Seen "tejb1" in his Capri today...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Seen "tejb1" in his Capri today...

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi.

As title there I was sitting on my bus on the bus stand at Muswell Hill and glanced up to see Tom drive past. He had seen me so he only went and found somewhere to park up and came back over to say hello. Nice one Tom. Was great to finally talk to you. Shame I did not have the time to see your Capri up close but it looked bleedin lovely when you drove past :)

I do love the colour of Toms Capri. Think he said before that Corsican Blue is the correct name. Stunning colour !

Anyway as said was great not only to see Tom in his Capri but also to have a brief chat to him too. Be great if he can tag along to one of the shows next year. His car is deffo worth showing !

Put a big :D on my face !

All the best

Nick
Last edited by Fordoholic Nick on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Seen "tejb1" in his Capri today...

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: glanced up to see Tim drive past. He had seen me so he only went and found somewhere to park up and came back over to say hello. Nice one Tom.
He must have found time to change his name by deed poll after parking! :lol:

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:He must have found time to change his name by deed poll after parking! :lol:
:lol: Thanks Andrew I have amended this error mate. You are very observant Andreas :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

Nick's face was a bit of a picture when I headed over to the bus stand - a brief moment of "why's this odd chap trying to catch a bus that isn't on service yet" before realising!

Also, it'll shock everyone to learn that his double decker isn't polished with Autoglym!! I can't believe it!

Good to chat briefly Nick and hopefully catch you next year as you suggested!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

tejb1 wrote: it'll shock everyone to learn that his double decker isn't polished with Autoglym!! I can't believe it
I'd be amazed if there isn't the odd bit of Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint here and there.... :D

Have you posted any photos of your Capri on here yet? I've had a quick search but can't seem to find any.It sounds really good from Nick's description and I'd love to see it.

Andrew.
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

I haven't done yet, I kept on putting it off till I'd sorted a couple of bits out but as I was saying a while ago we're a lot more critical of our own cars than anyone else's I think, as you know all the faults/less tidy bits that others don't notice!

I'm going out tomorrow so I'll get a few photos then and post them up!

Mildly concerned as somebody has cut off the padlock to the main gate of the garage block that it's parked in last night. The garage itself is secure but there's a big gate at the entrance to the block which means people can't get into the area unless they have a garage there. Fingers crossed, it is just vandals or someone who didn't get get key when the lock as changed last year, but it does make you worry. As I discovered for myself when I had to get the car recovered last month, it's a pain in the arse to get it out when it won't move, let alone without keys!