BBMF.....Grounded

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

BBMF.....Grounded

Post by andyd »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li ... e-40957271
Lets hope this doesn't become a regular issue......Already lost the Vulcan display :crying:

A long as the Red Arrows keep going :D
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: BBMF.....Grounded

Post by pbar »

That's a shame. I suppose that classic aircraft, like classic cars, can be littered with problems and lack of reliability simply due to their ages. The trouble is, when a plane conks out it's far more serious of course.

I know that a lot of classic aircraft displays have been limited due to the recent disasters which seems to have plagued these events.

Hope something gets sorted though. I was at a car show recently and they had a flyover by a Spitfire. Absolutely brilliant. And I have another show coming up which in the past has had a private bi-plane display overhead.

They are fantastic to see.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: BBMF.....Grounded

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:That's a shame. I suppose that classic aircraft, like classic cars, can be littered with problems and lack of reliability simply due to their ages. The trouble is, when a plane conks out it's far more serious of course.

I know that a lot of classic aircraft displays have been limited due to the recent disasters which seems to have plagued these events.

Hope something gets sorted though. I was at a car show recently and they had a flyover by a Spitfire. Absolutely brilliant. And I have another show coming up which in the past has had a private bi-plane display overhead.

They are fantastic to see.
:agree: Nothing lasts forever, but you can't beat the sound of a Merlin at full chat :applaud: Except when the Red Arrows fly over us when they leave Exeter airport, that's pretty close :D :D

Did you watch Guy Martins programmes on the Spifire and Vulcan? Definitely a tear in the eye moment....
He has his own Merlin engine too :cheers: