Stupid auction..

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Stupid auction..

Post by Major_Tom »

.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/classic-ford- ... SwiBpZdMp8

..£9,999?! Then read the description. He's on another planet.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Stupid auction..

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I assume it's the insurance company that once declared it as beyond economical repair. Clearly they didn't realise that it could be worth £10K..... :)

Andrew.
Alanb67
Car(s): Ford capri 1.6L

Post by Alanb67 »

Unbelievable. He must be on some of this... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I think the seller may just be a tad optomistic. I would have thought for £10K he could have cleaned the Popular Plus seats that it's fitted with.

If it was a mint 45000 mile XR2 it would probably be worth going up for what the seller's asking and MK2's in general are creaping up a bit in value, at least I hope so as I have one!
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

From memory the Fiesta S at that time was based on either a Popular Plus or L with a few simple extras fitted in an attempt to attract buyers who aspired to an XR2 but either couldnt justify the price or didn't need the performance.

Oddly I have a set of these Fiesta S wheel trims gathering dust that i nearly threw out a few weeks ago.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Not_Anumber wrote:From memory the Fiesta S at that time was based on either a Popular Plus or L with a few simple extras fitted in an attempt to attract buyers who aspired to an XR2 but either couldnt justify the price or didn't need the performance.
Or couldn't afford the insurance.......
Back in the heyday of boy racers and the ever-present threat of car theft, the insurance on even a modest XR2 was sky high.

Andrew.