Car storage

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Re: Car storage

Postby andyd » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:25 pm

Alanb67 wrote:
D366Y wrote:
Paul G wrote:A Capri, or any other rear wheel drive, isn't much use around High Wycombe in the snow.

Couldn't agree with you more Paul, when I drove the capri to sixth from everyday it was a nightmare in the snow!!

Both of mine live outside on a driveway under a stormforce cover all year round, and I'll use it all year too. Don't care about taking it out in the rain or snow, as long as it isn't raining when I take the cover off I'll use it! Took it to work on Christmas Eve last year :drive:

The car is never winning any concourse awards so I just enjoy it!

Danny

Hi. What kind of cover do you use for your car and dors it suffer from condensation. I got one from halfords which seems ok. Someone told me the expensive covers dont work any better.

Danny said he uses Stormforce Covers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2- ... Sw6n5XtEd2
I have bought from this seller on several occasions......Very helpful :)

Not cheap but the best IMO, as long as you follow the instructions :!:

D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....

Re: Car storage

Postby D366Y » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:41 pm

andyd wrote:
Alanb67 wrote:
D366Y wrote:
Couldn't agree with you more Paul, when I drove the capri to sixth from everyday it was a nightmare in the snow!!

Both of mine live outside on a driveway under a stormforce cover all year round, and I'll use it all year too. Don't care about taking it out in the rain or snow, as long as it isn't raining when I take the cover off I'll use it! Took it to work on Christmas Eve last year :drive:

The car is never winning any concourse awards so I just enjoy it!

Danny

Hi. What kind of cover do you use for your car and dors it suffer from condensation. I got one from halfords which seems ok. Someone told me the expensive covers dont work any better.

Danny said he uses Stormforce Covers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2- ... Sw6n5XtEd2
I have bought from this seller on several occasions......Very helpful :)

Not cheap but the best IMO, as long as you follow the instructions :!:

Yeah the stormforce stuff tends to last better than some of the cheaper stuff I tried beforehand...

Occasionally it does still have some condensation on the car but I'm not really bothered about it... Good cover though! Got them on both the cars :)

Return to “Rant and Rave”