On holiday and have Capri blues

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

On holiday and have Capri blues

Post by Jasonmarie »

So Iam away with the family and today we were visiting friends on Dartmoor in Devon and the first thing I got was I thought you would have the Capri with you as well . ( o m g why did I not bring the Capri I thought )
Do any other members take there cars away with them as the stuff my wife brings I would never get in the Capri also she is going shopping to Treago mills and she comes back with carpets and Xmas gifts but I could have been going around the moors with the Capri .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: On holiday and have Capri blues

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:So Iam away with the family....in Devon
Hey Andy, you've got some more grockles down there.......you'd better chew some straw and sit on a dry stone wall in case you need to give some directions! :lol:

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes my wife is Cornish and I have laughed about the other link on here about Devon and Cornwall and the locals down here are a bit strange . And I will say my wife tells me off about my good old English / Essex / Kent cockney accent all the time I also tell the kids she was born on a tractor as the mother in law was picking turnips . Does not go down well .
The driving around here is like you meet the old people who have never been out there village and only use the car to go to church . Then the young kids who really think that the A30 or A38 is a motorway with loads of mind that tractor signs .

Will say I have a £10 bet going with the kids as first to spot a Capri down here . Loads of VW campers and stags also a very nice DB6 Aston martin . Our friends have wifi till 12.00 midnight then there is no electric till 6am as the generator goes of . And they have real milk that comes from a cow funny as I think that's what I get in sainsbury .
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Jasonmarie wrote:Do any other members take there cars away with them as.
Hi Jason. I used to bring my previous Laser away all the time and yep the wife used to bring a ridiculous amount of 'supplies' that really weighed it down. Was great to drive it through little villages as it always attracted lots of attention to my wifes dismay :lol: I brought it away for a few lads weekends too which was a laugh. Three strapping lads and me squeezed in...but being lads we only took a change of clothes and a toothbrush !!

I did take B112 AAT away with the wife a few years back to a caravan park down Sussex way and it bleedin pissed down the whole week ! I did not sleep a wink the whole week what with the worry of the rain and it being parked up in an unlit dodgy carpark !! But driving it on the fabulous coast roads was superb and kinda made up for the worry...ish....and as for the sea salt.... :shock:

Jason enjoy your holiday fella. Your friends place on Dartmoor sounds very cool indeed but jeepers no electric or wi-fi after midnight ! And milk from 'real' cows that actually go "Moo"... Who are these people ?? Dont get the Ouija board and candles out whatever you do mate :lol:

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote:So Iam away with the family....in Devon
Hey Andy, you've got some more grockles down there.......you'd better chew some straw and sit on a dry stone wall in case you need to give some directions! :lol:

Andrew.
http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/9047504/620 ... enshot.jpg
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:So Iam away with the family and today we were visiting friends on Dartmoor in Devon and the first thing I got was I thought you would have the Capri with you as well . ( o m g why did I not bring the Capri I thought )
Do any other members take there cars away with them as the stuff my wife brings I would never get in the Capri also she is going shopping to Treago mills and she comes back with carpets and Xmas gifts but I could have been going around the moors with the Capri .
Bring some sunshine next time you come down this way..........Bloody Grockles :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:Will say I have a £10 bet going with the kids as first to spot a Capri down here . Loads of VW campers and stags also a very nice DB6 Aston martin
Hi,
The DB6 is a great spot, although it will be interesting to hear if you do manage to actually spot a Capri.

I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I regularly take mine away! Once had to go from London to Shrewbsury with 3 passengers and more supplies than I even realised we had! Take the capri wherever I can whenever I can so I don't miss it too much haha
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

It's the traffic coming home I would hate funny we are still in Dartmoor but my oldest son is in Cornwall who just phoned saying he went to a steam engine show and there were classic cars there with some capris and cortinas and he said you should have brought the Capri down .
I might think about a road trip of some kind .
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:It's the traffic coming home I would hate funny we are still in Dartmoor but my oldest son is in Cornwall who just phoned saying he went to a steam engine show and there were classic cars there with some capris and cortinas and he said you should have brought the Capri down .
I might think about a road trip of some kind .
There was a car show around Truro apparently......