On Quest......Turbo Pickers

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

On Quest......Turbo Pickers

Post by andyd »

Originally aired 2014/15, this starts tonight at 9.00 on Quest. Might be worth a look....Sounds similar to Shed and Buried......

Turbo Pickers, follows Paul Cowland and Dave Southall as they make fast money from flipping motors and automotive paraphernalia.

The duo run a motor renovation business in the northern former mill town of Oldham. They’re operating in a niche market: picking cars and auto related collectibles at knock down prices, fixing them up and flipping them at speed.

Paul Cowland has an encyclopaedic knowledge of motor brands and models, and there is nothing the little mechanical marvel, Dave Southall, can’t fix. Scouring salvage yards, farms and back-gardens, the scavenging duo rescue some sweet cars, turning wrecks into runners, and rusty relics into cool collectibles.

Ep1 Triumph Herald
Ep2 Jaguar XJS
Ep3 Citroen H Van
Ep4 Porsche
Ep5 Citreon CX
Ep6 Best Of...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: On Quest......Turbo Pickers

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Look good Andy. Thanks for the heads up. Hope I remember to watch/record it when i get in ftom work...
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Andy,
Cheers for the heads up. It sounds like it might be one of the few things on telly actually worth watching.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
Cheers for the heads up. It sounds like it might be one of the few things on telly actually worth watching.

Andrew.
Didn't think it was too bad.
As with most of these shows, not enough of the programme dedicated to the repairs, but more about buying and selling etc....
Will watch again though :)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I though the show was OK too, better than the excess stupidity of Tim :wank: Shaw in Car SOS.

That Herald was quite a find, I hope the young lady that bought it appreciates what she has got.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:I though the show was OK too, better than the excess stupidity of Tim :wank: Shaw in Car SOS.

That Herald was quite a find, I hope the young lady that bought it appreciates what she has got.
It was nice to see him offer the old boy more than he wanted....And not too much pratting around as you say......

:agree: Don't think the new owner will be prepared for this sort of car when the novelty wears off tbh
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote:
Paul G wrote:That Herald was quite a find, I hope the young lady that bought it appreciates what she has got.
It was nice to see him offer the old boy more than he wanted....And not too much pratting around as you say......

Don't think the new owner will be prepared for this sort of car when the novelty wears off tbh
:agree: Any convertible is great on a sunny day's test drive, even an old Herald. Show was very watchable though, except for all the 'I bought this for £5 but it's worth £100' bits I enjoyed it. Cheers for the heads up Andy.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I forgot it was on! :doh:
All is not lost as it looks like it's repeated tomorrow at 17:00.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:
Paul G wrote:That Herald was quite a find, I hope the young lady that bought it appreciates what she has got.

Don't think the new owner will be prepared for this sort of car when the novelty wears off tbh
:agree: Any convertible is great on a sunny day's test drive, even an old Herald. Show was very watchable though, except for all the 'I bought this for £5 but it's worth £100' bits I enjoyed it. Cheers for the heads up Andy.
It's always the 'money man' that can be annoying, Mike Brewer gets on my nerves at times too.......
They should have cut out the first 5/10 minutes of the Stag, and freed up more time on the Herald imo.