Next Year will be the 50th Anything Happening?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Lcnlee
Car(s): Ford capri 2.8 brooklands

Re: Next Year will be the 50th Anything Happening?

Post by Lcnlee »

There’s a Sainsbury’s just off the a3 at the Weybridge junction on the Cobham side. instead of turning left towards brook lands when you get off the a3 London bound from m25 turn right and Sainsbury’s is on the left.
Brooky Jnr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

That sounds like the meeting place as I guess peter will come up the m20 ,m26 then M25 and us will be using the m25 Dartford . And the west will be coming from the other side .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

Better still if you come off the A3 towards Brooklands & go beyond the roundabout that leads to the Members Hill, the next roundabout takes you to Tesco, which will be the better meeting point. There is a possibility of doing something there convoy wise, so we might need a volunteer to wait there for everybody to come in batches.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

2litreScapri wrote:Better still if you come off the A3 towards Brooklands & go beyond the roundabout that leads to the Members Hill, the next roundabout takes you to Tesco, which will be the better meeting point. There is a possibility of doing something there convoy wise, so we might need a volunteer to wait there for everybody to come in batches.
This sounds like a plan Kris, especially as you say we will be coming in 'batches' :lol: from different directions :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Wideboy
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Post by Wideboy »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi All,
Are there still plans to have a Laser Pagers section within the 50th anniversary event?
I seem to remember it being mentioned last year, but are there any plans afoot to meet up beforehand to convoy to the event and park together?
Yep, am deffo on for this Andrew. Should be a cracking Forum get together along with a "few" other Capris :lol: I actually have the 8th Sept off work so no need to go round begging to get it changed :woot:

There are already loads of " this is the ONE to go to " shows being posting up everywhere but I personally really want to attend Brooklands. The 45th was just so special but this year will be even more special. The thing is so many shows are being posted up as "the one to go to" but I just cannot attend them all due to work and other commitments ( the wife !!!! ) :lol:, so I will plan to get to a few for sure and then take it from there but the main one for me personally is Brooklands so I am there !!! That Dunton, Ford looks very very tasty too but need to check work for this one !
Hi Nick...I reckon South Mimms them a whizz round to Brooklands on the day
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wideboy wrote:Hi Nick...I reckon South Mimms them a whizz round to Brooklands on the day
:agree: We have met up here en route to shows before so yep as you say reckon SM is a perfect place to meet up in our group then nip around to meet the rest somewhere near Brooklands. Kris has a good plan to assemble everyone just up the road from Members Hill to convoy in together but we may even meet up with the West Country forum chaps beforehand for a convoy to another convoy :lol: :lol: There's gonna be a lot of Capris on the road on Brooklands Day. Going to be proper cracking !!
Lcnlee

Post by Lcnlee »

Im happy to meet any convoys coming up the a3 from the south, if there is anyone taking tjat route just let me know where to be and what time.
Brooky Jnr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Lcnlee wrote:Im happy to meet any convoys coming up the a3 from the south, if there is anyone taking tjat route just let me know where to be and what time.
Reckon you wont be alone Lee :lol:

I remember the 45th at Brooklands. There were over 200 capris that day. Quite alot of Capris all driving to the same place !! The 50th is gonna be even bigger !!! Be great to see you and that wonderful 280 of yours again. If you aint changed the rubber pedals pads since you took ownership from your Dad then they are the ones I sent him. Hope you have kept them clean. I will be checking :lol:

It will be great to meet you and of course catch up with your Dad at the 50th. Thats a lovely Capri you have mate. Its really great its stayed in the family :)

All the best Lee

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: we may even meet up with the West Country forum chaps beforehand for a convoy to another convoy :lol:
Where did we meet last time? That worked out well.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Best and quickest route from Devon is A303/M3 and M25

I think nearer the time, a list of everyone attending would be a good idea so we know who to wait for at certain meeting points.
Lcnlee

Post by Lcnlee »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Lcnlee wrote:Im happy to meet any convoys coming up the a3 from the south, if there is anyone taking tjat route just let me know where to be and what time.
Reckon you wont be alone Lee :lol:

I remember the 45th at Brooklands. There were over 200 capris that day. Quite alot of Capris all driving to the same place !! The 50th is gonna be even bigger !!! Be great to see you and that wonderful 280 of yours again. If you aint changed the rubber pedals pads since you took ownership from your Dad then they are the ones I sent him. Hope you have kept them clean. I will be checking :lol:

It will be great to meet you and of course catch up with your Dad at the 50th. Thats a lovely Capri you have mate. Its really great its stayed in the family :)

All the best Lee

Nick
Yep there still on it. don't worry they will be clean going to drive up in my slippers to keep them clean en route lol, I cant' wait for this one, brooklands is probably my favourite venue for car shows will be good. I put up the new building there opposite the Concorde and loved it when they had car auctions, one of the staff used to come and get me so i could go and have a look what was up for sale and sit in a few, no wonder the job ran over lol.
Brooky Jnr
Lcnlee

Post by Lcnlee »

andyd wrote:Best and quickest route from Devon is A303/M3 and M25

I think nearer the time, a list of everyone attending would be a good idea so we know who to wait for at certain meeting points.
Lol quickest and M25 should never be used in the same sentence. :lol:
Brooky Jnr
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Lcnlee wrote:

What was I thinking :doh:

More worrying what time do I have to leave home :sleepy: :sleepy:
Lcnlee

Post by Lcnlee »

andyd wrote:
Lcnlee wrote:

What was I thinking :doh:

More worrying what time do I have to leave home :sleepy: :sleepy:

If your using M25 the day before lol
Brooky Jnr
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

Post by 2litreScapri »

218 Capris at the 45th to be precise, with over 1000 visitors. We are aiming for over 250 & I'm really wanting over 300. For those familiar to the layout the new Finishing Straight area is mostly where the Capris will go, right up to the bottom of the banking area How & where we put everyone, that is on the other hand, a logistical nightmare!

I am wanting to release some more info for the day, but our club committee hasn't fully decided on all details as yet. Some people wanted to do Test Hill, but this may be off course due to the sheer cost involved. In order to make enough money back to pay for it each person interested would be paying £50 or more for 3 runs, and that's providing they have the ground clearance & time. Decisions like this have got to be made by the committee. An official announcement will be made.

What we do know is that our 50th anniversary artwork has been approved & we will be having stickers made, along with clothing. I'm thinking if anybody wants to get preorders in, please private message me with your sizes & what sort of clothing you would like (Tshirts, polo shirt etc). Then when it's ready for release I can let you know & sort out payments & details.

Forward planning never does anyone any harm!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

2litreScapri wrote:218 Capris at the 45th to be precise, with over 1000 visitors. We are aiming for over 250 & I'm really wanting over 300. For those familiar to the layout the new Finishing Straight area is mostly where the Capris will go, right up to the bottom of the banking area How & where we put everyone, that is on the other hand, a logistical nightmare!

I am wanting to release some more info for the day, but our club committee hasn't fully decided on all details as yet. Some people wanted to do Test Hill, but this may be off course due to the sheer cost involved. In order to make enough money back to pay for it each person interested would be paying £50 or more for 3 runs, and that's providing they have the ground clearance & time. Decisions like this have got to be made by the committee. An official announcement will be made.

What we do know is that our 50th anniversary artwork has been approved & we will be having stickers made, along with clothing. I'm thinking if anybody wants to get preorders in, please private message me with your sizes & what sort of clothing you would like (Tshirts, polo shirt etc). Then when it's ready for release I can let you know & sort out payments & details.

Forward planning never does anyone any harm!
Hi Kris

Thanks very much for the update mate. All sounds very exciting indeed !! Yep amazing turnout at the 45th. I knew it was over 200 and in my head was trying to think around the 217 mark so not a bad guess if I include myself :lol: :lol: Would be stunning to get over 250 and even 300 WOW !!!!!!!

How cool will it be to be parked up on the Finishing Straight !!! Have not seen the new layout yet. Must check it out online. What a fabulous sight this will be. Better buy extra raffle tickets to win my spot :wave: :lol:

Kris the fact you are organising clothing to mark this amazing event is great. Must take alot of work to get this done. Well done and thanks !! I will be in touch with you either here or via fb mate. This is a massive event you chaps at The Surrey Capri Club are putting on for us. Total respect fella ! If I can help with anything just give me a shout. I am willing to park B112 on the front row of the line up on Finishing Straight if this helps. I dont mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again Kris to all you guys for all your hard work organising this amazing event :applaud:

All the best Kris

Nick