Cars That Rock - New Series

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Cars That Rock - New Series

Post by pbar »

New series of this show is on soon, starts 28th Sep on Quest.

Brian Johnson has been surprisingly good presenting this, very enjoyable. I'd much rather he was also still fronting AC/DC though instead of Axl Rose.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Cars That Rock - New Series

Post by Caprifan Rob »

pbar wrote:New series of this show is on soon, starts 28th Sep on Quest.
Cheers Paul, another one for the series link.
pbar wrote:Brian Johnson has been surprisingly good presenting this, very enjoyable. I'd much rather he was also still fronting AC/DC though instead of Axl Rose.
Me too :agree:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Thank you Rob. Yes, yet another car show on TV to fill up the 'tape' :) Quest is a really good channel , I find myself watching it more and more.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

I have seen this advertised too, looks good :)

I wish Bon Scott was still with AC/DC :( But Brian did a great job, considering the big boots he had to fill.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Yes the Bon Scott years were great, they did some superb albums, I like them all a lot. As they did when Brian joined of course, including the biggest ever selling album by a group, can't ask for more than that!

Little known fact - Noddy Holder from Slade was asked to join AC/DC as Bon's replacement. But he declined to stay with Slade.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:Yes the Bon Scott years were great, they did some superb albums, I like them all a lot. As they did when Brian joined of course, including the biggest ever selling album by a group, can't ask for more than that!

Little known fact - Noddy Holder from Slade was asked to join AC/DC as Bon's replacement. But he declined to stay with Slade.
Back In Black was great, as were the previous albums.

I didn't know that or have forgotton, but think Noddy did the right thing.....

Gary Holton (Auf Weidershen Pet and Heavy Metal Kids) was also offered to front AC/DC at that time.
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:
Gary Holton (Auf Weidershen Pet and Heavy Metal Kids) was also offered to front AC/DC at that time.
I remember seeing him and his band on The Tube I think it was. Shame what happened to him in the end.