Heater Control cables

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Heater Control cables

Post by Paul G »

After 2 hours on Saturday and again yesterday, I've tonight finally got the bloody heater cables reconnected to the heater box. What a bugger of a job, especially when you are my bulk and have sausage fingers even though I'd removed the seat and the steering wheel.

The heater box was out of the car when I bought it so I thought I'd get away with it, but message to self and anyone else removing or refitting a heater box - remove the slider assembly and cables at the same time and fit them back on the heater box before refitting it all.

I honestly invented new swear words and could have burned the bloody car several times! :drama: :banghead: :swear:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Heater Control cables

Post by Jasonmarie »

I did a heater box way back 1988 ish when I was 10 stone lighter and could move my back and legs when hanging upside down .
So I take my hat of to you sir .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

That's how I always do that job. I would never fit the heater without having the cables in place and checked out to make sure that they're working properly.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Caprigear wrote:That's how I always do that job. I would never fit the heater without having the cables in place and checked out to make sure that they're working properly.
One lives and learns!

The worst heater matrix I have ever done was an Opel Monza with aircon. F**king nightmare! Why can't they all be like a Mk4 Cortina?
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Imagine having the heater/blower and dash out of a modern car? They did one on The Garage once, can't remember the car, but it took something like a week.
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

pbar wrote:Imagine having the heater/blower and dash out of a modern car? They did one on The Garage once, can't remember the car, but it took something like a week.
The Monza took me well over 2 days and what was worse was it was a warranty job so I didn't earn anything out of doing it either!