Next Year will be the 50th Anything Happening?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Next Year will be the 50th Anything Happening?

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Any big events coming up at all apart from the usual? Is there anything Ford are doing themselves.?
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Next Year will be the 50th Anything Happening?

Post by Paul G »

There will be a big event at Brooklands in Surrey, will post further details of when and where when it's all finalised.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: Is there anything Ford are doing themselves.?
I wouldn't have thought so.
As Paul says, Surrey Club will probably be organising a bash at Brooklands. Several of the forum chaps went to the 45th anniversary meet and it was a good day out. Plenty of Capris of all descriptions to feast your eyes on! :D

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

I would have thought CCI would have an event at Badgers Hill Worcester, and it's pretty central for everyone to get to.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

If you want to be the first to celebrate, then production actually started on 14th December 1968
So why not have a bash this year and confuse everyone ;)
ESSEXV6ESSEX

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Bug wrote:If you want to be the first to celebrate, then production actually started on 14th December 1968
So why not have a bash this year and confuse everyone ;)
I did consider that but it's far too cold and shitty in the winter, also too many will be off the road. :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

funny as my grandad had a brown mk1 Capri in 1969 and he is 94 this year I was going to try and do something for him at the Dagenham plant but he will be 95 then so I don’t want to jump the gun .
He worked at fords all his life after the 2nd world war so would be great . I will send some letters of soon and ask the ford news for ford employees if they are doing anything as the might want more then one Capri there .
But yes Iam up for the 50th birthday bash . Also I will be 50 as well (omg)
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

UPDATE:-

I've been to the Surrey Club meet tonight and the Brooklands event is on 8th September 2019. It hopefully will be a biggy as over 200 cars came to the 45th back in 2104. It will be well publicised nearer the time.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Paul G wrote:I've been to the Surrey Club meet tonight and the Brooklands event is on 8th September 2019. It hopefully will be a biggy as over 200 cars came to the 45th back in 2104. It will be well publicised nearer the time.
Yep nice one Paul. Great news that. Already had this date pencilled in fella. Can't wait mate. The 45th was a very memorable day indeed so the 50th will no doubt be even more special being the 50th ! Kris and Calvin did an amazing job organising this event back in 2014 so look forward to another stunning day out and of course to meet up with you chaps. Had a nice little convoy last time but reckon the 50th will see more members from this forum attending so we should get a bleedin good convoy going :D hopefully.

Paul do you reckon one of your Capri's might be ready to show fella ?? Be fantastic to see one of them mate but no pressure :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:Also I will be 50 as well (omg)
Hey Jason, We have quite a bit in common fella and not just our love for Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint and of course for all things Capri !! I will be 50 as well next year mate :wave: so we must get special t-shirts printed up for the extra special occasion 'young man' ! :)

But as I will be 49 when attending the Brooklands 50th as my birthday is Nov 30th so you will be needing more assistance than me mate :lol:
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Paul G wrote:I've been to the Surrey Club meet tonight and the Brooklands event is on 8th September 2019. It hopefully will be a biggy as over 200 cars came to the 45th back in 2104. It will be well publicised nearer the time.
Yep nice one Paul. Great news that. Already had this date pencilled in fella. Can't wait mate. The 45th was a very memorable day indeed so the 50th will no doubt be even more special being the 50th ! Kris and Calvin did an amazing job organising this event back in 2014 so look forward to another stunning day out and of course to meet up with you chaps. Had a nice little convoy last time but reckon the 50th will see more members from this forum attending so we should get a bleedin good convoy going :D hopefully.

Paul do you reckon one of your Capri's might be ready to show fella ?? Be fantastic to see one of them mate but no pressure :)

All the best

Nick
Nick, hopefully I'll get both the Laser and the 2.0S there if I can rope a friend into driving it down. I will probably be on marshalling duty some of the time as I've just been made Treasurer and Commitee member of the Surrey Club.

One of my tasks I've set myself is to expand the club north as there are no other dedicated Capri clubs in the area. The Surrey crowd are a lovely bunch of people and most welcoming. If the M25 isn't too bad I can make the meeting in 40 mins from High Wycombe so I will be looking to tap up people living in W. and NW.London as well as the western Home Counties to come along. I need to lean on you, John and Danny a bit harder to start with!!!!

I should have the Laser ready for the Ace this year hopefully and with everything crossed, the list is down to one side of A4 with small writing now!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote:Nick, hopefully I'll get both the Laser and the 2.0S there if I can rope a friend into driving it down. I will probably be on marshalling duty some of the time as I've just been made Treasurer and Commitee member of the Surrey Club.

One of my tasks I've set myself is to expand the club north as there are no other dedicated Capri clubs in the area. The Surrey crowd are a lovely bunch of people and most welcoming. If the M25 isn't too bad I can make the meeting in 40 mins from High Wycombe so I will be looking to tap up people living in W. and NW.London as well as the western Home Counties to come along. I need to lean on you, John and Danny a bit harder to start with!!!!

I should have the Laser ready for the Ace this year hopefully and with everything crossed, the list is down to one side of A4 with small writing now!
Hi Paul.

First up congrats on your appointment at The Surrey Club. Nice one fella. Yep have met them a couple of times now and are indeed a great bunch ! The Brooklands memorial event was a lovely day out with the Surrey Club.

Secondly thanks for the update on your Capri's Paul. Wow you have been working hard to be getting nearer to be able to say the Laser will hopefully be ready for the Ace. Be fantastic to see it/you and of course the 'S' at Brooklands next year. Well done Paul. Keep up the great work.

Thirdly, sounds like a great plan to me re tapping into the london N/NW and surrounding areas regarding the Surrey Club mate as just as you pointed out there is nothing set up at all so I for one will keep a keen interest in this mate. Only thing that hampers me is my shift pattern but even if I can only attend a few would be great.

Thanks again Paul

All the best

Nick
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I'll be there don't you worry! If I can get my GL down there as well I shall do!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Paul G wrote:UPDATE:-

I've been to the Surrey Club meet tonight and the Brooklands event is on 8th September 2019. It hopefully will be a biggy as over 200 cars came to the 45th back in 2104. It will be well publicised nearer the time.
Thanks for the update Paul. Definitely one to put in the diary!

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I will just have turned 50 on the 8th September but will bring my zimmer so you can try it out ready nick . LoL :D
Sounds like the 50th Capri bash is in the making ..... :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Do any of the above meets have camping available or are they one day wonders?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I've just noticed that the date for the 50th anniversary bash is on a Sunday. That's a shame as, if I remember correctly, the 45th anniversary gathering was on a Saturday, and was hoping that the same might be true for the 50th. Oh well, it looks like I'll have to book some time off work for the following week.
Major_Tom wrote:Do any of the above meets have camping available or are they one day wonders?
I can't say for sure, but I would be very surprised if there was any on-site camping permitted at Brooklands.

Andrew.
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've just noticed that the date for the 50th anniversary bash is on a Sunday. That's a shame as, if I remember correctly, the 45th anniversary gathering was on a Saturday, and was hoping that the same might be true for the 50th. Oh well, it looks like I'll have to book some time off work for the following week.
Major_Tom wrote:Do any of the above meets have camping available or are they one day wonders?
I can't say for sure, but I would be very surprised if there was any on-site camping permitted at Brooklands.

Andrew.
It is a one day only meeting unfortunately.
ESSEXV6ESSEX

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Good news. Ford are going to do something but its TBA.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Good news. Ford are going to do something but its TBA.
That sounds interesting and I look forward to hearing what their plans are. It would be fitting if they did something in Halewood, but a more central location would be better.

Andrew.