Got B112 out for a spin today....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Got B112 out for a spin today....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Been so busy recently I have not been able to get down to the garage for about ten days...a very stressful time for me !!!! But this evening just before dark I managed to get B112 out for a quick spin....could not resist a couple of pics to mark the occasion :) The last decent drive it had was way back when I went to Battlesbridge with John. Managed a quick drive couple of week ago but that's it ! Been on very tiring work shifts and every rest day I have had from work the missus has had plans for us....which is nice tbh and she does let me play with my Capri most of the time so cant moan too much I suppose. Anyway a couple of snaps...

Image20170926_183812 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Image20170926_183809 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

I really do like the crystal clear quad lights John set up for me a while back...and I still have a second "appointment" with him to rig up all four dipped beam to go with the sides :D I will definitely be driving it through the winter this year as much as I can...weather permitting :lol:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Got B112 out for a spin today....

Post by Jasonmarie »

As normal she’s looking good I had some work done today at home and had to move mine and ended up going for a drive as it was so nice , but MOT next week at Tickover and will be getting ready to put her to bed for the winter . I will also sorn . I might even give her a small wash as the last wash I gave my car was before the CCI in May .

Just hope it does not rain next week .

Also I do like them lights I might put John on my Xmas List ? :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Looking good Nick! Really liking those lights, want some, they really suit the car & look great as a foursome 8-)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:As normal she’s looking good I had some work done today at home and had to move mine and ended up going for a drive as it was so nice , but MOT next week at Tickover and will be getting ready to put her to bed for the winter . I will also sorn . I might even give her a small wash as the last wash I gave my car was before the CCI in May .

Just hope it does not rain next week .

Also I do like them lights I might put John on my Xmas List ? :beer:
Thanks Jason. Good luck with the MOT for next week fella but am sure everything will be ok. You will miss driving your Capri when you sorn it for the winter. I cant bring myself to do this as even though it will be bleedin freezing theres nothing like a drive on a crisp winters morning to warm up the cockles :lol:
Caprifan Rob wrote:Looking good Nick! Really liking those lights, want some, they really suit the car & look great as a foursome 8-)
Cheers Rob. Nice one mate. Yep the more I see the lights the more I wait till dusk to bring B112 out for a drive just so I can turn my quads on :wave: John has a kit set up to install so i can get all four dips to go with the four side and main which will give me four of everything :D Reckon this is one of the best mods I done to the capri that imo makes the car actually look better too. As i said before cant understand why Ford in their wisdom did not decide to make use of all four lights....

If you decide to go "quad" you wont regret it Rob

All the best chaps

Nick
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

You have got me thinking again Nick as your right that sun on a winter days the roads are quite and just going for a drive with a big smile on my face , yes I might not sorn just in case I get that Capri feeling I need to drive .

I did go out one early Monday morning for a drive it was 3am and I could not sleep In March I ended up in whistable near the sea but I woke my wife who thought I was mad and that my exhaust sound must have woke up the neighbours .
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Jasonmarie wrote:I did go out one early Monday morning for a drive it was 3am and I could not sleep In March I ended up in whistable near the sea
Actually sounds incredibly romantic (as in romance of motoring).
Wonder how far I could get from Twickenham at 3am?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

My worry was being pulled over as who sees a Capri at 3am also going down the M2 with no traffic my foot was a little bit to hard on the old girl . But I would say everybody should do it as out of all my trips I loved going down to Cornwall in the late 80s in my Capri to visit my wife now in the early hours . And stopping at Stonehenge on the A303 for a wee , fag , and tea .
You can’t even park up to Stonehenge now . And I don’t smoke any more .

Might have to do a spring early morning road trip , I notice in the USA they have breakfast meet ups and it’s all over at 10am on a Saturday morning . Or a few of us meet up and do the early run to that Bristol meet ? That will have to be a early start .

See it’s that nick again putting thoughts in all our minds .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
Your car looks superb, as always!
The twin sidelights really do look amazing, that conversion is definitely worth doing. Well, it's definitely worth getting John to do it..... :D
I'm still hoping I'll be able to inspect it in person at Queen Square sometime.

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Jasonmarie wrote:I did go out one early Monday morning for a drive it was 3am and I could not sleep In March I ended up in whistable near the sea but I woke my wife who thought I was mad and that my exhaust sound must have woke up the neighbours .
:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant story Jason....love it !!
Did you bring your missus back a stick of Whitstable rock fella...sorry the shops would have been closed of course :lol:

I once came in from work at 3am after a late shift on the buses. It was a very cold winters night but I just had the urge to go out for a drive in B112. The missus was staying over with her parents as I was working so late. I quietly opened the garage door but am sure the sound of me starting it up inside the garage echoed around the place and I was afraid someone would think I was a robber nicking my Capri :lol:
Anyway off I drove up towards the M25 to give it a good run and was thinking to myself what a great idea to bring it out so late when I had the roads pretty much to myself......little did I know......I pulled onto the M25 then suddenly hit a wall off the thickest dense fog I ever driven in. I was shitting myself as I could barely see the end of my bonnet :shock: What started as a nice winters 'middle of the night' drive suddenly became a fight for survival :lol: Managed to get to the next junction then spun around and returned back along the M25 in the fog to exit at original point of entry and finally 1/2 mile later I was out of the fog. Jeepers my late night drive did not seem a like good idea after this.... :oops:

Anyway got back home about 4am and the car was soaking wet from the dew/fog so had to dry it off before closing up the garage.... :banghead: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Your car looks superb, as always!
The twin sidelights really do look amazing, that conversion is definitely worth doing. Well, it's definitely worth getting John to do it..... :D
Thanks Andrew :)
Mate even with just the side lights they look great. As it stands I can get dipped beams on outer with the inners as side which in itself still looks brilliant but the chance to get all four dipped beams is even better. John has already done this 'full quad' conversion to his Special and they look absolutely stunning ! I been trying to get some time to meet up with John recently but if its not been one thing its been another and have not had the chance yet but John the true gent he is, has the kit all ready to rock'n'roll and install. Before this I want to replace the old headlight backing plates with the nos ones I bought recently. Again its been finding the time to do this...but I will so watch this space :wave:

All the best chaps

Nick
Bracey
Car(s): 2.8 injection

Post by Bracey »

Hey Nick, your car looks stunning as ever and I really like the light conversion. Any chance of a how too?
I will definitely be driving it through the winter this year as much as I can...weather permitting :lol:
:agree:

Dan
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bracey wrote:Hey Nick, your car looks stunning as ever and I really like the light conversion. Any chance of a how too?
Hi Dan,

Thanks very much for your kind words mate. Much appreciated.

Fella, John (taff50ish) kindly sorted my lights for me as I am not so good with things like this so I left it to the expert ! I watched but the wiring side of things went a bit over my head I am afraid. John did kindly try to run through what he did but I would not trust myself to replicate it correctly but I will try to persuade John to post up a proper "how to" thread at some stage. Sorry its not too detailed but here is the link...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51401

All the best Dan

Nick
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi all,

Been so busy recently
Nick
That reminded me that I haven't driven my 2.0 for a while either. Much like yours though it doesn't really notice :lol:

ImageDSCF3615 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3616 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3617 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Goodness Peter, that looks like a "barn find"!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

How long have you left that peter ? As I bet she needs a really good run and wash .
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Jasonmarie wrote:How long have you left that peter ? As I bet she needs a really good run and wash .
Only since May - looks longer! The shelter keeps the rain off but seems to trap everything else :(
It will be on the road again soon as I park the 2.8 for winter.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Peter,
It's a bit early to be decorating the inside of your car with fake cobwebs. Halloween isn't until the end of the month...... :)

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:That reminded me that I haven't driven my 2.0 for a while either. Much like yours though it doesn't really notice :lol:

ImageDSCF3615 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3616 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCF3617 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Hey Peter, I don't mind dust at all fella. Enough of it forms a great protective layer against.....dust :lol: :lol: :lol: ... :sorry:

Seriously though Peter great that your Laser will get a run out through the winter. I was just thinking that it would be great if you can attend and bring one of your Capris to the Deal Show next year mate. Of course I hope it will be the Laser as I have not seen this yet but seeing your 2.8i again will be great too. Cant believe I am getting excited about this already but it was a brilliant show :)

All the best Peter

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote:It's a bit early to be decorating the inside of your car with fake cobwebs. Halloween isn't until the end of the month...... :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq6pekM6sZQ
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

I can confirm that such cobwebs only take 3 weeks to form.. I only use my Merc once a Month and I always get them!
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Great looking cars Peter... and don't worry about the dust.. a nice bit of grime makes them run better!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.