Page 1 of 1

Just seen....

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:47 am
by Fordoholic Nick
A DeLorean DMC-12 driving up Wood Green High Rd at 0630 this morning...superb ! :)

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:09 am
by pbar
Now that is a rare sight. I've seen lots at shows, don't think I have ever seen one on the road though.

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:39 am
by Fordoholic Nick
pbar wrote:Now that is a rare sight. I've seen lots at shows, don't think I have ever seen one on the road though.


Paul I was shocked to say the least fella ! It certainly put a big :D on my face as it past my bus ! Funny thing is I seen one in the exact same stretch of road in about Feb time earlier this year. Back then it was at about 5am and was pissing down with rain....I still remember it well. Surely it must be the same one. As you say its not only rare to see them but to see them been driven is even better :)

Cheers Paul

Nick

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:43 am
by Andrew 2.8i
Hi Nick,
Great spot!
I've only ever seen one one the road. It passed me while we were driving on a dual carriageway, but it didn't sound anywhere near as good as a Capri sounds!

Andrew.

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:51 am
by Paul G
Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Nick,
Great spot!
I've only ever seen one one the road. It passed me while we were driving on a dual carriageway, but it didn't sound anywhere near as good as a Capri sounds!

Andrew.

It wouldn't, it's got a Renault 30 or Volvo 265 engine.

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 am
by pbar
Fordoholic Nick wrote:As you say its not only rare to see them but to see them been driven is even better :)

Cheers Paul



I would love to see one being driven! Bet that really was brilliant Nick.

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 am
by pbar
Paul G wrote:it's got a Renault 30 or Volvo 265 engine.


Yes, I believe they are made up from parts of all kinds aren't they. Allegro door handles and suchlike. There is still apparently a large supply of available parts from the stocks they had left over from back in the day.

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 am
by andyd
pbar wrote:
Paul G wrote:it's got a Renault 30 or Volvo 265 engine.


Yes, I believe they are made up from parts of all kinds aren't they. Allegro door handles and suchlike. There is still apparently a large supply of available parts from the stocks they had left over from back in the day.

When Wheeler Dealers did their DeLoreon, there was a company in the US that had lots of NOS parts and blue prints to remake them all if required.

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:41 am
by Fordoholic Nick
Just seen it again this morning at 0635 this time parked up beside the entrance into Turnpike Lane Bus Station :) I had my camera on phone ready on the return journey but it had gone. Put another big :D on my face.....

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:01 am
by pbar
Does it appear to be in daily use then Nick. That's brilliant if so.

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:47 am
by Andrew 2.8i
Fordoholic Nick wrote: this time parked up beside the entrance into Turnpike Lane Bus Station :)

Wouldn't it be good if it belonged to one of the drivers. Not impossible as I have it on good authority that one of the other drivers owns a superb lacquer red Ford Capri Laser..... :D

Andrew.

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:38 am
by Fordoholic Nick
pbar wrote:Does it appear to be in daily use then Nick. That's brilliant if so.


Well Paul, being parked there so early suggests it was parked overnight and as it had gone about the same time I seen it out driving other day the evidence points to being used daily. How cool is that :)
There was actually some Car Detaiing adverts in the rear side window so maybe the owner works in the car trade too. I must investigate this more as could be a useful contact...and I want a ride in his DMC-12 :)

Andrew 2.8i wrote: I have it on good authority that one of the other drivers owns a superb lacquer red Ford Capri Laser..... :D


Hmmm....rumour of a Wood Green driver who owns a Lacquer Red Capri...you got me there Andrew....

"Please move down the bus and use the seats available on the upper deck" :wave:

Re: Just seen....

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 am
by pbar
Fordoholic Nick wrote:
pbar wrote:Does it appear to be in daily use then Nick. That's brilliant if so.


Well Paul, being parked there so early suggests it was parked overnight and as it had gone about the same time I seen it out driving other day the evidence points to being used daily. How cool is that :)
There was actually some Car Detaiing adverts in the rear side window so maybe the owner works in the car trade too. I must investigate this more as could be a useful contact...and I want a ride in his DMC-12 :)



Yes that is very cool, can't be many of those in daily or frequent use. Never see one in the Aldi car park anyway! I too would love a ride in one of those, don't blame you if you try for that :)