Salvage Hunters Classic Cars

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Salvage Hunters Classic Cars

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Paul G wrote:I saw it for the first and last time last night. What an obnoxious :wank: that Drew is. All he said was me me me and I I I. Horrible little poisoned dwarf.
Wow Paul! :shock: Did he sell you some antique furniture that later turned out to be reproduction or something? :lol:

Andrew.
Or a couple of old stools maybe :lol: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:I wouldn't want to appear on T/V as the buyer anyway.
No, nor me. Although if you believe what you read on the internet, a similar show has been known to use production crew to pose as the buyer and/or seller.....

Andrew.
That's the WD rumour.....
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Paul G wrote:I saw it for the first and last time last night. What an obnoxious :wank: that Drew is. All he said was me me me and I I I. Horrible little poisoned dwarf.
Wow Paul! :shock: Did he sell you some antique furniture that later turned out to be reproduction or something? :lol:

Andrew.
If you ask any of the people on here that know me I'm sure they will say that I'm a fairly laid back easy going sort of person but I'm afraid Drew came over to me as being too much of "the big I am". I try not to be judgemental of people that I haven't met but what I saw through my TV screen was for me enough to come to the conclusion that I did. I have an intense dislike of arrogance and people with a heightened sense of self importance - it's not necessary and after all we all have to eat our breakfast and take a dump in the morning whoever we are. I know he was supposidly financing the restorations and "he who pays the piper calls the tune" but there are ways to do that and ways not to.

As for the furniture I could hardly tell the difference between Chippendale and Ikea so anyone could rook me with that!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I'm sorry if I caused you any offence Paul, I was merely attempting to be humorous...

I think your assessment of the chap is spot on.....in my first post I too referred to him as arrogant.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Andrew - you could never cause me any offence! By saying "you" I meant anyone reading the post.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime when I've got one of mine on the road as well hoping to meet some of the other regulars on here before long.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny how we all love cars but there seems plonkers doing the tv shows accept good old Edd China but today I did laugh as a friends wife said that she could not stick draw and that he has been playing away from home and got punched in the face from the husband who even looks like draw but a bit taller , they ended up in court .

Here’s the link
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... d-13727819

So I wonder if his old woman has given him a push and he is now living in a old piece of antique furniture ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Funny how we all love cars but there seems plonkers doing the tv shows accept good old Edd China but today I did laugh as a friends wife said that she could not stick draw and that he has been playing away from home and got punched in the face from the husband who even looks like draw but a bit taller , they ended up in court .

Here’s the link
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... d-13727819

So I wonder if his old woman has given him a push and he is now living in a old piece of antique furniture ?
If this story is accurate, then the £480 and £960 fines must have been worth every penny for putting Drew on his ass.......
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

I watched this show today...... Personally I liked it, as it was a good choice of cars.

The GTi needed the right wheels fitting and the back spoiler changing, but apart from that I thought it was a good restoration. And I thought they were spot on with the colour change on the Lotus. Both turned out good value classics for the buyers IMO.

Look forward to seeing what they do in the future.
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Keep missing it. Is it on catch up? Interested to see how different it is to wheeler dealers. Can’t stand mike brewer!
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:The name of the show is not mentioned in the listing, although the timing of the condition that the buyer must appear on camera within four weeks seems to be spot on. It also seems a coincidence that we are talking about a man called Drew Pritchard and the seller on Ebay is dp_classics.

Andrew.
It all fits like a jigsaw :) They didn't show the buyer though :?

2 other cars from the upcoming episodes in their other items.

I thought DP meant something completely different :o :lol:
They also have a website https://www.dpclassics.co.uk/
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:They also have a website https://www.dpclassics.co.uk/
There's not much for sale on it.
Although that mono wheeled trailer in the sold section looks very interesting, I've never seen one of those before.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
sheff wrote:They also have a website https://www.dpclassics.co.uk/
There's not much for sale on it.
Although that mono wheeled trailer in the sold section looks very interesting, I've never seen one of those before.

Andrew.
Strange trailer :?

I like the enclosed trailer too in the delivery section. I could have done with that a few times!
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Watched episode 2 today.......... Mini Cooper and a Porsche 928, nice cars and again I liked the restorations. Shame they couldn't have stretched to some wheel center caps for the Mini :?

The chap selling the Mini was a fellow scooter fan of Drew's. Funny how this effected me as within a few hours of seeing the show I felt the need to buy my next toy, so I did :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote: Funny how this effected me as within a few hours of seeing the show I felt the need to buy my next toy, so I did :D
I think a photo could be in order here Neil! :)

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
sheff wrote: Funny how this effected me as within a few hours of seeing the show I felt the need to buy my next toy, so I did :D
I think a photo could be in order here Neil! :)

Andrew.
Its not very exciting Andrew...The chap across the road from me was moving to Scotland today. I popped in to say goodbye and he handed me a set of keys to look after for his little Vespa 50 until he could arrange to have it picked up in a few weeks. After a brief discussion it was decided I had to have it just for a bit of fun in the summer, then sell it on!

There's a photo on my Flickr account, but I can't get on flickr from the computer I'm on at the moment. I'll put a photo up tomorrow, but like I say its just a fun thing. Been looking at 70cc conversions today :burnout: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote: I'll put a photo up tomorrow, but like I say its just a fun thing.
Hi Neil,
It's always good to see photos of boys toys! :)

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I've just watched the Mini/928 episode and thought it was quite good. I know that some people like to see the restoration work in depth, but I feel that the show has a good mix of buying, resto and selling details. Notice that when Drew buys parts for the Mini, there isn't any silly fake-for-camera blagging......
Another thing I've noticed is that, unlike WD, I think that the labour cost is factored in. I'm surprised at how low they price the finished cars, with not that much mark up. With the Mini, for example, they were aiming for £1.5K profit and achieved £2K.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Will watch Ep2 tonight :)
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've just watched the Mini/928 episode and thought it was quite good. I know that some people like to see the restoration work in depth, but I feel that the show has a good mix of buying, resto and selling details. Notice that when Drew buys parts for the Mini, there isn't any silly fake-for-camera blagging......
Another thing I've noticed is that, unlike WD, I think that the labour cost is factored in. I'm surprised at how low they price the finished cars, with not that much mark up. With the Mini, for example, they were aiming for £1.5K profit and achieved £2K.

Andrew.
I was a bit surprised how much they think the 928 is worth! I should have bought a few of those a couple of years back when they were only £5K or £6K for a good one! Yeah it would be nice to see more of the work undertaken but I guess they feel most viewers aren't that interested :( Thought you might have enjoyed the metal polishing bit Andrew :D
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Just watched this tonight. I enjoyed it. I like 928's but as already said I can't believe how much they have gone up in price but then everything has. I thought that mini was far too expensive, I know heritage sell bodyahells but I bet your bottom dollar it's not a heritage shell that's been used and will end actually being a 1987 Mayfair or something, lack of detail on the hinges etc make it a bitsa car to me, nice colour though.
andyd

Post by andyd »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:Just watched this tonight. I enjoyed it. I like 928's but as already said I can't believe how much they have gone up in price but then everything has. I thought that mini was far too expensive, I know heritage sell bodyahells but I bet your bottom dollar it's not a heritage shell that's been used and will end actually being a 1987 Mayfair or something, lack of detail on the hinges etc make it a bitsa car to me, nice colour though.
:agree: Still watchable though.
If they did one car each show it would be better imo.

The trimmer John is the same chap they often used on Car SOS.....