of it.
2 Tornados about 200 yards away and probably the minimum height over countryside/villages is it 300/400 ft?

Always liked that plane, and often see one in the distance along with other military aircraft, but that's the second time I've missed them that close :crying:
250 ft is the minimum allowed over the UK. That's vertically.... I was lucky enough to get a back-seat 'jolly a few years back and can safely say the wingtips were NOT 250ft from the side of the Brecon Beacons. Bit surreal to have sheep looking in at you from above. The RAF do try to steer round villages where they can. No point upsetting too many people.
First got onto Tornado in 1985 on 617 Sqn at Marham. Absolutely loved that jet. Even after my RAF career ended I went back to continue working on them for BAES. Only just left at Xmas, cos they're coming to the end of their service and there's no more deep strip maintenance planned.
And two years ago No2 son joined up as an Airframes/Engines mechanic..... first posting? Marham; 12 Sqn; Tornado.

Bet the knob'ead who started the Ebay advert never thought it would drift off to this thread :D
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Bug wrote:
250 ft is the minimum allowed over the UK. That's vertically.... I was lucky enough to get a back-seat 'jolly a few years back and can safely say the wingtips were NOT 250ft from the side of the Brecon Beacons. Bit surreal to have sheep looking in at you from above. The RAF do try to steer round villages where they can. No point upsetting too many people.
First got onto Tornado in 1985 on 617 Sqn at Marham. Absolutely loved that jet. Even after my RAF career ended I went back to continue working on them for BAES. Only just left at Xmas, cos they're coming to the end of their service and there's no more deep strip maintenance planned.
And two years ago No2 son joined up as an Airframes/Engines mechanic..... first posting? Marham; 12 Sqn; Tornado.

Bet the knob'ead who started the Ebay advert never thought it would drift off to this thread :D
:cheers:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

20 bids now, up to £1550 and the reserve is still not met.