Gutted for the owner of this Capri :(

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
skozra
Car(s): 1993 Volvo 240 Estate, 01 Subaru Impreza WRX Saloon, 86 Capri 2.8i (fitted with weber 38 carb) and an Audi A1

Gutted for the owner of this Capri :(

Post by skozra »

hopefully it can be fixed, at 1 min 40 secs :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPObHOr ... e=youtu.be
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Gutted for the owner of this Capri :(

Post by Paul G »

Ouch - that hurt.

Watched the rest and it just shows how many muppets there are on the roads today.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Paul G wrote:Ouch - that hurt.
:crying: :crying:
Painful to watch!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Oh dear, it looked like a fairly big hit.
Hopefully the Capri can still be restored to it's former glory.

Andrew.
tejb1
Car(s): -V Capri 1.6L (under restoration)
W- Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Estate
03 Focus 1.6

Post by tejb1 »

A reminder, if ever one were needed, about the importance of good insurance - however good a driver you are you can't account for all the idiots on the road!
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I love these dash cam / car crash videos. It really demonstrates how you have to have absolute concentration at all times.. just coz its your priority or a green light doesn't mean its safe. And some of the innocents caught up in one guy's accident are really sobering.

One thing I've noticed is the air bags going off and blasting the driver's hands off the steering wheel and / or stunning them.. it takes what seems like forever for some vehicles to be brought back under control sometimes. And some of the Russian dash cams are astonishing... there's no seat belt wearing mentality so when someone has an accident, or just swerves violently, they get flung out of the driver's seat and you can see there's nobody at the bloody controls! Scary stuff.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Major_Tom wrote:I love these dash cam / car crash videos. It really demonstrates how you have to have absolute concentration at all times.. just coz its your priority or a green light doesn't mean its safe. And some of the innocents caught up in one guy's accident are really sobering.

One thing I've noticed is the air bags going off and blasting the driver's hands off the steering wheel and / or stunning them.. it takes what seems like forever for some vehicles to be brought back under control sometimes. And some of the Russian dash cams are astonishing... there's no seat belt wearing mentality so when someone has an accident, or just swerves violently, they get flung out of the driver's seat and you can see there's nobody at the bloody controls! Scary stuff.
Someone I knew died because of a loss of control caused by bloody airbags. They are a deadly hazard once they have deployed - the absolute and total opposite of a safety device. A relatively minor knock against a parked car set off the airbags causing the driver to panic and hit the accelerator. The car took off across the road and ended going part of the way through the wall of a house opposite, further down the same road. The passenger was twisted round in her seat at the point of (2nd) impact trying to wrestle control of the steering wheel. No air bags to help of course now, they were there to hinder, obscure vision and cause shock to ensure a much worse accident. The damage caused to both her spinal column and internal organs resulted in her death after months of hospitalisation. Fuck airbags