New project.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

New project.

Post by Arya2.0S »

Been missing working on my old lady, since shes basically complete now theres very little for me to do on her, so ive really been having post-restoration withdrawal issues.
To keep myself occupied and falling into another pit of despair, my dad very kindly just gave me this:

ImageIMG_20170711_134631724_HDR by Fairy Dreaming, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20170711_134723705_HDR by Fairy Dreaming, on Flickr

Yeah, he just gave this to me. He originally intended to do it up and sell it himself, but he couldn't be bothered so i asked if i could have it and he agreed after i told him the issues ive been having.

Its a 1.8 Zetec, 120k on the clock but you wouldn't know that by seeing it as its very tidy with only minor paint blemishes here and there. It runs like a dream, everything works and it should make a lovely little first car once im done with it.

Plan is to respray the panels that need it as theres a few dings and scratches on the doors and rear quarters, replace the broken windscreen, fix a few scrapes on the bumpers and respray those and get a new cover for the wing mirror and a fresh set of alloys and then sell it on, hopefully for enough that i can get another project to keep me busy and repeat the whole process again until i can just maybe afford a Capri project to really sink my teeth into.

:D
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Re: New project.

Post by Not_Anumber »

That looks a pretty good car without too much to do.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: New project.

Post by Arya2.0S »

Not_Anumber wrote:That looks a pretty good car without too much to do.
Just a little bit of spray work and some TLC, should look good as new by the time I'm done with it. Hopefully someone will wait to buy it afterwards.