Aldi Compressor - Opinions?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Aldi Compressor - Opinions?

Post by pbar »

Aldi have a new compressor for sale, just wondering what you think as I don't have a great deal of experience with these -

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-2-5hp-a ... gKuF_D_BwE
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: Aldi Compressor - Opinions?

Post by sheff »

Loads of people I know have one of these and they all say "I don't know how I coped without it in the past".
I know they are cheap and it won't break the bank, but I can't say I have ever come across a problem that needs a compressor to solve it. And I just don't have the space to keep something that won't get used.

All the best
Neil
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Workzone stuff is bloody good value for the money. That compressor would be great just to have in the garage to use as and when, certainly beats the shit out of using a foot pump!
pbar

Post by pbar »

Caprigear wrote:Workzone stuff is bloody good value for the money. That compressor would be great just to have in the garage to use as and when, certainly beats the shit out of using a foot pump!
Thank you both for the replies :) How about spray painting with that compressor though, be ok do we think? I believe that it is 9.5cfm, 24 litre tank.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

You could get decent results using a HVLP gun and it would be as lot better than fannying around with aerosol cans.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Can't argue with that Martin! :)
pbar

Post by pbar »

Well I bought this, and it seems a very decent piece of kit. I certainly couldn't find one elsewhere of this type with higher specs. or at this price. I also bought the accessory kit which they have at the moment which includes spray guns etc. Will look forward to using it, my car may end up as several shades of red but who cares, I shall be having fun :)
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

pbar wrote:Well I bought this, and it seems a very decent piece of kit. I certainly couldn't find one elsewhere of this type with higher specs. or at this price. I also bought the accessory kit which they have at the moment which includes spray guns etc. Will look forward to using it, my car may end up as several shades of red but who cares, I shall be having fun :)
Looks very good value, enjoy Paul :)
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Ive bought one plus their 10metre airline & the accessory kit with a top loading spray gun, tyre inflater etc. A mate in the motor trade looked at it the other day and said it is the type of kit a general repair garage would use to paint panels they had fitted or repaired.

He said it would be up to the job of painting a whole side of a car at one go so long as you wait for the tank to fill before starting to paint and give it a couple of short pauses to ensure the compressor maintains the pressure in the tank.
pbar

Post by pbar »

That's excellent, and good to know, thanks for posting the info. I bought that accessory kit too :)