Antifteeze

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Alanb67
Car(s): Ford capri 1.6L

Antifteeze

Postby Alanb67 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 am

I changed my antifreeze last week but when i took it a run this morning the radiator was overflowing at the cap with fluid. Do i have an air lock. If so how do I bleed the system....thanks.

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Antifteeze

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Alan I know its obvious but have you checked the rad cap is good and on proper and tight. I had similar couple of years back and cap was not on right even though I thought it was. Are you deffo its leaking from the cap and not the top hose or expansion hose connection ?? Jubilee clips all tight and proper ?? Surely the coolant would not leak from the cap if its a good one and on proper and tight ? Any faults with rad ?? Crack ?? Hope you get it sorted.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....

Re: Antifteeze

Postby D366Y » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Unless your expansion tank is also full to the brim, I can't think of any reason why its coming out of the top of the rad, apart from the suggestions Nick has already made... Sounds like a loose rad cap to me as well, if not then check the rest of Nick's suggestions and if it still happens let us know :)

Return to “Rant and Rave”