Sounds worrying!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Sounds worrying!

Post by Peter-S »

Noticed this Halfords product recall on weld through primer. Obviously a precaution but it says
"If you have bought this product you are urged not to handle, touch or move it" :shock:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Sounds worrying!

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Crikey!
As it happens, I saw two chaps returning some to Halfords just this morning.....

Andrew.
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

Thank god it wasn't the dark grey vinyl paint that was affected :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Is Nick Ok as I am sure he has all the Halfords range in his garage :-) :cheers:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I had a can of this on the shelf. Phoned Halfords customer services and they gave me a phone number for the manufacturers. The manufacturers told me that my tin was one of the dodgy ones and to carefully remove it from my kitchen table, where I had put it whilst phoning them. The company are sending out a hazardous waste company to collect it and told me to put it somewhere where if it went off it wouldn't hurt anyone or make too much mess.

It's now in the coal bunker with bubble wrap around it.

It was more than half used but they are sending me a brand new full tin so every cloud has a silver lining doesn't it.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Update to my previous post.

Two gents from the manufacturer of the primer turned up at my house today to pick up the used tin. They told me it is all because one tin in the batch exploded when someone picked it up in the shop but as a result they are trying to call in all of the tins in the batch.

Big bonus - they gave me four brand new tins in exchange so I'm OK for weld through primer for the next 10 years!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

It might be worth scouring the shops for another of the 'faulty' ones Paul, if they will swap four more for it every time!